Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colin Quaner 19:13 - Mar 2 with 6782 viewsReuser_is_God

Thoughts?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Colin Quaner on 19:38 - Mar 2 with 4760 viewscressi

Couple of decent runs,but truly awful can't jump trap a ball or keep onside sooner next season comes and his gone the better.
Colin Quaner on 19:41 - Mar 2 with 4730 viewsDubtractor

Pretty rubbish tbh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Colin Quaner on 19:42 - Mar 2 with 4712 viewschristiand

Poor, not sure he could trap a bag of cement?! He just doesn't look convincing to me and is certainly not a physical presence regardless of his size. Not sure he won one headed challenge all game. The free headed chance he put wide during injury time was poor too, but summed up his performance perfectly!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Colin Quaner on 19:43 - Mar 2 with 4710 viewsITFC_Forever

Exactly the sort of signing only a club so far adrift in the January window can make.

Touch of an elephant, big man but can’t win a header and always out of position.

God only knows what Jackson has done / not done in training to pee Lambert off and not get a game ahead of Colin.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Colin Quaner on 19:44 - Mar 2 with 4689 viewstextbackup

poor man frank Noooooob

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Colin Quaner on 19:47 - Mar 2 with 4662 viewshadleighboyblue

Colin Quaner on 19:38 - Mar 2 by cressi

Couple of decent runs,but truly awful can't jump trap a ball or keep onside sooner next season comes and his gone the better.

How the heck did he get a contract at Huddersfield , to think we used to moan about Kieffer Moore !

Quaner never seems to have the ball under control and offers no goal threat , never has a thought to shoot .

I would rather we played our own strikers from now on
Colin Quaner on 19:53 - Mar 2 with 4619 viewsGeoffSentence

Colin Quaner on 19:47 - Mar 2 by hadleighboyblue

How the heck did he get a contract at Huddersfield , to think we used to moan about Kieffer Moore !

Quaner never seems to have the ball under control and offers no goal threat , never has a thought to shoot .

I would rather we played our own strikers from now on

Jackson is our only other fit striker isnt he.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Colin Quaner on 19:56 - Mar 2 with 4604 viewsFtnfwest

Provided a few moments of threat which were largely missing. Irrelevant though as he’ll be gone soon. Out of our league financially
Login to get fewer ads

Colin Quaner on 19:57 - Mar 2 with 4597 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Dogshît

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Colin Quaner on 19:59 - Mar 2 with 4574 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Colin Quaner on 19:57 - Mar 2 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Dogshît

Might be a tad unfair but whatever his qualities are, they aren’t what we need.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Colin Quaner on 20:05 - Mar 2 with 4540 viewsblueconscience

Colin Quaner on 19:41 - Mar 2 by Dubtractor

Pretty rubbish tbh.

That’s why Evans could afford him

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Colin Quaner on 20:12 - Mar 2 with 4501 viewsPecker

I have said all along that Huddersfield's 7th choice striker was never going to be good enough. I just hope that PL learns from the Quaner mistake.
Colin Quaner on 20:15 - Mar 2 with 4482 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

not the worst but says a lot about Jackson. Both would struggle to hit a cows ass with a banjo

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Colin Quaner on 20:39 - Mar 2 with 4397 viewsbadadski

Colin Quaner on 20:15 - Mar 2 by Jonnosdreadlocks

not the worst but says a lot about Jackson. Both would struggle to hit a cows ass with a banjo

Timing of runs needs to be better and awareness of judge would have played him in on goal in first half but good game overall
Colin Quaner on 20:41 - Mar 2 with 4388 viewsDarth_Koont

I thought he was good today. Worked hard, linked up well and created carnage the one time he did get the ball to feet in the box.

He's not that good at finding space or playing the offside line which certainly limits him. But ultimately, whether it was his fault or his teammates, he got little to no service all afternoon.

Pronouns: He/Him

Colin Quaner on 20:45 - Mar 2 with 4359 viewsDarth_Koont

And looking through the thread, I'm a bit surprised. I don't remember any terrible losses of control. Always looks tidy enough for a player of his size and style but doesn't threaten enough or is given the opportunity to threaten enough.

Pronouns: He/Him

Colin Quaner on 20:54 - Mar 2 with 4314 viewsCuffy81

He's a good ball carrier and can cause trouble running at defenders just doesn't look like a striker to me, not effective in the air for a big man and doesn't seem to be the best positionally
Colin Quaner on 20:56 - Mar 2 with 4305 viewsthechancer

Thought he was at the heart of our attack chased dribbled and tried really hard I for one think he was one of our better players.
Colin Quaner on 21:00 - Mar 2 with 4263 viewscressi

Colin Quaner on 20:54 - Mar 2 by Cuffy81

He's a good ball carrier and can cause trouble running at defenders just doesn't look like a striker to me, not effective in the air for a big man and doesn't seem to be the best positionally

Let's be honest bit of pace but will never be a 15 to 20 goal striker Def not required next season good today u must be easily pleased wouldn't have scored being there till work Monday
Colin Quaner on 21:03 - Mar 2 with 4235 viewsKieran_Knows

Dreadful.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Colin Quaner on 22:29 - Mar 2 with 4040 views3_5_2

to answer this firstly we should agree what type of striker is he?

Battering ram type no
Good in the air no
Hold up / linking player no
"Number 10" no
Wide player / dribbler possibly

I thought he was totally inept, he seems to be able to beat a player by using his poor touch and control to his advantage. The defender does not know where he going as even he dosnt

today was one of the most inept performances I have seen from one of our strikers in a long time

I know Jackson is limited at this level but at least he would hustle and chase lost causes that Quaner gave up on, time after time

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Colin Quaner on 22:38 - Mar 2 with 4000 viewsParamedic

I think we're expecting too much. He played really well in my opinion. Won headers held the ball up didn't lose out that often. However, never really looked like bagging a goal. Shoot me down, but I would say he is as good as Murphy.

AllalallalSunderland

Colin Quaner on 22:44 - Mar 2 with 3975 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Caught offside ridiculously lots first half.

I thought there were ties he controlled the ball well. However, once he got it he never seemed able to make a good decision what to do with it.

Second half he had the ball and ran at their defence well. He then should have taken it on and shot or passed it. Instead he attempted the latter so poorly that whoever it was (Nolan?) had to run to the corner flag to collect the ball.

Then near the end he gets a free header on the edge of the six yard box and puts it wide.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Colin Quaner on 22:48 - Mar 2 with 3958 viewsDubtractor

Colin Quaner on 22:38 - Mar 2 by Paramedic

I think we're expecting too much. He played really well in my opinion. Won headers held the ball up didn't lose out that often. However, never really looked like bagging a goal. Shoot me down, but I would say he is as good as Murphy.

Hahahahahahahaha.

haha.

Bang.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Colin Quaner on 22:51 - Mar 2 with 3937 viewsElderGrizzly

Something there, but not a striker to lead the line
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024