Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any exchange rate experts out there? 09:56 - Feb 27 with 577 viewsPinewoodblue

Will be out of the country on Brexit day, boarding cruise ship in Florida on 30th.

Been putting off buying the premium drinks package, paid in dollars. ($69 a day). Is the £ likely to improve over the next week or so, currently approaching $1.33 to £ and what would be a good target rate to trigger purchase?

Not really a look at me post more I'm a meanie post.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 542 viewsZedRodgers

Hello sir my name is Zed

I am prince of the People's Republic of Corbyn (PRoC).

I'm launching a new cryptocurrency called Brexitcoin on 28th March and am giving you the opportunity to make big super investment with me. You will be handsomely rewarded when my coin is worth more then 6 million on 32nd March.

PM me and I'll send you PayPal deets for quick transfer.

No, not at the moment

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:07 - Feb 27 with 538 viewsWeWereZombies

The pound recovered a little yesterday on even a hint of a revocation of Article 50 but things could just as easily go the other way, so no one knows. It will all depend on political intrigues.

So, if you are cautious type buy your currency forward now. If you like an element of risk and the possibility of making a few bucks wait and see. I am hoping to be out of the country next month too and I think I will hit the cashpoints a fair bit before 29th March to get stocked up on euros.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:12 - Feb 27 with 533 viewsStokieBlue

I suggest you just pay for it now and enjoy your holiday without worrying about brexit or any of the other nonsense which is ongoing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:27 - Feb 27 with 515 viewsfooters

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:12 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

I suggest you just pay for it now and enjoy your holiday without worrying about brexit or any of the other nonsense which is ongoing.

SB

Yeah, or in other words stop being such a cheapskate

The first drink is the only expensive one.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:28 - Feb 27 with 513 viewsclive_baker

The more likely a no Brexit scenario is the stronger the GBP will be. Taking no deal off the table will also give it a bounce. Personally I would sit tight a little longer and hope for something closer to 1.4. Having said that, 1.4 vs. 1.35 you're talking about £2 a day difference on your drinks. Better the devil you know sometimes, just make sure you drink more on the cruise!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:36 - Feb 27 with 496 viewsLord_Lucan

If things are uncertain then sterling will fall, if it looks like there will be a line drawn in the sand (regardless of the outcome) it will rise.

Personally I can't see it getting much higher than the current rate until things are clearer, it could well be 1.29 again at the end of the week.

There are two things to consider here.

1/ If we knew the answer we wouldn't be stuck at work.

2/ In the great scheme of things from what your spend will be it isn't worth worrying about in the slightest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:38 - Feb 27 with 488 viewsChampionship

Th pound strengthened yesterday because the risk of no deal was lessened. No idea if it's a good time to buy or not. Money Saving Expert apparently give some advice on their website about what to do if you need to buy currency.
Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:45 - Feb 27 with 460 viewsPinewoodblue

Any exchange rate experts out there? on 10:28 - Feb 27 by clive_baker

The more likely a no Brexit scenario is the stronger the GBP will be. Taking no deal off the table will also give it a bounce. Personally I would sit tight a little longer and hope for something closer to 1.4. Having said that, 1.4 vs. 1.35 you're talking about £2 a day difference on your drinks. Better the devil you know sometimes, just make sure you drink more on the cruise!

Had 1.35 in mind probably leave it a few days. $69 a day each sounds a lot but a single measure of spirit is $9 cocktails $13 and it is a very hectic cruise. Live sixties music on upto four stages from 11am to 2am and a poolside concert each night starting at 11.30pm. Will need a holiday to get over it.

No formal nights but a party dress theme for each night. Bell bottom ball, British Invasion, Hippie, beach party etc.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024