Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does this forum have a political bias? 19:48 - Feb 25 with 21349 viewsDubtractor

I've seen a fair few posts lamenting the lefty bias on here, but I don't see it.

I'd suggest that there is a pretty even mix of posters from right across the political spectrum on here, which is what makes it an interesting place to gauge the political landscape rather that the echo chamber of facebook etc.

I think the issue people have is that, away from that echo chamber whether that be social media or mates at the pub, it jars for people to see views different to their own.

For every Sprucey there is a Pickles, for every Glasgow a Herbivore, for Zed a Bluefish, for every me another equally bland political poster.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:50 - Feb 25 with 3944 viewsGlasgowBlue

That’s harsh on fishers to pair him off with zed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3955 viewsChampionship

Seems a strong lefty bias to me. Although that might be because they present their argument better than some of the more extreme right wing posters. There doesn't seem to be many moderate right wing posters.
Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3953 viewsDubtractor

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:50 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

That’s harsh on fishers to pair him off with zed.

OK, you have Zed and Fishers can have Herbivore.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3936 viewschicoazul

One, you arent bland. Two, most people here think more or less the same things politically as each other and hold more or less the same opinions. Three, in my status as Extremely Online Guy for the last 20 years or so I am more and more of the opinion that "bubbles" so to speak are not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to online discourse.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3942 viewsBackToRussia

People like to feel like they're a persecuted minority (ironically). It allows them to play the victim a la Benters when in fact they form a large majority.

I'd say TWTD is fairly accurate a sample of UK political views. There's a few hard leftists on here but not many, most are liberals, 'centrists' (yuck) and right wingers, as in reality.

Of course, to some right wingers, liberals can be thrown in with harder leftists as "lefties". Ideology is always skewed.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:53 - Feb 25 with 3926 viewsGlasgowBlue

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 by Dubtractor

OK, you have Zed and Fishers can have Herbivore.

Piss off!!!

Zed is in a class of his own.

Iron Lion Zion

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:53 - Feb 25 with 3943 viewsSpruceMoose

How very dare you. I am not the opposite end of the Pickles scale. I like to think I am the opposite end of the Stokie scale, and as such we get on very well.

There's no lefty bias on here. It's just people cry babying that their opinions aren't universally welcomed. I said this earlier on today but it is worth repeating, that when it matters, when posters need support or help or sympathy, that all gets set aside anyway.

Whether it's being stuck on boat for months on end away from family (not you, Fergal), or having a crack at not drinking for a year, tearing your taint falling over in the bath, or losing a loved one everyone gets a shoulder to cry on in their time of need.

Under it all, there's some care for one another there. Most are a decent sort when the chips are down, Snowflakes and Gammons alike.

In true TWTD fashion, I'm fulling expecting a downvote or a SUQ for this unifying message!
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 19:59]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:54 - Feb 25 with 3938 viewsDubtractor

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 by Championship

Seems a strong lefty bias to me. Although that might be because they present their argument better than some of the more extreme right wing posters. There doesn't seem to be many moderate right wing posters.

Glasgow, Bluefish, Sparks, probably Lowhouse these days too.

All have pretty strong financial 'right wing' views but less so from a social point of view and usually put their posts across fairly well.

Login to get fewer ads

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:54 - Feb 25 with 3927 viewsChampionship

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

One, you arent bland. Two, most people here think more or less the same things politically as each other and hold more or less the same opinions. Three, in my status as Extremely Online Guy for the last 20 years or so I am more and more of the opinion that "bubbles" so to speak are not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to online discourse.

I think if TWTD was divided into parties I would be in yours. You say some of the things a lot of people seem to think but don't dare say.
Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:54 - Feb 25 with 3910 viewschicoazul

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 by Championship

There are no extreme right wing posters here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 3920 viewsEwan_Oozami

Hello, excuse me, sorry for interrupting, but I'm a Centrist Dad and...hello, is anybody there?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 3919 viewsPecker

I think some have far more allegiance to one party or another than others. Personally I vote for who I think is best for the whole of Britain, not just me. I have voted for both major parties. Some on here do get themselves in a bit of a state about it.
Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 3911 viewsBackToRussia

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:54 - Feb 25 by Dubtractor

All have pretty strong financial 'right wing' views but less so from a social point of view and usually put their posts across fairly well.

Then there's Chico off the map.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 3907 viewsSpruceMoose

Stokie. He's the perfect Right of Centre poster in my mind. I most often do not agree with him, but his opinions can always be respected, as they seem to have been arrived at through fair and balanced thought.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 20:00]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:58 - Feb 25 with 3887 viewsChampionship

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:54 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

There are no extreme right wing posters here.

Johnno etc? Extreme might be the wrong word.
Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:58 - Feb 25 with 3886 viewshampstead_blue

Back to the OP.

I think the majority of those who comment are slightly left leaning.
There is a healthy debate and, dare I say it, an apparently good level of intellect as well.

Long may it continue.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 3880 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

People like to feel like they're a persecuted minority (ironically). It allows them to play the victim a la Benters when in fact they form a large majority.

I'd say TWTD is fairly accurate a sample of UK political views. There's a few hard leftists on here but not many, most are liberals, 'centrists' (yuck) and right wingers, as in reality.

Of course, to some right wingers, liberals can be thrown in with harder leftists as "lefties". Ideology is always skewed.

I look at it as an amusing mix for me to peruse of an evening..................and as you rightly say, a fairly accurate sample.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 3879 viewsDubtractor

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:56 - Feb 25 by SpruceMoose

Stokie. He's the perfect Right of Centre poster in my mind. I most often do not agree with him, but his opinions can always be respected, as they seem to have been arrived at through fair and balanced thought.

Yep, he's another good example.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 3876 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:55 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

Then there's Chico off the map.

Chico's politics are 'whatever I finds I keeps'. Seems fair to me.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:00 - Feb 25 with 3856 viewsBackToRussia

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:59 - Feb 25 by footers

Chico's politics are 'whatever I finds I keeps'. Seems fair to me.

I mean, believe what you want but Blair being a Marxist is just funny.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:00 - Feb 25 with 3854 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:56 - Feb 25 by SpruceMoose

Stokie is a Vulcan, he only does that which appears most logical. Ask him about avant-garde stuff and he's all at sea...

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 3841 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:00 - Feb 25 by BackToRussia

I mean, believe what you want but Blair being a Marxist is just funny.

It's because he levied a special tax on his interests at 2%.

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 3831 viewsGlasgowBlue

I wouldn’t say Lowhouse. He’s old school Labour.

He’s just fighting the same fights that labour members had to in 1984 when militant infiltrated the Labour Party.

Iron Lion Zion

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 3835 viewsDubtractor

Does this forum have a political bias? on 19:52 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

I may not be bland, but I've always been the king of self deprecation, it's what has got me where I am today. Never take yourself too seriously is my life motto.

edit: I don't actually have a life motto, just realised that made me sound like a bit of a cock.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 20:03]

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:02 - Feb 25 with 3820 viewsfooters

Does this forum have a political bias? on 20:01 - Feb 25 by Dubtractor

I may not be bland, but I've always been the king of self deprecation, it's what has got me where I am today. Never take yourself too seriously is my life motto.

edit: I don't actually have a life motto, just realised that made me sound like a bit of a cock.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 20:03]

Can you be a king of self-deprecation? Surely you'd be a pauper...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024