Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foreign teams you like 10:44 - Mar 6 with 16125 viewsRobTheMonk

Following on from Ajax's win last night, what non-English teams have you taken a liking to?

I've always liked Ajax so was delighted for them last night. Tadic's turn has given me ideas for 5 a side tonight as well (get ready for my 'I got injured last night' post tomorrow haha!).

Atalanta (Serie A) are another that I've really enjoyed watching in recent years. They seem to play some good stuff at the moment.

Foreign teams you like on 10:48 - Mar 6 with 6178 viewsKieran_Knows

RKC Waalwijk (Dutch second division) for no other reason than having a long term save with them on FM17 (I brought their shirt too).

Other than that, I mainly do just really enjoy watching Dutch and German football. Thankfully the Bundesliga and Bundesliga.2 are on BT, but I was gutted when Sky lost the rights to showing the Eredivisie.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 10:49]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Foreign teams you like on 10:49 - Mar 6 with 6170 viewsFtnfwest

Not that bothered by the top 6 but out of them Arsenal I suppose
Foreign teams you like on 10:51 - Mar 6 with 6155 viewsuefacup81

Hertha BSC

Got a replica shirt from a stall on Norwich market back when I was about 15, then lived and studied there for a bit. Amazing stadium in an amazing city.

[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 11:42]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Foreign teams you like on 10:51 - Mar 6 with 6148 viewskozmik

Willem 2 (Netherlands)
Korona Kielce (Poland)
St Pauli (Germany)

Supporter since 1965

Foreign teams you like on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 6143 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I used to 'follow' Parma when Football Italia was on C4, from memory their team included;

Asprilla
Brolin
Zola
Buffon
Baggio (Dino)
Sensini

What a team!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Foreign teams you like on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 6137 viewsKieran_Knows

Foreign teams you like on 10:51 - Mar 6 by uefacup81

Hertha BSC

Got a replica shirt from a stall on Norwich market back when I was about 15, then lived and studied there for a bit. Amazing stadium in an amazing city.

Agree with you about the stadium and city! Went their a couple of years back and loved it. Was also part of my 'buy a football shirt from every city I've visited', which now consists of a Hertha BSC, Austria Vienna & Orlando City shirt. I'm off to Lucerne in Switzerland this August, so will pick up a FC Luzern shirt whilst I'm there!

Foreign teams you like on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 6135 viewsBrianTablet

Soft spot for Forentina, as they lost 8-2 to Lazio the same weekend we got hammered by Man United.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Foreign teams you like on 10:53 - Mar 6 with 6127 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Foreign teams you like on 10:52 - Mar 6 by BrianTablet

Soft spot for Forentina, as they lost 8-2 to Lazio the same weekend we got hammered by Man United.

Bascially, when we didnt manage to sign Batistuta, you made up for it by supporting his club!! ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Foreign teams you like on 10:57 - Mar 6 with 6096 viewsTIB

Watched Viking Stavanger a few years back in Norway and now always keep an eye on results. Nice little stadium, plenty of pyro and enjoyed standing with some of their loyal faithful. I always try to stop by stadiums / watch games when I travel...hoping to catch a Hougang United game in Singapore next week.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Foreign teams you like on 11:00 - Mar 6 with 6074 viewsEssen_blue

Netherlands (VVV)
Germany (Fortuna Dusseldorf, 4 years Season ticket)
France (Strasbourg)
Foreign teams you like on 11:03 - Mar 6 with 6052 viewsTractorCam

Fortuna Dusselorf (original I know). Going to see them play for the 4th time in April and then the 5th time in May!

Also like Barcelona, mainly for Sir Messi.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Foreign teams you like on 11:05 - Mar 6 with 6040 viewstrncbluearmy

Ozankoy in North Cyprus relegated from Super League last season,top league in TRNC.
looks like they will get promotion back this season.

Standard about Lowersoft, crowds of about 200, everyone of em up for ruck, great times watching games with other expats before going off to watch our own teams on a Saturday,most of em post Sky armchair soccer fans who like to take the piss out of Ipswich.
Foreign teams you like on 11:07 - Mar 6 with 6032 viewsSomethingBlue

Among many others — Red Star Belgrade and, like you, Ajax. Seeing both clubs get such big results in Europe this season feels important, nostalgia-inducing and very timely.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Foreign teams you like on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 6028 viewsLord_Lucan

Fortuna for obvious reasons but after that I'm not really sure I care a lot.

I supposed if I had to have some it would probably be Ajax and Juventus

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Foreign teams you like on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 6027 viewsFunge

Helsingborgs; mainly for giving me the single best away trip I've ever had.

Locals were welcoming, friendly and drunk.
Foreign teams you like on 11:11 - Mar 6 with 6006 viewsBerlinBlue

Foreign teams you like on 10:51 - Mar 6 by uefacup81

Hertha BSC

Hertha for me too. Back in the early to mid-2000s they were a pretty polished team. Marko Pantelic up front, the Brazilian attacking midfielder genius Marcelinho, Josip Simunic and Arne Friedrich in defence, Gabor Kiraly in goal etc. Sadly the team never fully realised its potential, falling short of CL qualification and usually having poor cup runs. Later on they were relegated twice, but always bounced back quickly.

You're right, the stadium is special, however it suffers from a lack of atmosphere due to its size, although the Ostkurve "ultras" do their best, and the running track keeps the crowd a fair distance from the pitch. Still, as a structure, one of the world's best and it's seen its fair share of history.
Foreign teams you like on 11:15 - Mar 6 with 5980 viewsPendejo

Foreign teams you like on 10:52 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I used to 'follow' Parma when Football Italia was on C4, from memory their team included;

Asprilla
Brolin
Zola
Buffon
Baggio (Dino)
Sensini

What a team!!

Don't seek out anyone's results these days but did follow Parma when C4 did football Italia... All the way to Wembley where a couple of mates and I saw them destroy Antwerp 3-1.

Despite all those big names you quite I seem to recall our player of the match was Marco Osio... Who?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Foreign teams you like on 11:16 - Mar 6 with 5973 viewsfloridablue

Orlando City...my local team. Followed them since the club moved here from Texas 10 years ago and playing their games in the Disney sports complex. Now play in a lovely new stadium with one standing end and a stones throw from the party city!
Foreign teams you like on 11:17 - Mar 6 with 5960 viewsKieran_Knows

Foreign teams you like on 11:16 - Mar 6 by floridablue

Orlando City...my local team. Followed them since the club moved here from Texas 10 years ago and playing their games in the Disney sports complex. Now play in a lovely new stadium with one standing end and a stones throw from the party city!

Was a very good atmosphere when I watched them last September, the standing end were in good voice!

I saw they signed Nani the other week, should be a class act in the MLS.

on 11:19 - Mar 6 with 5943 views_

Foreign teams you like on 11:19 - Mar 6 with 5943 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Txuriurdina", of course.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Foreign teams you like on 11:23 - Mar 6 with 5930 viewsBrianTablet

Foreign teams you like on 10:53 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bascially, when we didnt manage to sign Batistuta, you made up for it by supporting his club!! ;-)

Shhhhhh.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Foreign teams you like on 11:26 - Mar 6 with 5907 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Venezia FC (formerly Unione Venezia).

When I'm in the vicinity, every November, I usually get to see a home game.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Foreign teams you like on 11:26 - Mar 6 with 5906 viewsLesta_Tractor

Fiorentina - went to watch them on honeymoon edit - and that nintendo kit...
Melbourne Victory - used to live there and needed a footy fix
Den Bosch - been to see them a few times as played in a some hockey tournaments at HC's-Hertogenbosch
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 11:27]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Foreign teams you like on 11:34 - Mar 6 with 5874 viewsnoggin

This should be all about Fortuna

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024