Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Alianza Lima: 01:03 - Mar 4 with 677 viewsbluelagos

1. Getting there: Right kerfuffle getting in. No cash sales and needed web accesss, a printed ticket and ID to match. Given only 1 of us had ID, no one had a printer and none of us had web access, it wasnt looking good. But bloke on gate called his mate who found a bloke with web access, a mobile printer and £25 later we had freshly printed.tickets with our names on.

The 5 security checks seemed ott, but have no experience.of the locals. myself. Either way, we got in and bagged some top seats with shade in a 90% open stadium.

2. Atrmosphere:

Whilst it doesnt compare to Argie footie, it is still a long way better than English footie. Loads of singing, bouncing amd best, the waving of scarves in circles.

3. Footie:

Alianza play River Plate on Wed and on that performance id lump on RP. The opposition no 7 was good.

4. Getting out

Been to Maine Road (Moss side) and the Victoria ground (Stoke) so know a dodgy ground but today's walk was genuinely through a ghetto. Not the place to get lost and look foreign :-)
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 1:23]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Match Alianza Lima: on 01:28 - Mar 4 with 641 viewsbluelagos

Updated post :-)

Match Alianza Lima: on 07:57 - Mar 4 with 535 viewsDurovigutum

I did a Copa Libatadores game between Boca and Sporting Cristal a few years ago. Boca conceded a penalty and the noise the home fans made to put off the kick taker was hideous, I've never heard anything like it in a UK ground. Some of the fans were absolute animals too, but the atmosphere that went with it was brilliant.
Match Alianza Lima: on 05:16 - Mar 5 with 440 viewsbluelagos

Fingers crossed Ive got a ticket for the River Plate match wednesday night :-)

Apologies for the 'look at me' but 'look at me!'

Match Alianza Lima: on 07:14 - Mar 5 with 393 viewsKTBlue

sounds fantastic. That part of South America is top of my list to get to (as was Venezuela but will have to put that on hold for a while...).

Enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024