Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 18:18 - Mar 2 with 4935 viewsBlackboots

and still I read posts talking about promotion next season. Our team is the standard of one of those near the bottom of league one. Next season is about making sure we don’t go any lower and to start putting together a squad that may be able to challenge the season after.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 19:36]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:19 - Mar 2 with 4708 viewsHerbivore

Don't be a fanny.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:20 - Mar 2 with 4697 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Watch the defending on both goals and you are not wrong. Ball in behind Chambers, the other two straight to the ball and bang one nil. Basic easy stuff and don't get me started on the second.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:21 - Mar 2 with 4692 viewsBlackboots

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:19 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

Don't be a fanny.

We’re a shambles. There are some decent teams in league one. There are some poor ones in the championship and they’ve all beaten us

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 4659 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:21 - Mar 2 by Blackboots

We’re a shambles. There are some decent teams in league one. There are some poor ones in the championship and they’ve all beaten us

Yes no need to panic, with 5 wins in 46 lol.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 4654 viewsAYACCA

yeah but if you turn the table upside down then we're top
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 4654 viewsHerbivore

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:21 - Mar 2 by Blackboots

All three relegated sides came back up last year and Rotherham were at least as poor as us. Stop being a drama queen. We're a crap Championship team, that doesn't equate to being a bottom 6 League One team.

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:33 - Mar 2 with 4603 viewsPecker

We start again from fresh next season. Mr Lambert will sort the mess out and we will be top 6 and pushing for promotion. We have the right man for the job. I had a wobble a few weeks ago, but have had a word with myself and now the belief is back. You will hopefully do the same. Supporting Ipswich is rarely straight forward.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:36 - Mar 2 with 4579 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:23 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

All three relegated sides came back up last year and Rotherham were at least as poor as us. Stop being a drama queen. We're a crap Championship team, that doesn't equate to being a bottom 6 League One team.

Equally though, we’re worse than Burton were last season and they’re 11th

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:38 - Mar 2 with 4580 viewsWonky

I must say chaps, I've avoided joining in with some of the more 'alarmist' posts, but perusing the table this evening, must concede we may, be in a bit of bother.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:48 - Mar 2 with 4507 viewsChris_Knights

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:38 - Mar 2 by Wonky

I must say chaps, I've avoided joining in with some of the more 'alarmist' posts, but perusing the table this evening, must concede we may, be in a bit of bother.

Who’s being Alarmist.... I’m facing facts .... this team are without a shadow of a doubt the worst ITFC team in history, we have an owner that will not invest and a manager that gets sent off and everyone thinks he’s the messiah. I think that’s a recipe to be alarmed and yet the good Suffolk folk say “there there we will get promoted next season” . DO ME A FAVOUR .... facts don’t lie and this team with this manager and owner are going nowhere other than downwards.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 19:05 - Mar 2 with 4422 viewsradiogaga

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:23 - Mar 2 by Herbivore

Rotherham got promoted last season 12 months after they set the lowest championship points tally ever (although we could yet change that) the year before. Then again, for every Rotherham there is a Coventry or Bradford. Sheffield United took several years to crack it.

Regardless, talk of promotion and relegation next season currently is all completely irrelevant, particularly as this team will not be around next season.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 19:07]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 19:23 - Mar 2 with 4327 viewsthegloryyears

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 19:05 - Mar 2 by radiogaga

Rotherham got promoted last season 12 months after they set the lowest championship points tally ever (although we could yet change that) the year before. Then again, for every Rotherham there is a Coventry or Bradford. Sheffield United took several years to crack it.

Regardless, talk of promotion and relegation next season currently is all completely irrelevant, particularly as this team will not be around next season.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 19:07]

Yep it laughable on here people think we’ll finish top 2
We’re screwed - owner won’t spend a penny
Well be languishing in League 1 for years
Vying with Colchester Utd and Southend.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 (n/t) on 19:36 - Mar 2 with 4252 viewsBlackboots

3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 21:16 - Mar 2 with 4013 viewspatrickswell

You do raise an interesting point here. While I would like to believe that a summer of Lambert will see us come back up next year, his first priority has to be to get the side winning games of football again. Does this squad truly believe it can win matches? It’s shown a lot of faults this year and worst of them has been a lack of belief and desire. I’d almost settle for a mid-table season in League One next year if it meant we got out of the losing habit we’ve fallen into this year.

The other thought is that the bulk of Hurst’s signings would be jettisoned if we came back, so watch their levels of performance closely. Certainly none of them have been above a 5 out of 10 this season.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 23:08 - Mar 2 with 3850 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 21:16 - Mar 2 by patrickswell

You do raise an interesting point here. While I would like to believe that a summer of Lambert will see us come back up next year, his first priority has to be to get the side winning games of football again. Does this squad truly believe it can win matches? It’s shown a lot of faults this year and worst of them has been a lack of belief and desire. I’d almost settle for a mid-table season in League One next year if it meant we got out of the losing habit we’ve fallen into this year.

The other thought is that the bulk of Hurst’s signings would be jettisoned if we came back, so watch their levels of performance closely. Certainly none of them have been above a 5 out of 10 this season.

Shows the team was rotten even with McCarthy- the defence needs rebuilding so our young boys can play and get someone who can score.

We have lost the way to win at this level - we are going down so let’s just play football with a smile.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 00:15 - Mar 3 with 3713 viewsHerbivore

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 18:36 - Mar 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Equally though, we’re worse than Burton were last season and they’re 11th

Even in League 1, Burton are one or two divisions above their natural level. Not really comparable.

3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 00:15 - Mar 3 with 3711 viewsTheBoyBlue

It's absolutely impossible to tell as I suspect that the squad will change immensely. Perhaps we'll be like Sunderland, who let's face it were synomous with footballing disaster and yet are doing really well. Or maybe we will end up like Coventry or Portsmouth or Blackpool.

I imagine it won't be as bad as some say it will be, but not as easy as others say. Only time will tell.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 00:18 - Mar 3 with 3710 viewsHerbivore

3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 00:15 - Mar 3 by TheBoyBlue

It's absolutely impossible to tell as I suspect that the squad will change immensely. Perhaps we'll be like Sunderland, who let's face it were synomous with footballing disaster and yet are doing really well. Or maybe we will end up like Coventry or Portsmouth or Blackpool.

I imagine it won't be as bad as some say it will be, but not as easy as others say. Only time will tell.

Coventry, Blackpool and Pompey were all disasters off the pitch. No matter what some say, we're not.

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 02:55 - Mar 3 with 3605 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 00:15 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Even in League 1, Burton are one or two divisions above their natural level. Not really comparable.

Charlton went down in 2015/16 with 40 points, and finished 13th the next season. They’re still there

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 07:28 - Mar 3 with 3518 viewsHerbivore

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 02:55 - Mar 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Charlton went down in 2015/16 with 40 points, and finished 13th the next season. They’re still there

But again they were in disarray off the pitch as a club.

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 07:50 - Mar 3 with 3470 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 07:28 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

But again they were in disarray off the pitch as a club.

Clearly if you exclude all the examples of teams not bouncing straight back then everyone that goes down from the Championship comes straight back up

Same as the way we’ve actually had better results under Lambert than Hurst when you exclude Hurst’s win

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 08:22 - Mar 3 with 3412 viewsmuccletonjoe

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 02:55 - Mar 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A good example. I think people who expect us to be anywhere near auto promotion will have a very big wake up call come August. They are probably the same people who thought we would be in the play offs this season.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league wins in 46 on 08:28 - Mar 3 with 3382 viewsjas0999

When all the loans go; players go whose contracts expire and the inevitable sale of other players, we won’t have much of a team left. Then we will have to rely on Evans to provide a realistic League Obe budget to rebuild.
3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 09:04 - Mar 3 with 3312 viewsHerbivore

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 07:50 - Mar 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Clearly if you exclude all the examples of teams not bouncing straight back then everyone that goes down from the Championship comes straight back up

Same as the way we’ve actually had better results under Lambert than Hurst when you exclude Hurst’s win

Sorry, I forgot that context isn't allowed. You're right, midtable at best.

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 09:30 - Mar 3 with 3280 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

3 league wins in 35, 5 league in 46 on 09:04 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Sorry, I forgot that context isn't allowed. You're right, midtable at best.

Yep, that’s exactly what I said
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 9:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024