Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Signings 14:52 - Mar 4 with 6102 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Which of Hurst's summer signings will be first to be permanently off-loaded in the summer?

I reckon Jackson, he with the first touch of a trampoline.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Summer Signings on 14:53 - Mar 4 with 4874 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien - sold for a rather big loss I imagine, as will Jackson.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Summer Signings on 14:57 - Mar 4 with 4835 viewsHerbivore

I think Jackson will stay. We'll let Donacien go back to Accrington for nothing I expect.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Summer Signings on 15:01 - Mar 4 with 4803 viewsDarth_Koont

Whoever we can make any money off probably. We've got a huge budget deficit to make up next year as well as the extra money we've spent trying to salvage this season.

It'll also probably mean us selling a couple of kids but if we can get cash for anyone else then it might end there.

I don't think Harrison will have done himself any harm and Edwards's goals might mean he keeps his value too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Summer Signings on 15:03 - Mar 4 with 4798 viewsTIB

Donacien I reckon. Jackson arguably on his form at Accrington was nearing the step up to L1 so I hope we hold onto him and Lambert can develop him. Nolan was pretty average at L1 level but his experience will be worth something, especially helping the youngsters who play centrally.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Summer Signings on 15:12 - Mar 4 with 4727 viewsHerbivore

Summer Signings on 15:03 - Mar 4 by TIB

Donacien I reckon. Jackson arguably on his form at Accrington was nearing the step up to L1 so I hope we hold onto him and Lambert can develop him. Nolan was pretty average at L1 level but his experience will be worth something, especially helping the youngsters who play centrally.

People seem keen to rewrite history when it comes to Nolan. He was in the League 1 team of the year before joining us. He was far from being pretty average at that level, he was a standout performer.

Summer Signings on 15:27 - Mar 4 with 4647 viewsJuggsy

Summer Signings on 15:12 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

People seem keen to rewrite history when it comes to Nolan. He was in the League 1 team of the year before joining us. He was far from being pretty average at that level, he was a standout performer.

Agreed, he was League 1 TOTY, then stepped up a league and found himself surrounded by under confident, under skilled players mostly thrown in from the lower leagues. Big ask for him to shine in this environment, hopefully we'll see him back to his best next year.
Summer Signings on 15:31 - Mar 4 with 4619 viewsHerbivore

Summer Signings on 15:27 - Mar 4 by Juggsy

Agreed, he was League 1 TOTY, then stepped up a league and found himself surrounded by under confident, under skilled players mostly thrown in from the lower leagues. Big ask for him to shine in this environment, hopefully we'll see him back to his best next year.

He's shown glimpses recently that make me think there's a player in there. I think he's not necessarily that confident naturally and when things have been tough he's gone missing or played it safe too much. He'll have learnt a lot this season and I expect he'll be an asset in League 1.

Summer Signings on 15:32 - Mar 4 with 4616 viewsITFC_Forever

Summer Signings on 15:03 - Mar 4 by TIB

Nolan was one of the best players in L1 last season.

Stop making stuff up.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Signings on 15:35 - Mar 4 with 4592 viewsrgp1

Summer Signings on 14:53 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

Donacien - sold for a rather big loss I imagine, as will Jackson.

Are the Accrington board still sipping their champagne thanks to our generosity.
Summer Signings on 15:41 - Mar 4 with 4577 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Roberts, although he was only ever a punt to begin with in reality.

Doncaien has signed a 3 year deal, as has Nolan and Nsiala so I doubt any of them will be gone soon although it's clear we'd like to get shot of Donacien.

Jackson also 3 years so will be too expensive to shift.

Harrison and Edwards both only signed 2 year deals, but I'd expect them to play a big part next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Summer Signings on 15:44 - Mar 4 with 4549 viewsrgp1

Summer Signings on 15:41 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

Jordan Roberts, although he was only ever a punt to begin with in reality.

Doncaien has signed a 3 year deal, as has Nolan and Nsiala so I doubt any of them will be gone soon although it's clear we'd like to get shot of Donacien.

Jackson also 3 years so will be too expensive to shift.

Harrison and Edwards both only signed 2 year deals, but I'd expect them to play a big part next season

Who the hell santioned these deals it's almost as if Hurst was on the scum payroll!
Summer Signings on 15:48 - Mar 4 with 4524 viewsRadlett_blue

Summer Signings on 15:35 - Mar 4 by rgp1

Are the Accrington board still sipping their champagne thanks to our generosity.

Basically, we've given Accrington £750k, which paid for their new stand. Unfortunately, they failed to show us much gratitude in January.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Summer Signings on 15:50 - Mar 4 with 4516 viewsnrb1985

Summer Signings on 15:44 - Mar 4 by rgp1

Who the hell santioned these deals it's almost as if Hurst was on the scum payroll!

same bloke who let magilton p1ss all that money up the wall signing 576 central midfielders and Kevin Lisbie.

And the same bloke who let McAuley et al run down their contracts and leave for nothing.
Summer Signings on 17:18 - Mar 4 with 4343 viewsSmithersJones

Summer Signings on 15:01 - Mar 4 by Darth_Koont

Whoever we can make any money off probably. We've got a huge budget deficit to make up next year as well as the extra money we've spent trying to salvage this season.

It'll also probably mean us selling a couple of kids but if we can get cash for anyone else then it might end there.

I don't think Harrison will have done himself any harm and Edwards's goals might mean he keeps his value too.

I don't think transfer fees will come into it to be honest. For most of them we'll be looking at a few hundred K at best, so getting them off the payroll early in the summer window rather than being lumbered with them until January probably saves more money in wages than we'd get back in fees.
Summer Signings on 17:22 - Mar 4 with 4324 viewsCoastalblue

Summer Signings on 17:18 - Mar 4 by SmithersJones

I don't think transfer fees will come into it to be honest. For most of them we'll be looking at a few hundred K at best, so getting them off the payroll early in the summer window rather than being lumbered with them until January probably saves more money in wages than we'd get back in fees.

I doubt any of Hurst's signing are on big money relatively speaking and with the relegation clause in their contracts that will only go down.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Summer Signings on 17:22 - Mar 4 with 4322 viewschicoazul

I expect all of them to stay apart from Roberts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Summer Signings on 17:27 - Mar 4 with 4303 viewsjas0999

Donacian. May get £100K.
Summer Signings on 17:38 - Mar 4 with 4281 viewsbontcho

Summer Signings on 17:27 - Mar 4 by jas0999

Donacian. May get £100K.

Most of which will be his pay off I suspect, as he’ll be on less at Stanley than here.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Summer Signings on 18:22 - Mar 4 with 4174 viewsMoisha

Summer Signings on 17:22 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

I expect all of them to stay apart from Roberts.

I agree, Donacien could be used as a centre back, and all the others were top players for their clubs in League 1, or in Jackson and Donacien’s case Winning promotion to league 1.
Add in the youngsters, and a couple of experienced players, and we will be top 6 minimum.
Summer Signings on 18:58 - Mar 4 with 4088 viewsgordon

Summer Signings on 15:12 - Mar 4 by Herbivore

He wasn't in the League 1 team of the year last year. You are rewriting history there.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 19:01]
Summer Signings on 19:25 - Mar 4 with 4026 viewsTIB

Summer Signings on 15:32 - Mar 4 by ITFC_Forever

Nolan was one of the best players in L1 last season.

Stop making stuff up.

Making stuff up aka having an opinion? A leading player from last season would be Marriott, Dack or Powell!?! Don't get me wrong, I think there is a decent player in Nolan but he wasn't rife for goals and assists at Shrewsbury which originally I think folk thought we were getting with him...filling the void of a goal scoring midfielder in our squad. Like I said though, I think his experience will be valuable if we go down and I think he could do well in time for us.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 19:27]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Summer Signings on 19:35 - Mar 4 with 3990 viewsHerbivore

Summer Signings on 19:25 - Mar 4 by TIB

Making stuff up aka having an opinion? A leading player from last season would be Marriott, Dack or Powell!?! Don't get me wrong, I think there is a decent player in Nolan but he wasn't rife for goals and assists at Shrewsbury which originally I think folk thought we were getting with him...filling the void of a goal scoring midfielder in our squad. Like I said though, I think his experience will be valuable if we go down and I think he could do well in time for us.

As a central midfielder he got 9 goals and 6 assists in the league. He was very much a standout player at that level in 2017/18. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, mate.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 19:40]

Summer Signings on 19:39 - Mar 4 with 3967 viewsHerbivore

Summer Signings on 18:58 - Mar 4 by gordon

He wasn't in the League 1 team of the year last year. You are rewriting history there.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 19:01]

I stand corrected, thought he was. Point stands that he was a standout player at that level.

Edit - According to the following link he was in the team of the year: https://www.efl.com/news/2018/april/efl-awards-2018-shortlists-revealed/
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 19:43]

Summer Signings on 21:11 - Mar 4 with 3812 viewsitfcjoe

Summer Signings on 19:25 - Mar 4 by TIB

He wasn't 'pretty average' at that level though so that is made up, was in the EFL team of the season alongside the 3 players you mentioned

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Summer Signings on 21:13 - Mar 4 with 3801 viewsHerbivore

Summer Signings on 21:11 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

He wasn't 'pretty average' at that level though so that is made up, was in the EFL team of the season alongside the 3 players you mentioned

A lot of us thought he'd be out of our price range. He looked quality. I think in a better, more settled team he'd have been up to this level. There's something there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024