Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? 11:35 - Mar 6 with 1809 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's for my mum.

She only really wants a step counter but anything more would be good... as long as it works by itself and doesn't need connecting to a smart device.

Cheers in advance!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:44 - Mar 6 with 1787 viewsipswichheritage

I bought one on amazon only a couple of weeks ago. Cheap and reliable. Search: Letsfit fitness tracker IP67.

Doesn’t have to work with a smartphone - but has an app which can be used. Otherwise it shows: the time, steps and calories burnt. Tidy little product for literally £20 delivered..!

Worth noting that to charge it up - it plugs into a USB port - so your mum will need either a computer to charge it - or a socket with a USB plug.
Hope this helps out,
Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:51 - Mar 6 with 1772 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Fitness-Wristband-Activity-Tracker-Black/dp/B074

I've got one and I don't care if the Chinese know how unfit I am.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:53 - Mar 6 with 1767 viewsBluebell

A Fitbit doesn’t need to be connected to anything but I have mine linked to my iPad for extra details.

You can see steps, distance, heart rate, how much exercise you have done on the actual watch if she would be happy with that. Connected to the iPad shows you much more like recording how much sleep you have, diet and weight and gives you a weekly record of how much you have done compared the week before.

Doesn’t she have a phone or iPad as they are simple to connect? If I can do it, anybody can!
Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:56 - Mar 6 with 1754 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:53 - Mar 6 by Bluebell

A Fitbit doesn’t need to be connected to anything but I have mine linked to my iPad for extra details.

You can see steps, distance, heart rate, how much exercise you have done on the actual watch if she would be happy with that. Connected to the iPad shows you much more like recording how much sleep you have, diet and weight and gives you a weekly record of how much you have done compared the week before.

Doesn’t she have a phone or iPad as they are simple to connect? If I can do it, anybody can!

No she doesn't have those else I wouldn't have asked!

My dad has a computer so perhaps she could connect it to that.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:05 - Mar 6 with 1724 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:44 - Mar 6 by ipswichheritage

I bought one on amazon only a couple of weeks ago. Cheap and reliable. Search: Letsfit fitness tracker IP67.

Doesn’t have to work with a smartphone - but has an app which can be used. Otherwise it shows: the time, steps and calories burnt. Tidy little product for literally £20 delivered..!

Worth noting that to charge it up - it plugs into a USB port - so your mum will need either a computer to charge it - or a socket with a USB plug.
Hope this helps out,

"This fitness tracker requires iOS 7.1 or later / Android 4.4 or later, and Bluetooth 4.0 or later (smartphone only, NOT for PC or tablet)."

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:09 - Mar 6 with 1714 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:51 - Mar 6 by StokieBlue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Fitness-Wristband-Activity-Tracker-Black/dp/B074

SB

As with the tracker above, this appears to need a smart device.

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:09 - Mar 6 with 1714 viewsGeoffSentence

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 11:51 - Mar 6 by StokieBlue

SB

You should care.

By gathering data on the general state of fitness of the British public, they will know exactly when to attack.

Imagine chinese hoards sweeping down on us from Bicester Shopping Village.

Is that what you want? 'Cos that's what will happen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:12 - Mar 6 with 1710 viewsFixed_It

This will measure distance covered. A bit unwieldy though...

https://www.rapidonline.com/Invicta-050059-Trundle-Wheel-Single-52-0656?IncVat=1

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:25 - Mar 6 with 1670 viewsChampionship

Have they improved recently? The Fitbit Charge 2 was pathetic for accuracy.
Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 1661 viewsStokieBlue

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:09 - Mar 6 by BrixtonBlue

As with the tracker above, this appears to need a smart device.

Apologies, it has independent GPS (which many don't) but I think you're right that it may need a smart device for some functions. It definitely does steps, cycling distance etc on itself though.

Good luck!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 1660 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:12 - Mar 6 by Fixed_It

https://www.rapidonline.com/Invicta-050059-Trundle-Wheel-Single-52-0656?IncVat=1

Ha

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:38 - Mar 6 with 1637 viewsBluebell

If it's just distance or steps she wants to know, why not just a basic pedometer? Very cheap and they run off batteries which last for years.
Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 13:36 - Mar 6 with 1569 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:38 - Mar 6 by Bluebell

If it's just distance or steps she wants to know, why not just a basic pedometer? Very cheap and they run off batteries which last for years.

It's just steps really. But yeah, a basic pedometer recommendation is what I'm after! I know nothing about them.

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 13:41 - Mar 6 with 1559 viewscaught-in-limbo

Can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that doesn't require a smart phone? on 12:12 - Mar 6 by Fixed_It

I've got one of those attached my car so I can see how much driving I do week to week.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024