Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. 12:15 - Mar 4 with 6524 viewsCoco

Not everyone is struggling right now.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:16 - Mar 4 with 4496 viewsReuser_is_God

Most people driving them have probably racked up a massive debt to get one.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:28 - Mar 4 with 4460 viewsKievthegreat

They aren't selling any more, they just improved the reliability so only 40% are in a garage or broken down at any one time.
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:32 - Mar 4 with 4428 viewschicoazul

Cars phones etc are easier to finance than ever. Money is cheap.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:34 - Mar 4 with 4417 viewsuefacup81

As the others have already said - cheap finance.

When the current bubble eventually bursts, you'll have never seen so many Range Rovers being flogged on the cheap.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:35 - Mar 4 with 4412 viewsfooters

Which part of Chelsea do you live in?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:41 - Mar 4 with 4382 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some of these are no doubt company cars but there are a great many people driving around in Cars they can't really afford. PCP deals are a great way of persuading people that they can though.
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:45 - Mar 4 with 4353 viewsPendejo

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:16 - Mar 4 by Reuser_is_God

Living in London, as I do, it never ceases to amaze me how many expensive new cars are on the roads despite the average property requiring a wage of over £100k {@ 3.5 x salary lending rules}... as you say massive debts racked up.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:22 - Mar 4 with 4272 viewsfactual_blue

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:41 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

Some of these are no doubt company cars but there are a great many people driving around in Cars they can't really afford. PCP deals are a great way of persuading people that they can though.

Forced into it, I gather by the School Gate Mafia.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:26 - Mar 4 with 4262 viewsEJP

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:34 - Mar 4 by uefacup81

When the current bubble eventually bursts, you'll have never seen so many Range Rovers being flogged on the cheap.

When I was looking to get a new car last year, I could have got a contract deal on an Evoque, £349 deposit, £349 per month.

I didn’t.
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:36 - Mar 4 with 4226 viewsElephantintheRoom

That's because a lot of them aren't range rovers. Time was when there was only one range rover. First chavs were targeted with a discovery rebadged as a range rover called a sport. Then idiots with more money than sense with absolutely no taste were targeted with a discovery that an elephant had sat on rebadged as an evoque. Nowadays you can get several different actual range rovers as well. The top 10% have more money, more houses and more range rovers than they used to have. Paying less tax helps too.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:39 - Mar 4 with 4198 viewseireblue

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:41 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

Cars are a depreciating asset.

If you going to buy a car, financially, doesn’t it make more sense to lease or use PCP.
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:40 - Mar 4 with 4194 viewsITFC_Forever

Those ones with the off-centre rear number plate should immediately be removed from the roads.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:55 - Mar 4 with 4149 viewsclive_baker

A lot of people seem to have the Evoque model, and they're utter guff to drive and purely launched at those people desperate for a RR but can't really afford a proper one.

I don't see the need for such a big car as a full on Range myself, unless you're a farmer and you've got a proper Discovery etc. Must be a pain to park in town centres.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:03 - Mar 4 with 4116 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:39 - Mar 4 by eireblue

If you going to buy a car, financially, doesn’t it make more sense to lease or use PCP.

Absolutely this

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:12 - Mar 4 with 4088 viewsSaleAway

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 13:39 - Mar 4 by eireblue

Clearly not for everyone....

if everyone PCPd a new car every 3 years, the bottom would drop out of the 2nd hand market, cars would depreciate much more over a short term, and PCP payments would shoot up...

There's clearly a market for both... I've always bought 2nd hand cars... don't want too much value tied up in something that someone else could easily damage.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:12 - Mar 4 with 4085 viewsAndrew4445

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:03 - Mar 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Absolutely this

Not necessarily, the PCP or lease payment is the depreciation plus a % profit. So, in some ways you are better off buying it over a slightly longer period and then owning it through the periods of little if any depreciation.

Also, buy 3 years old and you can't go wrong.
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:32 - Mar 4 with 4038 viewsHarry_Palmer

Leasing probably more so, with a PCP you are usually paying interest as well and how many people actually pay the 'balloon payment' to own the car at the end?

My point was more about people stretching their monthly budget to the max with a PCP to get an Audi/BMW etc. to keep up with the Jones's. I know plenty of people who do this.
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:34 - Mar 4 with 4028 viewshampstead_blue

they are cheap to buy second hand.

Not cheap to run though.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:39 - Mar 4 with 4004 viewsLesta_Tractor

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:16 - Mar 4 by Reuser_is_God

or have got them on a lease

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:44 - Mar 4 with 3989 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:12 - Mar 4 by Andrew4445

Not necessarily, the PCP or lease payment is the depreciation plus a % profit. So, in some ways you are better off buying it over a slightly longer period and then owning it through the periods of little if any depreciation.

Also, buy 3 years old and you can't go wrong.

Agreed. I've always found it a lot cheaper to buy nearly new to 2/3 yrs old and then hang on to it for a while. As you say, PCP is just a way of paying the depreciation for the dealership. Each to their own though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:54 - Mar 4 with 3969 viewsITFC_Forever

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:32 - Mar 4 by Harry_Palmer

Leasing probably more so, with a PCP you are usually paying interest as well and how many people actually pay the 'balloon payment' to own the car at the end?

My point was more about people stretching their monthly budget to the max with a PCP to get an Audi/BMW etc. to keep up with the Jones's. I know plenty of people who do this.

Ha, I've just finished a PCP on a VW Passat and have just got a new one on a BMW.

Car is 4 years old, and payments are affordable.

But having not owned my own car for over 20 years, (having had company cars until 4 years ago), not owning the car doesn't bother me - it's all I know.

And I'm quite happy to pay the PCP, reject the balloon payment and start again in 4 years time or less as the dealership will want to keep my business.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 15:15]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:59 - Mar 4 with 3950 viewsNo9

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 12:34 - Mar 4 by uefacup81

There are some massive RR discounts being offered by dealers.
Obviously RR/Jag have a lot sitting around they need to shift
I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 15:00 - Mar 4 with 3947 viewsTIB

I'd agree. Had the whole buying a car outright vs PCP/HP debate with a friend the other day. He's always gone secondhand but feels now it might make sense to spend less on a deposit on a new car and have security of warranty / servicing over spending a bigger amount upfront on something with little to no warranty.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 15:06 - Mar 4 with 3928 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 15:00 - Mar 4 by TIB

I'd agree. Had the whole buying a car outright vs PCP/HP debate with a friend the other day. He's always gone secondhand but feels now it might make sense to spend less on a deposit on a new car and have security of warranty / servicing over spending a bigger amount upfront on something with little to no warranty.

You always pay more with new cars on finance deals, it's simple maths. You're paying for the largest period of depreciation and a cut on top for the dealer/financier. It might be more affordable from monthly outgoings point of view, but it's not better value. Nothing wrong with it as long as it's affordable of course, and that may be the only way some people could afford a new car. That's' the whole point - in the US for example it's been commonplace for a lot longer than here. The manufacturers have to keep finding ways to shift their new vehicles.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 15:09 - Mar 4 with 3911 viewsKieran_Knows

I have honestly never seen more Range Rovers on the roads. on 14:54 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

Ha, I've just finished a PCP on a VW Passat and have just got a new one on a BMW.

Car is 4 years old, and payments are affordable.

But having not owned my own car for over 20 years, (having had company cars until 4 years ago), not owning the car doesn't bother me - it's all I know.

And I'm quite happy to pay the PCP, reject the balloon payment and start again in 4 years time or less as the dealership will want to keep my business.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 15:15]

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024