Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With one eye on Easter.... 21:03 - Mar 5 with 558 viewsNewcyBlue

Evening all.

I got home Sunday afternoon. MrsN and Seb were at the airport to meet me. That never happens. Either of them. Both of them was a rare treat.

Monday evening MrsN and I popped along to the local food bank to volunteer. Something she has been doing whilst I am away, and not being one to shy away from a couple of hours of lifting and moving stuff around, I went along.

One of the vouchers that came through was for 1 adult and 1 child, 6 years old. That got me. Seb is 6 on Thursday.

MrsN has been buying something extra to take with her every time she goes shopping, even if it is just smart price or a non name brand.

If you’re going shopping and have a spare couple of quid, please buy something, most supermarkets have a collection trolley by the checkouts somewhere.

PS, an Easter egg would put one hell of smile on some kids face!

Hope you’re all well. Be good to each other TWTD.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

With one eye on Easter.... on 21:12 - Mar 5 with 517 viewsfooters

Welcome home!

And yeah, absolutely crucial to do this. But do check with your local food banks which items are required and when. For some weird reason they have an infinite amount of obvious items. People can't live off beans.

Quite why people have to subsist on the general public's generosity rather than the welfare state is something you should ask of Messrs Cameron, Osborne and the current Conservative party. 'Big Society' indeed.

Meanwhile, the financiers who caused all this are doing rather well for themselves after receiving huge state aid. Lol.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

With one eye on Easter.... on 21:13 - Mar 5 with 516 viewsChampionship

Tesco have Easter Eggs for 75p at the moment. Decent sized ones as well.

Would be a few quid well spent.
With one eye on Easter.... on 21:34 - Mar 5 with 483 viewsfactual_blue

Some of our less esteemed posters insist there's no need for foodbanks.

This is one of the many reasons why they are our less esteemed posters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024