Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the year 13:07 - Mar 3 with 11589 viewswaveneyblue

Who the hell is it going to this year?

I genuinely can't think of anyone who has stood out.

Just not bother with it ?
Player of the year on 13:08 - Mar 3 with 6220 viewsurbanblue

Alan Judge ... shoo in!
Player of the year on 13:08 - Mar 3 with 6224 viewspointofblue

In reality I think that and the end of season dinner should be cancelled. There is nothing to celebrate.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Player of the year on 13:15 - Mar 3 with 6187 viewschicoazul

Pennington?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Player of the year on 13:21 - Mar 3 with 6164 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pennington-Probably been our most consistent player
Chalobah- been nice to see him progress and even when we the games were dead, he was the only one trying to get us going

Chalobah for me

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Player of the year on 13:28 - Mar 3 with 6129 viewsLankHenners

Player of the year on 13:21 - Mar 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Pennington-Probably been our most consistent player
Chalobah- been nice to see him progress and even when we the games were dead, he was the only one trying to get us going

Chalobah for me

He's been very consistent at being responsible for opposition goals, more so than anyone else. He'll probably win it because people will remember a last ditch tackle he made (often after he'd given the ball away or been caught out of position) instead.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Player of the year on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 6127 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would say Walters or Collins.

If either of those had been fit for a consistent part of our season we would be at least in contention to stay up.

It says something that two players who hardly featured have done more than anyone else to earn it in my view.

If it must go to someone who has featured more regularly, Bishop possibly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Player of the year on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 6108 viewschicoazul

Player of the year on 13:08 - Mar 3 by urbanblue

Alan Judge ... shoo in!

Not a bad shout as it goes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Player of the year on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 6112 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Should be cancelled, no way does a single player come out of this season with any credit whatsoever, some have been less poo than others but that’s about it. Maybe it will finally hit home to the likes of chambers and skuse in the summer when people behind the scenes are laid off in the cost cutting that will have to happen. Maybe then and only then will they realise the magnitude of their shortcomings this season as our “leaders”.
Login to get fewer ads

Player of the year on 13:30 - Mar 3 with 6100 viewsParisBlue

Tom Adeyemi or Emyr Huws. Both very consistent and I've not seen either have a bad game this season.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Player of the year on 13:31 - Mar 3 with 6094 viewsfooters

Player of the year on 13:29 - Mar 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Should be cancelled, no way does a single player come out of this season with any credit whatsoever, some have been less poo than others but that’s about it. Maybe it will finally hit home to the likes of chambers and skuse in the summer when people behind the scenes are laid off in the cost cutting that will have to happen. Maybe then and only then will they realise the magnitude of their shortcomings this season as our “leaders”.

Sure the players are relishing the thought of being on a quarter of their current salaries.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Player of the year on 13:33 - Mar 3 with 6075 viewsWonky

Probably Pennington.
Player of the year on 13:33 - Mar 3 with 6074 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Player of the year on 13:30 - Mar 3 by ParisBlue

Tom Adeyemi or Emyr Huws. Both very consistent and I've not seen either have a bad game this season.

Certainly they have been very influential this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Player of the year on 13:33 - Mar 3 with 6074 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Player of the year on 13:28 - Mar 3 by LankHenners

He's been very consistent at being responsible for opposition goals, more so than anyone else. He'll probably win it because people will remember a last ditch tackle he made (often after he'd given the ball away or been caught out of position) instead.

He has made mistakes... but who hasn't.

We would be worse off without Pennington 100%

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Player of the year on 13:34 - Mar 3 with 6071 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Player of the year on 13:31 - Mar 3 by footers

Sure the players are relishing the thought of being on a quarter of their current salaries.

Only a fraction have these clauses in their contract and it’s not a quarter of it will be a 15-25% drop not 75% that’s for sure.
Player of the year on 13:36 - Mar 3 with 6059 viewsfooters

Player of the year on 13:34 - Mar 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Only a fraction have these clauses in their contract and it’s not a quarter of it will be a 15-25% drop not 75% that’s for sure.

Had seen that number bandied about but always happy to be corrected. Not sure anyone would or could know exact figures, but for sure they will take a hit so for people to suggest they don't care is a bit silly imo.

Player of the year on 13:49 - Mar 3 with 6000 viewspablovian

Matthew Pennington. He cannot always compensate for the limitations and mistakes of other defenders, but he often does. Ask Frank Lampard what he thinks ...
Player of the year on 13:51 - Mar 3 with 5990 viewsAce_High1

Got to be the main man Bart yet again!
Player of the year on 14:08 - Mar 3 with 5923 viewsLankHenners

Player of the year on 13:33 - Mar 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

He has made mistakes... but who hasn't.

We would be worse off without Pennington 100%

He's made more than anyone else. Thing is his name isn't 'Spence' 'Chambers' or 'Knudsen' so gets a free pass. He's been toilet, and been part of an awful defence all season long.

Should probably go to Judge due to being a brief bright light in an otherwise horrid season.

Player of the year on 14:30 - Mar 3 with 5866 viewsitfcjoe

Player of the year on 13:34 - Mar 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

They all have them, also they are bigger than 15-26%

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Player of the year on 14:36 - Mar 3 with 5837 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Player of the year on 14:08 - Mar 3 by LankHenners

He's made more than anyone else. Thing is his name isn't 'Spence' 'Chambers' or 'Knudsen' so gets a free pass. He's been toilet, and been part of an awful defence all season long.

Should probably go to Judge due to being a brief bright light in an otherwise horrid season.

entitled to your own opinion.

But I think most level headed fans and our journalists (who often say this) would agree that Pennington has been pretty good this season

Player of the year on 14:41 - Mar 3 with 5815 viewsfooters

Player of the year on 14:08 - Mar 3 by LankHenners

Wouldn't it be so fcking sad to give a player who's been with us half a season POTY. Jesus. What have we done.

Player of the year on 14:41 - Mar 3 with 5810 viewsLankHenners

Player of the year on 14:36 - Mar 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

entitled to your own opinion.

But I think most level headed fans and our journalists (who often say this) would agree that Pennington has been pretty good this season

They would but they'd be wrong.

Player of the year on 14:52 - Mar 3 with 5761 viewsHerbivore

Player of the year on 13:28 - Mar 3 by LankHenners

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Player of the year on 14:57 - Mar 3 with 5745 viewspositivity

has lankester played enough games?
downes?
dawkins has the best points per game ratio!!!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Player of the year on 14:58 - Mar 3 with 5740 viewsjudespiveyg

I'd go for Flynn Downes, not done much wrong and has really improved this season.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024