Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years 14:57 - Feb 28 with 2313 viewsChampionship

EU migration lowest since 2009

Great news for leavers who wanted to embrace the world

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47400679
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 15:32 - Feb 28 with 2248 viewsitfcjoe

It's hard for the Tories, they have to pretend they want to bring immigration down to appease some rabid members of their support base but we actually need them so they still have to have high numbers of immigration.

This is why the campaign re ending free movement is so disingenous, we have been able to limit immigration forever but have effectively chosen not to.

The leave campaign were happy to dog whistle and state there would be less foreigners knowing full well there wouldn't be. Because they needed to do something to get enough votes in addition to those who genuinely were against the EU.

But, fortunately for the leave campaign those Brexiteers who are anti immigration will see this as fake news and easily be persuaded immigration is fallen by Farage and his like.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 16:15 - Feb 28 with 2206 viewsDarth_Koont

It's pretty insane.

Make a big hoo-hah about immigration while risking demonising whole sections of the population. Push for a Brexit that will damage the economy and our future prospects in order to "take back control". And then immediately let more immigrants in where we've always had control in the first place.

You get the feeling the left hand doesn't know what the hatstand is doing.

Pronouns: He/Him

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 16:19 - Feb 28 with 2196 viewsMullysplace1

As Johnny Rotten once said "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated ?"
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 16:45 - Feb 28 with 2161 viewseireblue

UKIP policy was to allow business to determine immigration needs.

People chose what they wanted to hear.

Farage just hates the EU, and used immigrants as a target to gain popularity when times were tough. And the Tories just followed along with their immigration target.
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 16:56 - Feb 28 with 2140 viewscaught-in-limbo

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 16:15 - Feb 28 by Darth_Koont

It's pretty insane.

Make a big hoo-hah about immigration while risking demonising whole sections of the population. Push for a Brexit that will damage the economy and our future prospects in order to "take back control". And then immediately let more immigrants in where we've always had control in the first place.

Precisely.

Corbyn out!

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 17:35 - Feb 28 with 2090 viewsLord_Lucan

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 15:32 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

It's hard for the Tories, they have to pretend they want to bring immigration down to appease some rabid members of their support base but we actually need them so they still have to have high numbers of immigration.

This is why the campaign re ending free movement is so disingenous, we have been able to limit immigration forever but have effectively chosen not to.

The leave campaign were happy to dog whistle and state there would be less foreigners knowing full well there wouldn't be. Because they needed to do something to get enough votes in addition to those who genuinely were against the EU.

But, fortunately for the leave campaign those Brexiteers who are anti immigration will see this as fake news and easily be persuaded immigration is fallen by Farage and his like.

What I never understand is people who voted leave for the sake of immigration failing to understand that the people who they least wanted over here weren't European anyway.

I believe EU immigration is now the lowest since 2009 but that is mainly because the £ has crashed and the money they earn isn't what it was.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 23:10 - Feb 28 with 1944 viewsZedRodgers

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 17:35 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

What I never understand is people who voted leave for the sake of immigration failing to understand that the people who they least wanted over here weren't European anyway.

I believe EU immigration is now the lowest since 2009 but that is mainly because the £ has crashed and the money they earn isn't what it was.

The VoteLeave billboards and Facebook ads that showed a long queue of brown people queuing up to come here because of Turkey worked wonders.

No, not at the moment

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 07:35 - Mar 1 with 1850 viewsWeekender

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 17:35 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

There's not much to understand. Those people are either dim, racist or both.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Login to get fewer ads

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 08:10 - Mar 1 with 1788 viewsitfcjoe

They stoked those fears by saying Turkey will be joining the EU, that it has a land barrier with Syria and that 50m Muslims could now come here under freedom of movement.

Turkey are years away from being in the EU, and we have a Veto anyway - I expect that of Farage and his lot, but when Boris Johnson was saying it then I don't know how that chancer still gets away with being in Government.

Ironically less EU immigration means more 'brown people' and Muslims which will upset many

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 08:11 - Mar 1 with 1789 viewsitfcjoe

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 07:35 - Mar 1 by Weekender

There's not much to understand. Those people are either dim, racist or both.

More importantly they were lied to, by people who knew they were lying.

It's much easier to get someone to believe a lie, than believe they have been duped.

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 08:42 - Mar 1 with 1767 viewsElderGrizzly

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 08:11 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

More importantly they were lied to, by people who knew they were lying.

It's much easier to get someone to believe a lie, than believe they have been duped.

One of Trump’s aides said, it doesn’t matter if it’s tue, it’s what they believe that matters.

How true...
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 11:37 - Mar 1 with 1689 viewsNo9

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 08:10 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

They stoked those fears by saying Turkey will be joining the EU, that it has a land barrier with Syria and that 50m Muslims could now come here under freedom of movement.

Turkey are years away from being in the EU, and we have a Veto anyway - I expect that of Farage and his lot, but when Boris Johnson was saying it then I don't know how that chancer still gets away with being in Government.

Ironically less EU immigration means more 'brown people' and Muslims which will upset many

& the UK media ignored the fact the French had veto'd Turkey joining the EU
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 1668 viewsNo9

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 16:15 - Feb 28 by Darth_Koont

It's pretty insane.

Immigrants from the third world (non EU) expect less and require less wages.
A report about working conditions & wages in Leicester showed the Indian employers involved in the 'rag trade' never paid anything like the minimum wage, this, as reported, is known by the authorities.
None of the employers had been taken to court for not complying with legislation.
Non of the employees come from the EU
Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 11:52 - Mar 1 with 1648 viewsnoggin

Balls

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 1582 viewsMVBlue

Net migration from non EU countries highest for 15 years on 08:10 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whodoyouthinkyouare/new-stories/boris-johnson/how-we-did-it
From Turkish stock himself:
"Boris's grandfather, Wilfred Johnson, had never spoken about the murder of his Turkish father in the 1920s."

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024