Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kepa incident has happened at Town? 22:43 - Feb 24 with 3064 viewsFifeITFC

Been thinking about this, but I seem to recall Ian Atkins refusing to be subbed by either Bobby Ferguson or John Duncan around 1986-87-88 time at Portman Road.

Can anyone remember this? I seem to recall Atkins angrily suggesting he wasn't coming off from the centre circle.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 23:45 - Feb 24 with 2953 viewsfactual_blue

I've seen on the BBC sport website that in the final of whatever the League Cup was called in 1991, Man Utd goalkeeper Les Sealey refused to be subbed despite a massive gash in his leg. However, in those days there were no goalkeeper substitutes, so you can see his reasoning.

Man Utd lost.

And to put the injury in perspective, Sealey collapsed on the way to Heathrow the following day as the wound had become infected. He was told that had he got on the plane, he'd certainly lost his leg, and probably died.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 1:04]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 00:43 - Feb 25 with 2869 viewsFifeITFC

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 23:45 - Feb 24 by factual_blue

I've seen on the BBC sport website that in the final of whatever the League Cup was called in 1991, Man Utd goalkeeper Les Sealey refused to be subbed despite a massive gash in his leg. However, in those days there were no goalkeeper substitutes, so you can see his reasoning.

Man Utd lost.

And to put the injury in perspective, Sealey collapsed on the way to Heathrow the following day as the wound had become infected. He was told that had he got on the plane, he'd certainly lost his leg, and probably died.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 1:04]

Of course, Les Sealey.

RIP.

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:29 - Feb 25 with 2580 viewsSuperfrans

This whole thing seems to have been blown totally out of proportion.

I thought that Kepa simply thought he was being subbed because of injury - but was insisting that he was fine and not injured. A simple misunderstanding which went too far imho.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:37 - Feb 25 with 2552 viewsuefacup81

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:29 - Feb 25 by Superfrans

I thought that Kepa simply thought he was being subbed because of injury - but was insisting that he was fine and not injured. A simple misunderstanding which went too far imho.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't that, despite what the official account says.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:40 - Feb 25 with 2539 viewsSuperfrans

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:37 - Feb 25 by uefacup81

Yeah, it definitely wasn't that, despite what the official account says.

It appeared that way at the time, to me.

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:48 - Feb 25 with 2515 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think we'll see Kepa time wasting again anytime soon.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:57 - Feb 25 with 2495 viewsbluewein

Kind of in agreement.

Although when a c-unit like John Terry says "that was a bit c-unitish" you've gotta think it's pretty bad...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:58 - Feb 25 with 2491 viewsuefacup81

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 08:40 - Feb 25 by Superfrans

It appeared that way at the time, to me.

Regardless of whether it was petulance, or feeling able to carry on, Kepa's actions are indefensible.

The manager tells you to come off, you come off.

If he's started to cramp up, what's to say he won't suddenly cramp up as the deciding penalty is struck?

Login to get fewer ads

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 09:23 - Feb 25 with 2425 viewschicoazul

Am I insane or did they not in fact show Kepa's number? They were about to sub him and it was obvious but he then told them he was fine. Obvs doesnt excuse his behaviour etc. Sarri reaction was very funny though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:09 - Feb 25 with 2265 viewsFifeITFC

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 09:23 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

Am I insane or did they not in fact show Kepa's number? They were about to sub him and it was obvious but he then told them he was fine. Obvs doesnt excuse his behaviour etc. Sarri reaction was very funny though.

It would appear so. I've seen another image where the number 1 is shown clearer.

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:12 - Feb 25 with 2249 viewschicoazul

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:09 - Feb 25 by FifeITFC

It would appear so. I've seen another image where the number 1 is shown clearer.

ah thank you brother

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 13:59 - Feb 25 with 2129 viewsSmithersJones

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:09 - Feb 25 by FifeITFC

I think once Caballero was standing on the touchline ready to come on it was pretty obvious who was going to go off but this picture clears up any doubt.
Chris Kirkland was on Five Live this morning and seemed very convinced that Sarri wanted to make the substitution for purely tactical reasons, ie he thought Caballero was a better penalty saver. If that was the case - rather than whether Kepa was injured or not - then it's difficult to see how they can both stay.
Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 14:03 - Feb 25 with 2110 viewsuefacup81

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 13:59 - Feb 25 by SmithersJones

I think once Caballero was standing on the touchline ready to come on it was pretty obvious who was going to go off but this picture clears up any doubt.
Chris Kirkland was on Five Live this morning and seemed very convinced that Sarri wanted to make the substitution for purely tactical reasons, ie he thought Caballero was a better penalty saver. If that was the case - rather than whether Kepa was injured or not - then it's difficult to see how they can both stay.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was tactical. Even without an argument that Caballero may be better at penalties, he would have a better knowledge of Man City's penalty takers based on his time there; he will have faced plenty of penalties from most of yesterday's takers.

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 11:57 - Feb 26 with 1906 viewsPositivelyPortman

Why on earth didn’t he just walk over and tell the manager that, instead of both of them getting hysterical.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:05 - Feb 26 with 1894 viewsuefacup81

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 11:57 - Feb 26 by PositivelyPortman

Why on earth didn’t he just walk over and tell the manager that, instead of both of them getting hysterical.

I imagine that's what precisely what would have happened if it had actually been about him not being injured.

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:09 - Feb 26 with 1885 viewsWickets

I think your half right but i still think that once the board had been held up he should have gone. The Chelsea skipper should have gone to him and make sure he went IMO. Now he has admitted he was acting and in doing so cheating, the powers that be should charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.
Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 13:18 - Feb 26 with 1833 viewsSuperfrans

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 12:09 - Feb 26 by Wickets

I think your half right but i still think that once the board had been held up he should have gone. The Chelsea skipper should have gone to him and make sure he went IMO. Now he has admitted he was acting and in doing so cheating, the powers that be should charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.

They absolutely should charge him, yes.

It just seems to me that the media obsession with controversy has made something out of very little. In hindsight, he should have gone to the touchline, whispered to them that he wasn't injured at all, just play-acting and it would have been something and nothing.

Not that I really care. If Chelski want to make themselves look stupid, I'm all for that...

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 13:41 - Feb 26 with 1809 viewsVaughan8

I think the fact he has been fined a weeks wages should tell you enough that this is not what had happened...……..
Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 13:58 - Feb 26 with 1784 viewsFifeITFC

Kepa incident has happened at Town? on 13:18 - Feb 26 by Superfrans

They absolutely should charge him, yes.

It just seems to me that the media obsession with controversy has made something out of very little. In hindsight, he should have gone to the touchline, whispered to them that he wasn't injured at all, just play-acting and it would have been something and nothing.

Not that I really care. If Chelski want to make themselves look stupid, I'm all for that...

Why didn't the Chelsea physios who tended Kepa say something in their walkie-talkie to the bench before the situation reached the public interest it did?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024