Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby 21:43 - Feb 25 with 2849 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Derby on 21:45 - Feb 25 with 2845 viewsBlueBadger

As someone on here said last week, you can tell when spring is near, because Derby's league form drops off faster than a narcoleptic with a heroin habit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Derby on 21:46 - Feb 25 with 2824 viewsElderGrizzly

There was a graphic comparing last season to this and Lampard is 7 points worse off right now. Whoops...
Derby on 21:47 - Feb 25 with 2804 viewsSuperblue95

Derby on 21:45 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

As someone on here said last week, you can tell when spring is near, because Derby's league form drops off faster than a narcoleptic with a heroin habit.

It really is a thing of beauty watching them bottle it every single year. Arrogant, self entitled b*stards

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Derby on 21:50 - Feb 25 with 2784 viewsBlueBadger

Derby on 21:47 - Feb 25 by Superblue95

It really is a thing of beauty watching them bottle it every single year. Arrogant, self entitled b*stards

They're basically the current-day equivalent of Wolves from the 90's. Every season they'd spunk millions and every season they'd fail to go up. Whilst bleating about how much they 'deserved' to go up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Derby on 22:06 - Feb 25 with 2697 viewsfactual_blue

Derby on 21:45 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

Ahem....it's Frank Lampard's Derby County.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Derby on 22:22 - Feb 25 with 2651 viewsbournemouthblue

Derby on 21:50 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

They're basically the current-day equivalent of Wolves from the 90's. Every season they'd spunk millions and every season they'd fail to go up. Whilst bleating about how much they 'deserved' to go up.

Fundamentally there has to be something wrong there for the same to repeat over and over

The number of quality Championship players they seem to bring in and yet they get the same outcome again and again

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Derby on 22:31 - Feb 25 with 2598 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby on 22:22 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

Fundamentally there has to be something wrong there for the same to repeat over and over

The number of quality Championship players they seem to bring in and yet they get the same outcome again and again

Common theme with them, like us, is the owner.

However, their owner invests but also crucially interferes in team selection and player recruitment.
Derby on 22:48 - Feb 25 with 2552 viewsbournemouthblue

Derby on 22:31 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Common theme with them, like us, is the owner.

However, their owner invests but also crucially interferes in team selection and player recruitment.

There lyes the problem, it sounds like the opposite extreme

Our owner is ambivalent but has generally kept us quite stable if uncompetitive

Their owner is generous but too hands on, has kept them competitive but ultimately bottling it repeatedly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Derby on 22:50 - Feb 25 with 2549 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Lampard and Derby has been poor this season.

Tomori and Mount
Harry Wilson
signed Waghorn and Marriot
Still have players like Huddlestone and Keogh

Yet they still cannot get anywhere near the top two.. If he wasn't Frank Lampard serious questions would be being asked.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Derby on 23:57 - Feb 25 with 2427 viewsLeagueOne

Derby on 21:50 - Feb 25 by BlueBadger

I'd wished we'd have spunked millions to have a chance at the Playoffs in a highly competitive division rather than be playing Norwich U23'S in an active cup competition.
Their fans still fill their ground up as well...

So yeah i'd swap. Nothing to laugh at Derby at when we're about to drop with a record points low in the second tier.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Derby on 00:11 - Feb 26 with 2411 viewsBlueBadger

Derby on 23:57 - Feb 25 by LeagueOne

I'd wished we'd have spunked millions to have a chance at the Playoffs in a highly competitive division rather than be playing Norwich U23'S in an active cup competition.

So yeah i'd swap. Nothing to laugh at Derby at when we're about to drop with a record points low in the second tier.

I'ver never understood why failure is somehow more attractive because you've spunked millions on it.
See also: HS2, Brexit

Derby on 00:18 - Feb 26 with 2401 viewsStNeotsBlue

I don't get the dislike of Derby thing, yes they've spent a few quid and it hasn't worked out but it has zero to do with us or why we are in the predicament we're in. Odd.
Derby on 00:21 - Feb 26 with 2392 viewstextbackup

as we sit bottom of the league. reckon derby would rather their situation

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Derby on 00:26 - Feb 26 with 2387 viewsBlueBadger

Derby on 00:18 - Feb 26 by StNeotsBlue

I don't get the dislike of Derby thing, yes they've spent a few quid and it hasn't worked out but it has zero to do with us or why we are in the predicament we're in. Odd.

It basically stems from the formation of the TWTD branch of the Derby supporters' club a few years ago.

Derby on 00:36 - Feb 26 with 2372 viewsStNeotsBlue

Derby on 00:26 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

It basically stems from the formation of the TWTD branch of the Derby supporters' club a few years ago.

I get that but don't understand why that has become for some a big anti Derby thing. It seems a bit tinpot and daft. They've spent a few quid and it doesn't seem to be working but it is irrelevant to us , I couldn't give a monkey's as to how they get on.
Derby on 07:58 - Feb 26 with 2131 viewsSteve_M

Derby on 00:36 - Feb 26 by StNeotsBlue

I get that but don't understand why that has become for some a big anti Derby thing. It seems a bit tinpot and daft. They've spent a few quid and it doesn't seem to be working but it is irrelevant to us , I couldn't give a monkey's as to how they get on.

It's the spending a lot of money fairly badly every year, there was a real nasty and entitled streak about them as a team a few years ago too - Chris Martin, Bradley Johnson, Keogh - and it isn't just us who enjoys the annual collapse.

I think it was Joe who pointed out that since both clubs were relegated in 2002 they've won a grand total of one more Premier League match than we have.

As an aside, Derby's off-pitch structure, the use of the stadium and efforts to fill it are far superior than anything Evans has managed here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ipswich on 08:02 - Feb 26 with 2114 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Derby on 08:02 - Feb 26 with 2114 viewswkj

Derby on 07:58 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

It's the spending a lot of money fairly badly every year, there was a real nasty and entitled streak about them as a team a few years ago too - Chris Martin, Bradley Johnson, Keogh - and it isn't just us who enjoys the annual collapse.

I think it was Joe who pointed out that since both clubs were relegated in 2002 they've won a grand total of one more Premier League match than we have.

As an aside, Derby's off-pitch structure, the use of the stadium and efforts to fill it are far superior than anything Evans has managed here.

This i agree with, They have done a lot to make Derby country a hub for the community even on non match day, iirc they have a public gym built into the stadium?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Derby on 08:08 - Feb 26 with 2103 viewsBluefish

Derby on 08:02 - Feb 26 by wkj

This i agree with, They have done a lot to make Derby country a hub for the community even on non match day, iirc they have a public gym built into the stadium?

They let out part of the ground to a private company who had a gym there but it didn't end well and derby terminated the lease. Is now an all day bar and restaurant, there is another posher restaurant built in the ground and there was a Starbucks but this has also been taken in house and rebranded. There is a Greggs as well and the exec boxes/function rooms are used through the week. It is also plastered in advertising
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 8:11]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Derby on 08:15 - Feb 26 with 2066 viewsfooters

Derby on 23:57 - Feb 25 by LeagueOne

Hang about, aren't you competing for promotion this season?

You are more subtle than many of your six-fingered forebears, that much I'll give you. Is it wotb's ghastly colour scheme that makes you come here insteaf, or do you just like the smell of faded glory?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Derby on 09:56 - Feb 26 with 1927 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024