Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unwritten rule? 08:45 - Feb 25 with 932 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is there an unwritten rule that every time an English actress plays the Queen in a film, the win an Oscar for it?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Unwritten rule? on 08:54 - Feb 25 with 894 viewsCrawfordsboot

Don’t know about that but I for one find the whole self promoting luvvy circus vomit inducing. All cheered on by the compliant press. It’s all PR gloss
Unwritten rule? on 11:43 - Feb 25 with 763 viewsRyorry

Unwritten rule? on 08:54 - Feb 25 by Crawfordsboot

Don’t know about that but I for one find the whole self promoting luvvy circus vomit inducing. All cheered on by the compliant press. It’s all PR gloss

Yep, media obsession with glitzy superficiality while the world burns. Humankind needs distractions I guess, football being another ...

"Bread and circuses"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Unwritten rule? on 12:01 - Feb 25 with 731 viewsMJallday

to be fair, it also worked for Rami Malik as well

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Unwritten rule? on 15:32 - Feb 25 with 599 viewsbritbiker

Unwritten rule? on 08:54 - Feb 25 by Crawfordsboot

Must admit I cant stand award ceremonies.
Saw a news section this morning on the Oscars. Its all very politically correct with the equality fior womens rights and black equality. They then did a section on which actress showed off their figures in skimpy dresses. Its still all about the looks. Very odd.
Unwritten rule? on 15:36 - Feb 25 with 589 viewsRadlett_blue

Unwritten rule? on 15:32 - Feb 25 by britbiker

Must admit I cant stand award ceremonies.
Saw a news section this morning on the Oscars. Its all very politically correct with the equality fior womens rights and black equality. They then did a section on which actress showed off their figures in skimpy dresses. Its still all about the looks. Very odd.

I don't think there's anything much more cringeworthy than over-long, over-emotional, weepy acceptance speeches. Much loved by the fawning presenters on the ghastly BBC Breakfast, though, especially if the winner is a Brit.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024