Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What chance immediate promotion - about 25% 10:55 - Mar 5 with 2032 viewsmparkyn

Interestingly posted by Reading last year

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/how-teams-fare-after-championship-relegation/

Everyone relegated in 16/17 came back up in 17/18. This year maybe one or two of Barnsley and Sunderland - possibly neither.

Overall, 30 of the 54 relegated sides since 2000 were promoted to the Championship at some point. That leaves 24 teams who have yet to make it back.

Ealing Blue

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 11:10 - Mar 5 with 1991 viewsHerbivore

Looking back over the last 5 years the only club of comparable stature that hasn't been promoted back either immediately or within a year or two is Charlton. They were a basket case off the pitch when they got relegated. Really poor sides like Bolton and Wigan have bounced straight back. In the last 5 years the likes of Brizzle and even Wolves have bounced back stronger following relegation. Whilst there are no guarantees we should be challenging for promotion next season and to not bounce back would be a failure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 11:20 - Mar 5 with 1963 viewsMoisha

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 11:10 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

Looking back over the last 5 years the only club of comparable stature that hasn't been promoted back either immediately or within a year or two is Charlton. They were a basket case off the pitch when they got relegated. Really poor sides like Bolton and Wigan have bounced straight back. In the last 5 years the likes of Brizzle and even Wolves have bounced back stronger following relegation. Whilst there are no guarantees we should be challenging for promotion next season and to not bounce back would be a failure.

If all things align.... ticket pricing, contracts, new signings, few injuries, good start, good crowds, we will get promoted top two, and be stronger season after.

Here’s hoping anyway.
What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 12:45 - Mar 5 with 1876 viewsSuperblue95

The fact that Wigan and Rotherham bounced back immediately despite both being absolutely dreadful gives me hope that we should be part of a promotion battle

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 13:03 - Mar 5 with 1803 viewsMullysplace1

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 12:45 - Mar 5 by Superblue95

The fact that Wigan and Rotherham bounced back immediately despite both being absolutely dreadful gives me hope that we should be part of a promotion battle

Mid table at best l fear. Its not going to be the cake walk some seem to think it will be.
What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 13:08 - Mar 5 with 1786 viewsHerbivore

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 13:03 - Mar 5 by Mullysplace1

Mid table at best l fear. Its not going to be the cake walk some seem to think it will be.

Mid table at best? What are you basing that on?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 13:09 - Mar 5 with 1777 viewssuffolkpoker

All depends on our summer business.

If we get a couple of decent striker and use the first years extra money wisely, our odds will get much better.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 16:48 - Mar 5 with 1607 viewsBluedandy

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 13:08 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

Based on a brainless budgie - just ignore.
What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 17:32 - Mar 5 with 1551 viewsstrikalite

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 12:45 - Mar 5 by Superblue95

I might be wrong here but I'm sure they kept most of their squad intact, this is why we mustn't make huge changes this summer, we have players who will do well in League One, ship out 3 or 4 and bring in the same number and I think we have a good chance..
Login to get fewer ads

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 18:14 - Mar 5 with 1497 viewsSuperblue95

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 17:32 - Mar 5 by strikalite

I might be wrong here but I'm sure they kept most of their squad intact, this is why we mustn't make huge changes this summer, we have players who will do well in League One, ship out 3 or 4 and bring in the same number and I think we have a good chance..

Agreed we have an almost ready made league one promotion pushing squad. Whether it’ll pan out that way remains to be seen

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 18:57 - Mar 5 with 1456 viewsSomethingBlue

What chance immediate promotion - about 25% on 13:08 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

On being the day's second Norwich troll. You'd think they would be happy enough basking in their own side's thrilling form — but there seems to be a lingering shadow they can't quite crawl away from, no matter how the present teams fare.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024