Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's very sad and hugely disappointing 08:56 - Mar 3 with 788 viewsGuthrum

if, as now seems almost certain, we are to be relegated below the second tier for the first time in 62 seasons.

However, it's a bit silly the people posting that they don't want "Third Division Champions" on our roll of honour, given it's already there - twice (1954 and 1957).

Indeed, a third occasion would again put us ahead of Norwich (who equalised in 2010), in one third the number of seasons (11 v 31). We're also 3 - 3 on second tier wins (from pretty much the same number of seasons) and, of course, 1 - 0 up at the highest level.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's very sad and hugely disappointing on 09:13 - Mar 3 with 706 viewsMoriarty

I think the saddest thing is what we have become as a club.

We have supporters who are looking forward to league one and still celebrating the end of Mick.

Burley got us there in style but despite his excellent work with youth, apparently doesn’t understand the modern game. That so few on here would have endorsed him and that he didn’t even get an interview underlines how disconnected we have become to our past and to success.Joe Royle got us there but was, accorditng to some a dinosaur. Ditto Mick. Meanwhile, the PR guru who failed to stop the rot and whose record is as shambolic as Hurst’s, is our messiah.

Sad and disappointing are well chosen words. Embarrassing and shameful are others.

fka omuircheartaigh

It's very sad and hugely disappointing on 09:20 - Mar 3 with 680 viewsPJH

I am today just starting to get my head around the fact that it is now all over because up until yesterday I still believed that we could(not necessarily would) get out of it.

I think I must have seen third division football at PR before although I was only 6 when we got promoted from there the second time,my one definite ITFC memory before then must be from 1954/55 when we had our first excursion to the second division although that memory could be from either a first team or reserve game.
It's very sad and hugely disappointing on 09:36 - Mar 3 with 629 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

I think I accepted this a few weeks back but left a little part of me daring to hope, yesterday’s result has extinguished that and for me the season can’t end quickly enough now.

I like that Lambert is staying on and I would like to think he will retain enough talent to get us straight back up. There are enough new contracts being handed out to some really good players and other talks to be had so I don’t buy the doom merchants view of us descending into the abyss.

The Club hasn’t died because of relegation, i hate when hear fans say that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024