Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine the scenerio 14:50 - Mar 4 with 5601 viewsrgp1

We're already down and Leeds have to beat us to stop the scum getting automatic promotion, could be a strange atmosphere and we could have the last laugh.
Imagine the scenerio on 14:54 - Mar 4 with 3872 viewsnoggin

Alternatively, Leeds might need to beat us to win promotion. For the sake of peace, it might be best to let them win.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Imagine the scenerio on 14:55 - Mar 4 with 3871 viewsFreddies_Ears

A very loud chant of "we hate Norwich" would be entirely appropriate whenever either side scores.
Imagine the scenerio on 14:55 - Mar 4 with 3868 views26_Paz

I've seen posts along these lines before. In this situation I will firmly be advocating the scoring of own goals.

The Paz Man

Imagine the scenerio on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 3846 viewsrgp1

Imagine the scenerio on 14:55 - Mar 4 by 26_Paz

I've seen posts along these lines before. In this situation I will firmly be advocating the scoring of own goals.

I suspect the bookies will be looking closely at things.
Imagine the scenerio on 15:00 - Mar 4 with 3835 viewsSwansea_Blue

Imagine the scenerio on 14:58 - Mar 4 by rgp1

I suspect the bookies will be looking closely at things.

They won't have to look far to realise defensive feck ups are our speciality!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine the scenerio on 15:03 - Mar 4 with 3824 viewsChampionship

I'm finding this whole fetishisation of a relegated little Ipswich rolling over for the big club Leeds really weird.

People are getting extremely excited at the thought of us giving them a massive load of tickets and watching us get smashed. Do you really think we would have the last laugh as we fall into the third tier for the first time in 60 odd years while they probably have another day out at Wembley?
Imagine the scenerio on 15:38 - Mar 4 with 3749 viewsITFC_Forever

Imagine the scenerio on 15:03 - Mar 4 by Championship

I'm finding this whole fetishisation of a relegated little Ipswich rolling over for the big club Leeds really weird.

People are getting extremely excited at the thought of us giving them a massive load of tickets and watching us get smashed. Do you really think we would have the last laugh as we fall into the third tier for the first time in 60 odd years while they probably have another day out at Wembley?

But assuming we're down with a few games to spare (which is looking likely), then another couple of defeats to the Blunts and Leeds won't hurt us, whereas it could massively hurt Norwich.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Imagine the scenerio on 15:41 - Mar 4 with 3728 viewsbrogansnose

The thought of both Leeds and Norwich getting promoted along with the Blunts, my three most despised teams, is almost as depressing as us going down
Login to get fewer ads

Imagine the scenerio on 15:42 - Mar 4 with 3722 viewsrgp1

Imagine the scenerio on 15:38 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

But assuming we're down with a few games to spare (which is looking likely), then another couple of defeats to the Blunts and Leeds won't hurt us, whereas it could massively hurt Norwich.

Spot on that's the whole point, we are so sh1te that we expect to lose, so why not have a laugh at the scummers expense, cos I bet they would if it was the other way round.
Imagine the scenerio on 15:57 - Mar 4 with 3674 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Imagine the scenerio on 15:00 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

They won't have to look far to realise defensive feck ups are our speciality!

And failing to hit a barn door from 6 yards

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Imagine the scenerio on 16:03 - Mar 4 with 3645 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

It wouldn't really be "the last laugh", more a moderately comforting post-script to our dismal relegation. However, if us losing to Leeds inconveniences Norwich in any way I'm all for it....."after you Claude" etc etc. No-one can deny that a Chambers og in injury time to deny Norwich automatic promotion would be extremely funny

Anyway, we don't generally need to try when conceding comical goals so no-one will be able to tell whether its deliberate or not
Imagine the scenerio on 16:07 - Mar 4 with 3631 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I would happily see us lose if it meant that Norwich don't go up. (supposing we are down)

Sod it I will probably celebrate Leeds goals.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Imagine the scenerio on 16:11 - Mar 4 with 3614 viewsgiant_stow

Canary HQ has most likely written your last two games off as a source rivals dropping points, so fire away. What would be funny would be if you lot let in a few own goals genuinely by accident, but then prompted an investigation. maybe you'd go straight through league 1 even?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Imagine the scenerio on 16:12 - Mar 4 with 3605 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's humiliating enough that we are about to be relegated to the third division for the first time in the club's history, without us going full tinpot and wanting to lose in order to stop Norwich getting promoted.

I expect the manager and players of Ipswich Town FC to go out and attempt to win every single game.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 16:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Imagine the scenerio on 16:14 - Mar 4 with 3585 viewsDeano69

The way this season has gone, in your scenario, I can see us ending up beating Leeds. Scum go up winning the league, the stadium gets wrecked and Leeds become our sworn enemies for the next century.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Imagine the scenerio on 16:15 - Mar 4 with 3583 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwich have Blackburn (h) and Villa (a) as their last two games.

Mowbray and Mings could join in the fun.

Imagine the scenerio on 16:16 - Mar 4 with 3572 viewschicoazul

Imagine the scenerio on 16:12 - Mar 4 by GlasgowBlue

It's humiliating enough that we are about to be relegated to the third division for the first time in the club's history, without us going full tinpot and wanting to lose in order to stop Norwich getting promoted.

I expect the manager and players of Ipswich Town FC to go out and attempt to win every single game.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 16:12]

Said elsewhere, it will be perfect Banter Era that we beat Leeds at home and send Norwich up as champions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Imagine the scenerio on 16:17 - Mar 4 with 3556 viewsArnieM

Imagine the scenerio on 16:16 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

Said elsewhere, it will be perfect Banter Era that we beat Leeds at home and send Norwich up as champions.

Leeds
Sheffield Utd
Scum

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Imagine the scenerio on 16:18 - Mar 4 with 3556 viewsPJH

Imagine the scenerio on 15:38 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

As I said yesterday hopefully (assuming that we are down) our last two games will be against the two automatically promoted teams
Imagine the scenerio on 16:20 - Mar 4 with 3543 viewsITFC_Forever

Imagine the scenerio on 16:18 - Mar 4 by PJH

As I said yesterday hopefully (assuming that we are down) our last two games will be against the two automatically promoted teams

That would be ideal, but the automatic promotion race looks like going to the wire...

Imagine the scenerio on 16:24 - Mar 4 with 3517 viewschicoazul

Imagine the scenerio on 16:17 - Mar 4 by ArnieM

Leeds
Sheffield Utd
Scum

Like someone else was saying though, I hate Sheff U too. It's a real pickle.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Imagine the scenerio on 16:24 - Mar 4 with 3516 viewsPJH

Imagine the scenerio on 16:20 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

That would be ideal, but the automatic promotion race looks like going to the wire...

I thought WBA would get one of the top two, they still might, but they have gone off the boil a bit.
Imagine the scenerio on 16:32 - Mar 4 with 3482 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Imagine the scenerio on 14:55 - Mar 4 by 26_Paz

It's the perfect crime.

Even if Chambers picked the ball up 30 yards from his own goal, turned and fired it back at Bart, who let it slip through his hands, before Pennington desperately tried to stop it going over the line but instead hoofed it into the roof of the net - how the hell are the FA going to determine that was deliberate when it looks pretty much like how we've played all season.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Imagine the scenerio on 16:41 - Mar 4 with 3447 viewsSmithersJones

Imagine the scenerio on 14:54 - Mar 4 by noggin

Alternatively, Leeds might need to beat us to win promotion. For the sake of peace, it might be best to let them win.

I love the optimistic under current. The idea that we might "let them win" suggests we have some control over the outcome.
Imagine the scenerio on 16:47 - Mar 4 with 3410 viewsITFC_Forever

Imagine the scenerio on 16:24 - Mar 4 by PJH

I thought WBA would get one of the top two, they still might, but they have gone off the boil a bit.

Their successive defeats to the Blunts and Leeds have rendered them out of it and made it a three horse race I suspect.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024