Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TTB1878 rebuild 20:23 - Mar 5 with 2880 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TheTrueBlue rebuild. As much as anyone absolutely devastated with the way this season has unfolded, but there is a part of me that is looking forward to the rebuild, especially the summer overhaul that looks certain to happen allow Lambert to build his own squad. As you may know I love looking out for players that Town could snap up on our shoe string budget, and have identified a few players Town imo will lose in the summer, some that imo will be sold, and some Town imo could get.

Out of Contract players:
* Luke Chambers
* Myles Kenlock
* Grant Ward
* Josh Emmanuel
* Tom Adeyemi
* Simon Dawkins
* James Collins
* Alan Judge
* Jordan Spence
* Dean Gerken
* Jonas Knudsen
11 players out of contract, in my opinion Kenlock and Emmanuel will be offered new deals even if they’re perceived as cover next year. Not 100% convinced Judge will be here next year.

Expiring loans:
* Matthew Pennington
* Will Keane
* Trevoh Chalobah
* James Bree
* Colin Quaner
* Calum Elder
Expect to see none of these at Town next year.

Possible sold players:
* Bartosz Bialkowski
* Janoi Donacien
* Kayden Jackson
* Jordan Roberts
* Danny Rowe
Bartosz on too big wages for League 1 budget, following 4 I personally think have no room in Lamberts plans.

Leaves a current squad of:

Goalkeepers:
Harry Wright

Defenders:
Luke Woolfenden (CB)
Toto Nsiala (CB)
Corrie Ndaba (CB)

Midfielders:
Cole Skuse (CDM)
Brett McGavin (CDM)
Flynn Downes (CM)
Tristan Nydam (CM)
Jon Nolan (CM)
Teddy Bishop (CM)
Andre Dozzell (CM)
Emyr Huws (CM)
Gwion Edwards (RM/LM)
Jack Lankester (RM)

Strikers:
Ellis Harrison (ST)
Freddie Sears (ST)
Ben Morris (ST)

Looking at that squad you can see the key areas of recruitment are a Goalkeeper, a Right-Back, a Left-Back, a Centre-Back, a Winger, a Centre-Attacking midfielder, a Striker.

Here on some options on our budget: (All free)

Goalkeeper:
Frank Fielding (Bristol City)
Simon Moore (Sheffield Utd)
Adam Davies (Barnsley)

Right Back:
Conor McLaughlin (Millwall)
Adam Matthews (Sunderland)

Left Back:
Lee Wallace (Rangers)

Centre Back:
Patrick Bauer (Charlton)
Jason Shackell (Lincoln City)
Jake Wright (Sheffield Utd)

Centre Attacking Midfielder:
Sammie Szmodics (Col U)
Graham Carey (Plymouth Argyle) - unbelievable footballer.

Strikers:
Conor Washington (Sheffield Utd)
Danny Hylton (Luton Town)

Other:
Graham Shinnie (CDM - Aberdeen)
Gary Mackay-Steven (LM - Aberdeen)
Hiram Boateng (CDM - Exeter City)

Nothing more than a little something to read.

[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:29]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:26 - Mar 5 with 2524 viewsChampionship

Sears is out so long he shouldn't be considered part of the squad. More of a bonus if he comes back anywhere near where he was.
TTB1878 rebuild on 20:30 - Mar 5 with 2502 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:26 - Mar 5 by Championship

Sears is out so long he shouldn't be considered part of the squad. More of a bonus if he comes back anywhere near where he was.

What do you mean, he should discarded?

He'll be back just after the beginning of the season you'd have thought?

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:31 - Mar 5 with 2497 viewsSpruceMoose

Mr Town said something similar the other day I think.

As to your list, nobody would be sad to see any of those players go, I'd imagine. Other than Jackson maybe. I'd be tempted to give him a shot at League 1.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:33 - Mar 5 with 2495 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Interesting.

On what basis do you say all those players are available for free? Are they definitely out of contract and without any options? It is quite possible that, if they are, they have already agreed deals with another club as they are allowed to from January I believe.

Also, on what basis do you say Carey is an excellent footballer? Wiki has some quotes to that effect from some time ago. Have you watched much of him at Plymouth? Wiki suggests he has tailed off lately. Is that the step up to League 1? Has he gone past his prime? Is it simply where he is being played (and if it is, would our system suit him if he did join)?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:35 - Mar 5 with 2492 viewsFunge

Some good players in there, for sure, but I can't really see any of them coming to us - combination of being far too good (Smodzics and Carey cases in point), too expensive (Fielding/ Washington), swapping leagues with us (Matthews & Hylton) or being too old (Shackell, assuming he/ we could get over the budgie connection....)

Mackay-Steven has always been decent, mind. Could see us looking at Scottish teams below the big two, primarily because you'd think Lambert will know a bunch of people up there. If Adam Rooney can go from Aberdeen to fcking Salford, then even in our sorry state, we should have a chance.
TTB1878 rebuild on 20:48 - Mar 5 with 2427 viewsMrTown

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:31 - Mar 5 by SpruceMoose

As to your list, nobody would be sad to see any of those players go, I'd imagine. Other than Jackson maybe. I'd be tempted to give him a shot at League 1.

What did I say?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 2420 viewsSpruceMoose

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:48 - Mar 5 by MrTown

What did I say?

I thought you had a list of the players who you were expecting to go or be here next year? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong poster.

Edit - sorry, it was Libby

by _ 4 Mar 2019 16:12

[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:51]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:50 - Mar 5 with 2418 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

So? I have seen 2 or 3 posts about it over the past couple of days?

He couldn't even get into the team when we had 4 strikers missing and 1 striker left who hasn't scored a goal all season. Don't feel as though he is in the thinking for Lambert short term or long term.

Login to get fewer ads

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:51 - Mar 5 with 2408 viewsSpruceMoose

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:50 - Mar 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

So? I have seen 2 or 3 posts about it over the past couple of days?

He couldn't even get into the team when we had 4 strikers missing and 1 striker left who hasn't scored a goal all season. Don't feel as though he is in the thinking for Lambert short term or long term.

No 'so'. I just thought you be interested in seeing the other thread if you'd missed it, that's all. It wasn't him anyway, it was Libby.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:55]

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:01 - Mar 5 with 2369 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:33 - Mar 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interesting.

On what basis do you say all those players are available for free? Are they definitely out of contract and without any options? It is quite possible that, if they are, they have already agreed deals with another club as they are allowed to from January I believe.

Also, on what basis do you say Carey is an excellent footballer? Wiki has some quotes to that effect from some time ago. Have you watched much of him at Plymouth? Wiki suggests he has tailed off lately. Is that the step up to League 1? Has he gone past his prime? Is it simply where he is being played (and if it is, would our system suit him if he did join)?

Transfermarkt gives all player information, contracts, options for further years etc. As far as I'm aware all the players in that list are up in the summer, obviously there could be the odd one that isn't quite right but on the whole.

I noticed him when he played in the 16/17 season, he scored 15 and assisting 15. Then he did the same the same last season scoring 13 and assisting 14. Have to be honest I've only seen 90 minutes of him twice this year, but saw him a fair bit last season.

I don't think it's the step up because Plymouth were playing in League 1 last year and scored 14 and assisted 13. He's 29 at the moment and will be 30 come the summer, but on a 2 year deal he is probably top 5 players in League 1, and considering we are heading there next year that kind of flair player could be good for us next year. He's been operating LM which is his predominant position whilst also playing sometimes in the no.10.

Imagine a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Carey - Judge - Lankester. That would be frightening in League 1.

Although like I said, still not convinced Judge will be here next season.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 21:03]

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 2361 viewsMrTown

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:50 - Mar 5 by SpruceMoose

I thought you had a list of the players who you were expecting to go or be here next year? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong poster.

Edit - sorry, it was Libby

by _ 4 Mar 2019 16:12

[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:51]

Oh, yeah I did, but not as in-depth as this one or Libero's.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:06 - Mar 5 with 2348 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Interesting.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-reasons-why-plymouth-argyle-need-to-quickly-

Good read on the importance of Carey and Lameiras both out contract in the summer for Argyle, talking about how hard in would be to replace there goals and assists if they both leave in the summer.

A bit like what we went through this year.

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:11 - Mar 5 with 2329 viewsFtnfwest

I’d like to us finally get Luke berry from Luton although we’d probably have to pay some sort of fee for him. Could have got him for £250k a couple of years ago but was too gifted to fit into a McCarthy side
TTB1878 rebuild on 21:15 - Mar 5 with 2312 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Interesting.

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:18 - Mar 5 with 2302 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:11 - Mar 5 by Ftnfwest

I’d like to us finally get Luke berry from Luton although we’d probably have to pay some sort of fee for him. Could have got him for £250k a couple of years ago but was too gifted to fit into a McCarthy side

He's the guy with long hair isn't he?

He stood out on Luton seasons highlights in L2, but has barely featured this year.

Suffered a horror injury last year and has only played 11 league games this season, scoring once.

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:23 - Mar 5 with 2280 viewsFtnfwest

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:18 - Mar 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

He's the guy with long hair isn't he?

He stood out on Luton seasons highlights in L2, but has barely featured this year.

Suffered a horror injury last year and has only played 11 league games this season, scoring once.

Shocking injury which sidelined him for a while during which they’ve gone from strength to strength with a host of new players
TTB1878 rebuild on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 2222 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:35 - Mar 5 by Funge

Some good players in there, for sure, but I can't really see any of them coming to us - combination of being far too good (Smodzics and Carey cases in point), too expensive (Fielding/ Washington), swapping leagues with us (Matthews & Hylton) or being too old (Shackell, assuming he/ we could get over the budgie connection....)

Mackay-Steven has always been decent, mind. Could see us looking at Scottish teams below the big two, primarily because you'd think Lambert will know a bunch of people up there. If Adam Rooney can go from Aberdeen to fcking Salford, then even in our sorry state, we should have a chance.

I think you make some valid points, Smodzics may see us as a route into the Championship, not 100% sure established Championship teams will gamble upon him as their creative spark, however could see him doing to a promoted L1 team.

You say that about Carey, he'll be 30 years old, if someone was going to take him why didn't they do it last year when he'd scored 14 goals and 13 assists.

I think we will be seen as a big club in League 1 and will be able to attract the top end players from that division.

Matthews hasn't been playing for Sunderland but his pedigree is very good.
Hylton hasn't played as much football this year for Luton, although he was terrific in League 2. Only 21 league appearances this year.

Fielding/Washington - who knows, out of contract, neither have played much football for their clubs this year and Washington was prolific during his time at Peterborough in L1, at 26 he may see it as a chance to start rebuilding his career a little bit, hasn't settled anywhere for a little while now.

I mean we've got Norwich's most successful manager, inflicted some of our heaviest derby defeats. I can get over any Norwich connection now.

Scottish league has some decent players, a lot of poor players but some decent players. Mackay-Steven is a massive flair player, can produce things Messi would be proud of but then produce things Jay Tabb wouldn't be proud of.

Graham Shinnie is another brilliant player up there.

One thing for certain when we are looking in the SPL, at least we know we can compete wage wise.

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:00 - Mar 5 with 2219 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 21:23 - Mar 5 by Ftnfwest

Shocking injury which sidelined him for a while during which they’ve gone from strength to strength with a host of new players

Saw that, and they've signed George Moncur in his role if I'm not mistaken.

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:31 - Mar 5 with 2173 viewsdavblue

Depends how Lambert wants to play re Jackson, if its one up front,then there's no point in keeping him. His hold up play is pretty limited.
TTB1878 rebuild on 22:35 - Mar 5 with 2161 viewsChampionship

TTB1878 rebuild on 20:30 - Mar 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

What do you mean, he should discarded?

He'll be back just after the beginning of the season you'd have thought?

At least 9 months from mid Feb

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/sears-out-for-nine-months/

He's not going to be back until the start of December at least.
TTB1878 rebuild on 22:40 - Mar 5 with 2153 viewsLimitlessBlue

a huge amount of writing, too much for me I am afraid.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:53 - Mar 5 with 2112 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:35 - Mar 5 by Championship

At least 9 months from mid Feb

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/sears-out-for-nine-months/

He's not going to be back until the start of December at least.

So you'd write him out of plans even with another 5 months of football to play, and hopefully going into a second half of a promotion push you'd write off probably one of better strikers, and probably even better in League 1.

How bizarre.

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:57 - Mar 5 with 2102 viewsChampionship

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:53 - Mar 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

So you'd write him out of plans even with another 5 months of football to play, and hopefully going into a second half of a promotion push you'd write off probably one of better strikers, and probably even better in League 1.

How bizarre.

I did not mean that. I meant with our record of players returning from lengthy injuries it is best not to rely on him. Hopefully he will be fine from January onwards but we need cover for the first half of the season.
TTB1878 rebuild on 23:07 - Mar 5 with 2082 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

TTB1878 rebuild on 22:57 - Mar 5 by Championship

I did not mean that. I meant with our record of players returning from lengthy injuries it is best not to rely on him. Hopefully he will be fine from January onwards but we need cover for the first half of the season.

Harrison and another for sure. With Sears and Morris to return second half of the season.

TTB1878 rebuild on 00:02 - Mar 7 with 1860 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Reece James (Left Back - Sunderland)

Contract seems to be up in the summer, was hit with injuries, superb player when fit and now seems to have sorted himself out, over 25 league games this year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024