Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Butcher said... 00:35 - Mar 3 with 6284 viewsunstableblue

That Lambert has made him excited to come to Portman Road for a very long time.

And that he believes in him as a person and a manger who can pull the club together.

The question is that whether his inability to get wins is down to our squad quality and our years of eroding of playing system, or his ability?

We have to start getting a winning mentality.

I hope he’s the guy to bring that!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Terry Butcher said... on 01:03 - Mar 3 with 5922 viewstextbackup

its going to be a different story once theres a summer transfer window and a pre season under his belt.

people judging him on a transfer window in jan when we were all but down anyway is just fcking stupid.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Terry Butcher said... on 01:07 - Mar 3 with 5900 viewshoppy

Terry Butcher said... on 01:03 - Mar 3 by textbackup

its going to be a different story once theres a summer transfer window and a pre season under his belt.

people judging him on a transfer window in jan when we were all but down anyway is just fcking stupid.

Exactly. He's been dealt a hand that was already showing with no aces, left to try and polish a turd, and by the time he had a chance to do something in s transfer window, our position was already perilous enough for any decent players to decide they'd rather not come... The damage had already been done before the season began.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Terry Butcher said... on 01:27 - Mar 3 with 5868 viewsBlueBadger

Let's be fair, Butcher's spent a LOT of time in Scotland. The football's terrible and he food's worse(awaits a Glassers riposte) and he's been out of work for quite a while. He'd probably have said the same about Paul Hurst or Roy Keane if they'd put him up, too.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Terry Butcher said... on 01:28 - Mar 3 with 5859 viewsBlueBadger

Trouble is, summer and and its transfer window will be financed by Marcus Evans.

Much like the last transfer window was.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Terry Butcher said... on 01:31 - Mar 3 with 5851 viewstextbackup

Terry Butcher said... on 01:28 - Mar 3 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, summer and and its transfer window will be financed by Marcus Evans.

Much like the last transfer window was.

the last window saw us bottom of the league, it was also jan. add those two things and getting in too much quality would prove hard.

going into the summer as Ipswich in league 1, there will be a draw to join us, and lets see what ME can offer

Terry Butcher said... on 06:06 - Mar 3 with 5691 viewsJETPower

Terry Butcher said... on 01:07 - Mar 3 by hoppy

Exactly. He's been dealt a hand that was already showing with no aces, left to try and polish a turd, and by the time he had a chance to do something in s transfer window, our position was already perilous enough for any decent players to decide they'd rather not come... The damage had already been done before the season began.

It was a hand of 2s and 7s, the irony being it contained no decent right backs and no fit creative midfielders
Terry Butcher said... on 06:26 - Mar 3 with 5637 viewsBenters2

I of course make you right.
Terry Butcher said... on 07:33 - Mar 3 with 5489 viewsReuser_is_God

Terry Butcher said... on 01:27 - Mar 3 by BlueBadger

Let's be fair, Butcher's spent a LOT of time in Scotland. The football's terrible and he food's worse(awaits a Glassers riposte) and he's been out of work for quite a while. He'd probably have said the same about Paul Hurst or Roy Keane if they'd put him up, too.

Terry Butcher knows more about football than some tit on a forum who posts about Lee Bowyer & Tommy Robinson.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Butcher said... on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 5140 viewsWickets

Terry Butcher said... on 07:33 - Mar 3 by Reuser_is_God

Terry Butcher knows more about football than some tit on a forum who posts about Lee Bowyer & Tommy Robinson.

I though Terry spoke very well on Radio Suffolk before the match. He did say "i'm not just blowing smoke up Paul Lamberts ar-e" , and i just thought he was just being honest the bloke is Ipswich through and through .
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 11:38]
Terry Butcher said... on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 5114 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not necessarily true though - you could frame the same argument about Paul Ince, for example

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Terry Butcher said... on 11:25 - Mar 3 with 5008 viewsbraveblue

How many games have you seen in Scotland? How good has the football been here for a couple of years.
Terry Butcher said... on 12:21 - Mar 3 with 4888 viewsBenters2

Haha!

Bravo chap.
Terry Butcher said... on 12:50 - Mar 3 with 4832 viewsstonojnr

if you look at the stats of yesterdays game, Town had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners.

the one stat, other than fouls committed, Reading beat us on is goals scored.

so what do you think is the issue preventing us from winning games ? if it helps frame it even better, weve scored 27 goals from 35 games, less than 1 goal per game
Terry Butcher said... on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 4816 viewsurbanblue

Terry Butcher said... on 12:50 - Mar 3 by stonojnr

if you look at the stats of yesterdays game, Town had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners.

the one stat, other than fouls committed, Reading beat us on is goals scored.

so what do you think is the issue preventing us from winning games ? if it helps frame it even better, weve scored 27 goals from 35 games, less than 1 goal per game

Errr ... not scoring enough goals?
Terry Butcher said... on 22:06 - Mar 3 with 4428 viewsPositivelyPortman

I agree with your first paragraph, but there’s no way we were “all but down in January “.
Problem was he didn’t have a good Jan window and we’ve had no new manager bounce whatsoever.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Terry Butcher said... on 22:10 - Mar 3 with 4411 viewstextbackup

Terry Butcher said... on 22:06 - Mar 3 by PositivelyPortman

I agree with your first paragraph, but there’s no way we were “all but down in January “.
Problem was he didn’t have a good Jan window and we’ve had no new manager bounce whatsoever.

yeah, sorry didn't reallllly word that well. should have been "things were looking bleak!"

Terry Butcher said... on 22:18 - Mar 3 with 4384 viewsKieran_Knows

Fat thumbs hitting downvote when scrolling through!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Terry Butcher said... on 22:18 - Mar 3 with 4381 viewsSomethingBlue

Nah, you can't keep trying to put this down to Mick, mate.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Terry Butcher said... on 22:21 - Mar 3 with 4356 viewstextbackup

Terry Butcher said... on 22:18 - Mar 3 by Kieran_Knows

Fat thumbs hitting downvote when scrolling through!

bullsht, you just reckon I chat sht

which I do
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 22:22]

Terry Butcher said... on 22:26 - Mar 3 with 4336 viewsKieran_Knows

Terry Butcher said... on 22:21 - Mar 3 by textbackup

bullsht, you just reckon I chat sht

which I do
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 22:22]

Ha! You said it, not me....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Terry Butcher said... on 22:48 - Mar 3 with 4268 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What a stupid thing to say...Tit

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Terry Butcher said... on 08:30 - Mar 4 with 3997 viewslmfcblue

I like Lambert but not sure tactically he's good enough. With Collins coming off injured it was the opportunity to change to a back 4 as the 3 clearly wasn't working. A wasted sub in a must win game. Left us vulnerable with all 3 subs done at ht. 1.0 down bring on Jackson/Edwards was basics and a no brainier.
Terry Butcher said... on 09:43 - Mar 4 with 3889 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lots of uppies and rightly so. Although I suspect the turds he's trying to polish this year will be our best players next year. There are so any unknowns about next season, it's pointless trying to predict what will happen. The only thing that we can be fairly certain of over is that ME's approach won't change and with the significant drop in income Lambert will have a tough time bringing anyone he would like to the club.

In short, whilst we should wait and see what he can do with a summer transfer window I think people need to be realistic about the quality that he will be able to bring in.

I think he needs to do a better job of working with the players he has rather than looking to buy his way out of trouble.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Terry Butcher said... on 13:17 - Mar 4 with 3711 viewsbritbiker

Terry Butcher said... on 09:43 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

Lots of uppies and rightly so. Although I suspect the turds he's trying to polish this year will be our best players next year. There are so any unknowns about next season, it's pointless trying to predict what will happen. The only thing that we can be fairly certain of over is that ME's approach won't change and with the significant drop in income Lambert will have a tough time bringing anyone he would like to the club.

In short, whilst we should wait and see what he can do with a summer transfer window I think people need to be realistic about the quality that he will be able to bring in.

I think he needs to do a better job of working with the players he has rather than looking to buy his way out of trouble.

One thing that will change is our loan policy. I would be surprised if Lambert has more than three. That said our youth will need to step up quickly.
Terry Butcher said... on 21:09 - Mar 4 with 3477 views3_5_2

Badger

have you ever spent any time talking with Terry Butcher? I have and on a number of occasions at length. Usually your posts on here are decent but you are way out on this occasion

Maybe you got this one wrong eh?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024