Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopefully that finally puts things to rest 19:35 - Mar 2 with 513 viewschristiand

First half we were outplayed by Reading who looked really good on the break. Their pace to get forward to support Oliveira was frightening at times. I watched us in comparison, Judge picks up the ball and there's only Quaner ahead of him with players behind the Irishman labouring, we are just so slow. Not sure why we needed 3 defenders to mark one striker either? Thought we were better second half and Martinez pulled off some fine saves to keep Reading ahead until our equaliser.

Pennington, Judge and Nolan had decent games and Edwards did well when he came on, but Quaner was poor apart from a few mazy runs he's just not a target man regardless of his size and the chance he missed with the free header in injury time reflects a striker short on goals and confidence. Keane would have buried that! What Nsialla was doing for their winner, I just don't know? For a man his size he was simply out-muscled and turned far too easily. Also, I can see why some question Kenlock's ability, thought he looked lost at times and very unconvincing in his play.

The support was terrific apart from a slight lull during the first half. However, the result was harsh especially based on our second half performance, but Reading showed up our flaws enough during the first half to highlight we just aren't good enough to compete at this level. Thankfully, that should now hammer the final nail into our coffin and confirm our league fate after what has been an atrocious season from start to finish.

11 games to go and counting!!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 19:40]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024