Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One 20:59 - Mar 2 with 1304 viewsMenton

What’s it actually like (on the pitch)?

I can’t remember ever watching a L1 game, aside from the odd play-off final. I would guess it’s a high-tempo, no-nonsense clogathon. But I’ve got nothing to base that on other than my own prejudice.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

League One on 02:04 - Mar 3 with 1143 viewsbournemouthblue

We won't have to wait too long to find out

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

League One on 02:08 - Mar 3 with 1142 viewsjeera

'Clogathon'.

V.good.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

League One on 02:45 - Mar 3 with 1115 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

I call it the third league. Can be confusing to non-Brits . All I know is, it's territory the club has hitherto not been involved with for some considerable time, by that in terms of playing a whole season, not random cup encounters.

Said before the club's pedigree against lower league opposition in both pre-season and cup games are elementary, so how the hell's it going to play out against the same level of opposition over nine or so months.

Skeptical right now on making it back at first attempt. Owner HAS to vacate, a number of squad players NEED to go and proper replacements brought in. THEN we may stand a chance.
League One on 09:43 - Mar 3 with 959 viewsblueislander

League One on 02:45 - Mar 3 by Minneapolis_ITFC

I call it the third league. Can be confusing to non-Brits . All I know is, it's territory the club has hitherto not been involved with for some considerable time, by that in terms of playing a whole season, not random cup encounters.

Said before the club's pedigree against lower league opposition in both pre-season and cup games are elementary, so how the hell's it going to play out against the same level of opposition over nine or so months.

Skeptical right now on making it back at first attempt. Owner HAS to vacate, a number of squad players NEED to go and proper replacements brought in. THEN we may stand a chance.

A few of us are old enough to have watched Town in the 3rd tier, but football has changed so much it is impossible to make a comparison. A 3rd Division footballer in those days earned about the same as a shop assistant, lived in rented accommodation, and very few owned cars. Attendances at Portman Road were about what they are today. 20k plus for Norwich and Colchester games with around 80 % standing.
League One on 09:57 - Mar 3 with 917 viewsBLUEBEAT

It won’t be easy.

Other teams will go all out to beat an established ‘big’ club.

Sunderland have found it to be a harder slog than expected but have managed to avoid losing above all else. They’ve drawn around half their matches and it looks like they have 3 serious contenders for the 2 automatic promotion places.

Poll: W or W

League One on 10:19 - Mar 3 with 857 viewsstrikalite

Well I'd say the bottom four or five in the Championship are of the quality of League One and certainly with momentum Luton would be top ten of the Championship right now..

One thing is for sure with us though, right now a lack of goals throughout our squad is worrying to say the least, right through our midfield we have players who can move the ball ok but apart from Judge and possibly Edwards none of them have a shot in them, a massive part of the game...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024