Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 19:14 - Mar 2 with 1363 viewsDublinBlue84

Maybe an unpopular post as this kid is one of our own, but he's simply not good enough as a defender and is a liability, he's got pace and offers something going forward but defensively he is very naive and is being target by the opposition of a regular basis.

Want the lad to do well but over the past couple of seasons his defending has not improved and he'll never be a left back or a left wing back whilst that's the case

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Kenlock on 19:18 - Mar 2 with 1337 viewsLimitlessBlue

agree totally, very poor again and again today, but like you say is simply not good enough. Still a footballer but I would think League two at best.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Kenlock on 19:19 - Mar 2 with 1324 viewsDubtractor

He isn't even half the player that Knudsen is, and to be frank not nearly good enough for Championship football, one of our own or not.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Kenlock on 19:28 - Mar 2 with 1252 viewsMullet

Kenlock on 19:19 - Mar 2 by Dubtractor

He isn't even half the player that Knudsen is, and to be frank not nearly good enough for Championship football, one of our own or not.

Funny how less than a month ago certain types were telling me the opposite. Especially how Mick had purposefully kept him out of the side etc.

I still think he might be ok in Div 3 if we are a strong side and momentum is with us.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kenlock on 19:28 - Mar 2 with 1254 viewsPecker

Will benefit from playing these games in the Championship and will be all the wiser for it next season. Not saying he will be our first choice, but getting on his back certainly won't help him.
Lambert should have.... on 19:31 - Mar 2 with 1227 viewsBloots

....given Bowzer a game ahead of Kenlock.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Kenlock on 20:16 - Mar 2 with 1036 viewsradiogaga

100% this.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Kenlock on 20:25 - Mar 2 with 993 viewssparks

Created our goal...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Kenlock on 20:31 - Mar 2 with 960 viewsDublinBlue84

Kenlock on 20:25 - Mar 2 by sparks

Created our goal...

Maybe he did create our goal, nobody said that he isn't good going forward, the problem is that as a defender he simply isn't good enough and his primary job is to defend.

Saying a defender sets up a goal so he's good, despite being a bad defender is like saying that a striker cleared a header off the line which makes up for not scoring, or a goalkeeper can kick well so it doesn't matter that he cannot catch a ball.

I do wonder if Kenlock may be better suited to being a left midfielder long term, I'm just not convinced that the guy will ever be good enough defensively for this level, alas that might not be a problem next year.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 20:32]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 20:38 - Mar 2 with 914 viewsbadadski

Kenlock on 20:31 - Mar 2 by DublinBlue84

Maybe he did create our goal, nobody said that he isn't good going forward, the problem is that as a defender he simply isn't good enough and his primary job is to defend.

Saying a defender sets up a goal so he's good, despite being a bad defender is like saying that a striker cleared a header off the line which makes up for not scoring, or a goalkeeper can kick well so it doesn't matter that he cannot catch a ball.

I do wonder if Kenlock may be better suited to being a left midfielder long term, I'm just not convinced that the guy will ever be good enough defensively for this level, alas that might not be a problem next year.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 20:32]

He was shocking I agree. Beaten so many times I lost count, weak in battles for the ball and spent more time acting billy biggun and staring up at the heavens when was beaten too the ball than he did defending.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024