Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong 10:23 - Mar 5 with 10747 viewsSwansea_Blue

School halts lessons challenging homophobia in the face of parental pressure

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/mar/04/birmingham-school-stops-lgbt-l

- LBGT rights
- Muslims
- faith v fact
- protests
- petitions
- A teacher at the centre of it who's been awarded an MBE for his work in equality education and is currently shortlisted for a 'World's Best Teacher' award, who's already been hounded out of one school because he challenges the religious stereotypes.

- A local Labour MP throwing the LGBT community under a bus

- Humainsists jumping up and down - https://humanism.org.uk/2019/03/04/schools-move-to-stop-lgbt-lessons-after-relig

Pick the bones out of that lot!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:24 - Mar 5 with 3921 viewsBlueBadger

Christ.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 3897 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:24 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

Christ.

I think his great uncle Allah is more at the centre of this one!

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 3879 viewschicoazul

Hhmmm.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:31 - Mar 5 with 3884 viewsMattinLondon

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:29 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

More likely his followers are to blame.
Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:32 - Mar 5 with 3886 viewsBlueBadger

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:29 - Mar 5 by Swansea_Blue

I don't disagree there, but it's an issue with faith schools in general though and the growth of academies and free schools is fuelling it.

https://humanism.org.uk/2018/02/18/schools-ordered-to-continue-teaching-creation

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:37 - Mar 5 with 3863 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:32 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

I don't disagree there, but it's an issue with faith schools in general though and the growth of academies and free schools is fuelling it.

https://humanism.org.uk/2018/02/18/schools-ordered-to-continue-teaching-creation

Christ.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:38 - Mar 5 with 3859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:29 - Mar 5 by chicoazul

Hhmmm.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:40 - Mar 5 with 3855 viewsLord_Lucan

This has been bubbling away for ages, the whole thing has been going on for years. A gay teacher was smashed about a bit earlier in the year.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/15/muslim-parents-protest-against-school-teaching-eq

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 3820 viewsStokieBlue

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:32 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

Outrageous.

Getting quite sick of people saying their viewpoint has to be accepted and propegated when it's demonstrably incorrect.

Opinions/Beliefs != Facts.

SB
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 10:50]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 3815 views_

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:50 - Mar 5 with 3802 viewsSteve_M

This will cause a big dilemma for those who hate both gays and Muslims.

Faith schools are, as Badger points out here, deeply problematic in a broadly secular society. Educating kids that some people are gay should not be a problem any more than allowing boys and girls to be taught in the same classes.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:50 - Mar 5 with 3800 viewsBlueBadger

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 10:47 - Mar 5 by StokieBlue

Outrageous.

Getting quite sick of people saying their viewpoint has to be accepted and propegated when it's demonstrably incorrect.

Opinions/Beliefs != Facts.

SB
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 10:50]

If I didn't believe it'd cause nearly as many problems, I'd be out-and-out suggesting that no faith schools should receive state funding.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 11:16 - Mar 5 with 3741 viewsWithnail

Ah multi cultural Britain.

Not really working is it lads.
Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 11:30 - Mar 5 with 3718 viewsStokieBlue

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 11:16 - Mar 5 by Withnail

Nice agenda pushing.

Given the vast majority of faith schools are CoE and they also teach non-curriculum stuff I guess that puts you in a bit of a quandary.

Try not to let your brain melt when considering it all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 3669 viewsFather_Jack

In what way is the growth of academies and free schools fuelling it? No mention in the article you've referenced.

The requirement for academies and free schools to teach British values is the same as for all LA maintained schools.

Less is more.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:15 - Mar 5 with 3629 viewsBlueBadger

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:05 - Mar 5 by Father_Jack

In what way is the growth of academies and free schools fuelling it? No mention in the article you've referenced.

The requirement for academies and free schools to teach British values is the same as for all LA maintained schools.

It's right at the start of the article 'A religious organisation responsible for overseeing a number of state, private, and nursery schools in England has instructed its institutions to continue teaching creationism as fact in spite of requirements that prohibit such teaching. '

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:25 - Mar 5 with 3581 viewsFather_Jack

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:15 - Mar 5 by BlueBadger

It's right at the start of the article 'A religious organisation responsible for overseeing a number of state, private, and nursery schools in England has instructed its institutions to continue teaching creationism as fact in spite of requirements that prohibit such teaching. '

Yes but the Catholic Church (for example) is such an organisation which oversees schools in the LA maintained sector and which has also fallen foul of the rules. The point is about breaching the rules, not whether or not the schools happen to be academies.

Less is more.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:29 - Mar 5 with 3566 viewsyorkshire

This must be a tough one for the Tommy Robinson Gammons to - protest about - on one hand they hate all Muslims but that would mean supporting "the gays" - no surprise that Tommy hasn't turned up at this one

FWIW I think I think both sides are politicising this to prove a point - like most things - the actual 'offense' is nowhere near as dramatic as it is being made out - the kids probably don't really have much of a clue what they are listening to and those that do will probably benefit from it
Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:49 - Mar 5 with 3522 viewsBlueBadger

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 12:25 - Mar 5 by Father_Jack

Yes but the Catholic Church (for example) is such an organisation which oversees schools in the LA maintained sector and which has also fallen foul of the rules. The point is about breaching the rules, not whether or not the schools happen to be academies.

But, being away from direct LA control gives a LOT more opportunity for this sort of thing to go on.

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:06 - Mar 5 with 3392 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah, it has a few issues. Mainly because of Gammon fragility.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:09 - Mar 5 with 3387 viewsDyland

Ah tolerant Britain.

Definitely not working is it, what with all the prehistoric ignorant fookwits around.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:23 - Mar 5 with 3348 viewsWithnail

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:09 - Mar 5 by Dyland

Ah tolerant Britain.

Definitely not working is it, what with all the prehistoric ignorant fookwits around.

True, agreed. Muslims need to respect the laws of our land.

When you have one rule for one, and another rule for others, you're asking for trouble.
That I do not disagree with, obviously on 14:24 - Mar 5 with 3343 viewsDyland

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:23 - Mar 5 by Withnail

When you have one rule for one, and another rule for others, you're asking for trouble.

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:25 - Mar 5 with 3344 viewsSpruceMoose

You mean like rich white blokes? I agree. They seem like they get away with a fair amount of stuff in the UK that minorities wouldn't.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well this is blowing up into a bit of a ding dong on 14:31 - Mar 5 with 3324 viewseireblue

That would still be a multi-cultural society.

So if you think it isn’t working, let’s see your solution.

As part of that, be good to get a range of examples of societies that have decided to move away from a multicultural society.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024