Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town win today 10:08 - Mar 2 with 2518 viewsgrimboy

It’s must win game and I can see us getting it and I can also see Millwall winning so it’s going to be a great weekend let’s enjoy this.
Town win today on 10:16 - Mar 2 with 2485 viewsBlueBadger

At this point, a win is essentially us making the chairs on the deck of the Titanic look tidier. Our 'must wins' were back in November through early January when we were playing vulnerable looking QPR, Bristol City, Reading, Preston, Wigan and Millwall. We managed exactly one win from those games.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Town win today on 10:23 - Mar 2 with 2470 viewshammo56

Town win today on 10:16 - Mar 2 by BlueBadger

At this point, a win is essentially us making the chairs on the deck of the Titanic look tidier. Our 'must wins' were back in November through early January when we were playing vulnerable looking QPR, Bristol City, Reading, Preston, Wigan and Millwall. We managed exactly one win from those games.

Spot on.
I see some people are saying that this is the most important game for years. Unfortunately it is now too late for that to be the case.
Town win today on 10:27 - Mar 2 with 2457 viewsHerbivore

Town win today on 10:23 - Mar 2 by hammo56

Spot on.
I see some people are saying that this is the most important game for years. Unfortunately it is now too late for that to be the case.

Agreed. Even with a win today we'll need to make up at least 6 points over the last 11 games of the season. It just isn't happening. I'm actually struggling to get myself psyched up to go today but I'm sure I'll be there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town win today on 10:33 - Mar 2 with 2431 viewsgrimboy

Town win today on 10:27 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

Agreed. Even with a win today we'll need to make up at least 6 points over the last 11 games of the season. It just isn't happening. I'm actually struggling to get myself psyched up to go today but I'm sure I'll be there.

With your attitude you might as well stay at home.
Town win today on 10:35 - Mar 2 with 2430 viewsgrimboy

I agree to an extent but I can’t hear the fat lady singing and until it’s official let’s just keep going it could help install some confidence in the team going foward.
Town win today on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 2420 viewsHerbivore

Town win today on 10:33 - Mar 2 by grimboy

With your attitude you might as well stay at home.

I'm going to go just to annoy you.

Town win today on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 2423 viewsBlueBadger

Town win today on 10:35 - Mar 2 by grimboy

I agree to an extent but I can’t hear the fat lady singing and until it’s official let’s just keep going it could help install some confidence in the team going foward.

She might not have sung yet but she's been clearing her throat and practicing her scales since December.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Town win today on 10:42 - Mar 2 with 2402 viewsfooters

Positive attitude, lovely stuff.

Grimboy = grinboy

COYFB

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Town win today on 10:49 - Mar 2 with 2385 viewsDarth_Koont

Town win today on 10:23 - Mar 2 by hammo56

Spot on.

That was me. Don't get me wrong, we've got little to no hope of doing it but this feels like the last chance.

It's important to remember that Millwall should be down here but for 3 wins out of 4 in October and 3 in 3 they got around Christmas. And both times we helped them in those mini-runs. But the rest of the time they've been as bad as us. So it's not impossible to get results from an otherwise bad team.

I'm not saying we are going to do it but if the boost from winning this game could be critical to finally putting some results together.

Pronouns: He/Him

Town win today on 10:55 - Mar 2 with 2356 viewsgrimboy

Town win today on 10:42 - Mar 2 by footers

Positive attitude, lovely stuff.

Grimboy = grinboy

COYFB

See footers you got me all wrong.
Town win today on 10:55 - Mar 2 with 2357 viewsSomethingBlue

Town win today on 10:49 - Mar 2 by Darth_Koont

That was me. Don't get me wrong, we've got little to no hope of doing it but this feels like the last chance.

It's important to remember that Millwall should be down here but for 3 wins out of 4 in October and 3 in 3 they got around Christmas. And both times we helped them in those mini-runs. But the rest of the time they've been as bad as us. So it's not impossible to get results from an otherwise bad team.

I'm not saying we are going to do it but if the boost from winning this game could be critical to finally putting some results together.

Yeah, I'm in the "you never know ... " camp if we win today, although I do think that Garner goal has probably done for us. We would then need to back the result up. West Brom's fans will be very jittery next week (although history does show we are the team that tend to put that right for a while) and if we can go into that on the back of a win and four games unbeaten then ... well ... I've seen far stranger things.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town win today on 11:06 - Mar 2 with 2314 viewsfooters

Town win today on 10:55 - Mar 2 by grimboy

See footers you got me all wrong.

Maybe so but I bloody hope you're right today, grinners!

We still have a few hours of hope left- let's enjoy them together, as one.

Town win today on 11:14 - Mar 2 with 2298 viewsDarth_Koont

Town win today on 10:55 - Mar 2 by SomethingBlue

Yeah, I'm in the "you never know ... " camp if we win today, although I do think that Garner goal has probably done for us. We would then need to back the result up. West Brom's fans will be very jittery next week (although history does show we are the team that tend to put that right for a while) and if we can go into that on the back of a win and four games unbeaten then ... well ... I've seen far stranger things.

We've seen nothing from this squad really in terms of unlikely or lucky results apart from one match, Swansea away, where we really should have been battered. And we're not good enough or clinical enough to get what our performances deserve even when those improve.

But ... that completely changes when you scramble a couple of results, and some momentum and confidence come back. We've surely seen enough (too much!) of the Championship by now to know that. So, we shouldn't write off things we've already seen with our own eyes.

Especially when the positivity around the team has been excellent these past weeks and is the only way we can help now. Without that we'd definitely be down already.

Pronouns: He/Him

Town win today on 11:33 - Mar 2 with 2245 viewsSomethingBlue

Town win today on 11:14 - Mar 2 by Darth_Koont

We've seen nothing from this squad really in terms of unlikely or lucky results apart from one match, Swansea away, where we really should have been battered. And we're not good enough or clinical enough to get what our performances deserve even when those improve.

But ... that completely changes when you scramble a couple of results, and some momentum and confidence come back. We've surely seen enough (too much!) of the Championship by now to know that. So, we shouldn't write off things we've already seen with our own eyes.

Especially when the positivity around the team has been excellent these past weeks and is the only way we can help now. Without that we'd definitely be down already.

Yep. Seen enough teams find an extra gear or two in the run-in when all seems lost. Strange things can and do happen. With a bit of momentum we just don't know what our current lot can do. Absolutely clear though that today is our last chance to even think about this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town win today on 11:35 - Mar 2 with 2238 viewsfloridaboy

I still have this faint hope that we get out of the bottom three and stay up and our dear friends up the road blow promotion. Which would shut them up and hopefully Look East and About Anglia as well.

Until it is mathematically impossible surely we still have to have hope and pray for a miracle!!
Town win today on 11:39 - Mar 2 with 2227 viewshammo56

Town win today on 10:49 - Mar 2 by Darth_Koont

I would be absolutely delighted if you are right.
For me the thing that has finally put the nail in the coffin are the injuries. Losing young Lancaster when he was showing promise was a blow and then to top it off Keane starts to show some real form and does his hamstring.
Just seems like that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season. Knowing our luck even if by some miracle we did put a winning run together one of the other teams would start finding some form.
Having said that I will still be there cheering the lads on today and next week at West Brom.
Town win today on 12:33 - Mar 2 with 2130 viewsTrequartista

It's not a must win game because a) we've already had about 5 must win games that we didn't win and b) when we don't win, there will still be talk of the possibility of staying up.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Town win today on 12:38 - Mar 2 with 2119 viewsHerbivore

Town win today on 12:33 - Mar 2 by Trequartista

It's not a must win game because a) we've already had about 5 must win games that we didn't win and b) when we don't win, there will still be talk of the possibility of staying up.

Is there a limit on how many must win games are allowed per season?

Town win today on 12:42 - Mar 2 with 2111 viewsfooters

Town win today on 12:38 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

If you have more than 10 you can't use the smaller checkouts.

Town win today on 13:20 - Mar 2 with 2008 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep. This is a ‘wouldn’t it be nice to get a win and have a good day out’ win.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town win today on 13:58 - Mar 2 with 1942 viewsTrequartista

Town win today on 12:38 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

If it was a must-win and we didn't win it, then it means we can no longer stay up, but then hey presto another must-win comes along rendering the original must-win fake. So after several fake must-win games, i'm calling this one fake as well, because when we don't win it, the manager will still be claiming we can stay up.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024