Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? 13:25 - Mar 5 with 18509 viewsIdlyIdeological

While I'm sure most of us on here appreciate the enthusiasm and undoubted Passion of the Blue Action gang, a lot of us in the upper Co-Op stand recognised their stubborn refusal to sing songs started by other areas of the North Stand. I noticed something similar in the other game I've been to (Bristol). Will this affect the unity of the fanbase in division three?

The atmosphere at the start of the season, when we were more united, sounded much better. I read a report in a bespoke, subscription publication on the decibel level at Portman Road. Last season, unsurprisingly, the DB level averaged 79.9. That number soared to 112.4 on the opening day of the season, when we were united behind Hurst. Now, since Blue Action got more involved and prevalent, the level has slipped to 106.6 on average.

Perhaps the saddest indictment of Blue Action occurred around the 62nd minute of the Reading match. I asked a child sitting next to me why he didn't feel like singing. He said to me "we can't sing songs on our own anymore. We've got to sing whatever they sing" and he pointed at Blue Action. Is this the type of behaviour we should be setting our young supporters?
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:28 - Mar 5 with 7249 viewsartsbossbeard

It's probably very unfair of me but I read the last paragraph in the voice of Kyles' Dad from South Park.

It worked!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:31 - Mar 5 with 7219 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect it'll be more Marcus Evans' failure to back his manager and Paul Lambert's apparent inability to turn Improved Performances into wins(or even draws) that'll hold us back more.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 13:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:31 - Mar 5 with 7218 viewsChampionship

Think you're taking it the wrong way. They are trying to get everyone singing together. You seem to be taking encouragement as a strict rule. I'm sure people can sing whatever they want.
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:34 - Mar 5 with 7167 viewsSomethingBlue

That's some power of perception you've got if you can work these things out from upper Co-op. And very odd that a child sat next to you in that stand would be cowed by — much less know anything about — Blue Action. I wonder what your motivation for this curious post really is?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:36 - Mar 5 with 7123 viewsskyblue23

I personally think Blue Action is a very good thing for Ipswich town and our fan base. I stand in section 5 and often wish they were in section 5 like they started out to hopefully have either side of them join in. Normally section 4/5 are a few seconds behind for some reason and it dies out well before the chant has ended. But in no way do I think blue action will hold us back.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:37 - Mar 5 with 7114 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:38 - Mar 5 with 7103 viewsChampionship

Just read that again. This bit is very interesting -

I read a report in a bespoke, subscription publication on the decibel level at Portman Road. Last season, unsurprisingly, the DB level averaged 79.9. That number soared to 112.4 on the opening day of the season, when we were united behind Hurst. Now, since Blue Action got more involved and prevalent, the level has slipped to 106.6 on average.

You are saying Blue Action have helped hold up the DB level to 106.6 after the season we have had and having nothing to shout about? Just 6 DB lower than the opening day when excitement was at fever pitch? Sounds like they've done bloody well to me.
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:38 - Mar 5 with 7092 viewstextbackup

Stupidest thing I've read on here. And that's saying something

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:38 - Mar 5 with 7083 viewsBlueBadger

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:38 - Mar 5 by textbackup

Stupidest thing I've read on here. And that's saying something

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:39 - Mar 5 with 7076 viewsSomethingBlue

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:38 - Mar 5 by Championship

Just read that again. This bit is very interesting -

I read a report in a bespoke, subscription publication on the decibel level at Portman Road. Last season, unsurprisingly, the DB level averaged 79.9. That number soared to 112.4 on the opening day of the season, when we were united behind Hurst. Now, since Blue Action got more involved and prevalent, the level has slipped to 106.6 on average.

You are saying Blue Action have helped hold up the DB level to 106.6 after the season we have had and having nothing to shout about? Just 6 DB lower than the opening day when excitement was at fever pitch? Sounds like they've done bloody well to me.

The entire post is made up, not only that bit — I'm just wondering why.

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:40 - Mar 5 with 7062 viewsChampionship

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:39 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

The entire post is made up, not only that bit — I'm just wondering why.

I'm naive. It never occurs to me that someone is trolling or posting sht because I just don't understand what people get out of it.
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:41 - Mar 5 with 7063 viewsslump

"I asked a child sitting next to me why he didn't feel like singing"

Their reply was..... "fook off weirdo!"

UTT

on 13:42 - Mar 5 with 7027 views_

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:44 - Mar 5 with 7002 viewsatlanticblue

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:40 - Mar 5 by Championship

I'm naive. It never occurs to me that someone is trolling or posting sht because I just don't understand what people get out of it.

The singing under Mick McCarthy was clearly more in tune than it was under hurst or Lambert

Something else that has gone backwards since the glory days of MM
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:44 - Mar 5 with 6993 viewsSomethingBlue

on 13:42 - Mar 5 by _

No, they're causing mischief for some reason. Not a word in there can actually be true if you look at it.

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:44 - Mar 5 with 6977 viewsWhymarkmariner

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:37 - Mar 5 by Kieran_Knows

I think possibly this is the only way to get things going. It was always said that the crowd drives the team on, but sometimes it has to be the team that drives the crowd on. Hardly likely judging by current results. Therefore a group like Blue Action is the only way forward at the moment. Maybe it might change if the team ever drive the crowd on. But until then Blue Action is definitely needed.
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:45 - Mar 5 with 6969 viewsIdlyIdeological

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:34 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

That's some power of perception you've got if you can work these things out from upper Co-op. And very odd that a child sat next to you in that stand would be cowed by — much less know anything about — Blue Action. I wonder what your motivation for this curious post really is?

My motivation, SomethingBlue, is a stadium where everyone (regardless of where they sit) feels comfortable starting off songs without being embarrassed that the noisier lot won't support them. The side of the North Stand, nearer Co-Op, was trying to sing songs, but they always petered out because Blue Action refused to join in. A lot of the gentlemen sitting around me in upper Co-Op found this funny and kept pointing it out, for some reason.
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:46 - Mar 5 with 6934 viewsBluefish

@dhotya

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:46 - Mar 5 with 6938 viewsChampionship

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:36 - Mar 5 by skyblue23

I personally think Blue Action is a very good thing for Ipswich town and our fan base. I stand in section 5 and often wish they were in section 5 like they started out to hopefully have either side of them join in. Normally section 4/5 are a few seconds behind for some reason and it dies out well before the chant has ended. But in no way do I think blue action will hold us back.

There used to be a woman who sat behind me who always sang whatever the SBRL stand were singing really quietly and about 3 seconds behind.
Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:46 - Mar 5 with 6934 viewsMrTown

One of the most ridiculous threads'.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

on 13:46 - Mar 5 with 6926 views_

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:44 - Mar 5 by SomethingBlue

No, they're causing mischief for some reason. Not a word in there can actually be true if you look at it.

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:47 - Mar 5 with 6915 viewsFixed_It

Firstly, congratulations on attending two matches this season. This clearly qualifies to comment negatively on the main positive of the season.
Secondly, .....no, there isn't a secondly.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:47 - Mar 5 with 6913 viewsChampionship

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:45 - Mar 5 by IdlyIdeological

My motivation, SomethingBlue, is a stadium where everyone (regardless of where they sit) feels comfortable starting off songs without being embarrassed that the noisier lot won't support them. The side of the North Stand, nearer Co-Op, was trying to sing songs, but they always petered out because Blue Action refused to join in. A lot of the gentlemen sitting around me in upper Co-Op found this funny and kept pointing it out, for some reason.

without being embarrassed that the noisier lot won't support them.

You need some warm milk and a colouring book?
Either this is a personal agenda driven trolly post on 13:48 - Mar 5 with 6903 viewsDyland

or football just ain't for you ba.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Summer rebuild - will Blue Action hold us back? on 13:48 - Mar 5 with 6926 viewsSomethingBlue

No doubt I am off the mark but I've read posts of very similar tone to this from someone we used to know as BucksCanary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024