Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers 15:26 - Mar 6 with 2342 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If he leaves who could blame him. For my money his leadership and experience will be invaluable next season especially helping to bring Woolfendon through. He would be an excellent CB at L1 level.

We still have this ridiculous section of fans who love to jump on the slating bandwagon. It's so annoying. Skuse the same.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Chambers on 15:30 - Mar 6 with 2313 viewsFixed_It

Not sure I've ever heard Skuse slate Chambers, but agree with your sentiments.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Chambers on 15:30 - Mar 6 with 2308 viewsCoastalblue

Whilst I do agree and think Chambers would excellent to have around the Club even if as a back up option I do have reservations.

He has started to show a loss of quality this season and sometimes with players they go on a gradual decline, sometimes it happens really rapidly.

Think about Douglas, the season or two before he joined us and then...

I just worry about Chambers going downhill fast now the decline has started, though s I say I agree he'd be ideal to keep in the building in some capacity.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Chambers on 15:31 - Mar 6 with 2296 viewschicoazul

Chambers is a good bloke who has been a great servant & cheerleader for the club, same goes for Skuse Bart and Jonas. He has always given his best and by informed accounts did a lot to hold things together in the Mini Roy days.
Nevertheless the club IMHVO needs a hard reset with a new group of players and specifically needs a new spine for the young players to adapt around. Chambers and Skuse in particular are creaking now, Skuse all of a sudden the last year or so is injured and Chambers doesnt seem to have the football sense to make up for his decreasing pace and physicality.
This is not to say we dont need experienced players in L1, we definitely do, but we need players with experience of League 1 rather than by then 3 or so season of failure & stagnation in the Championship.
We need to move both on in the Summer and bring in players who can help write new stories.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chambers on 15:43 - Mar 6 with 2271 viewsitfcjoe

There won't be any youngster at the club that will want him to go, he's a great guy to have around and helps them all immeasurably.

Also, for all the talk of Woolfie being a shoe in - he is playing for a mid table L2 side, was playing RB on Saturday.

If Chambers is here next season he'll be first choice and will be one of our better players, yes he is slowing down but we need to ensure that that weakness is hidden rather than exposed like on Saturday when he was on the right of a 3 to accomodate Collins

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers on 15:43 - Mar 6 with 2252 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think both are good characters to have around, but must only be kept if they can contribute on the pitch in the first XI.

If not, then we need to look to replace them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambers on 15:45 - Mar 6 with 2242 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers on 15:43 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

There won't be any youngster at the club that will want him to go, he's a great guy to have around and helps them all immeasurably.

Also, for all the talk of Woolfie being a shoe in - he is playing for a mid table L2 side, was playing RB on Saturday.

If Chambers is here next season he'll be first choice and will be one of our better players, yes he is slowing down but we need to ensure that that weakness is hidden rather than exposed like on Saturday when he was on the right of a 3 to accomodate Collins

His strength of character is probably harming him this season. Playing wide in a CB and probably not fully fit.

Fair play to him for giving his all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambers on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 2202 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Chambers on 15:45 - Mar 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

His strength of character is probably harming him this season. Playing wide in a CB and probably not fully fit.

Fair play to him for giving his all.

I agree although we were down to the bare bones.

Chambers on 16:04 - Mar 6 with 2184 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Chambers on 15:31 - Mar 6 by chicoazul

Chambers is a good bloke who has been a great servant & cheerleader for the club, same goes for Skuse Bart and Jonas. He has always given his best and by informed accounts did a lot to hold things together in the Mini Roy days.
Nevertheless the club IMHVO needs a hard reset with a new group of players and specifically needs a new spine for the young players to adapt around. Chambers and Skuse in particular are creaking now, Skuse all of a sudden the last year or so is injured and Chambers doesnt seem to have the football sense to make up for his decreasing pace and physicality.
This is not to say we dont need experienced players in L1, we definitely do, but we need players with experience of League 1 rather than by then 3 or so season of failure & stagnation in the Championship.
We need to move both on in the Summer and bring in players who can help write new stories.

Skuse was playing arguably his best football for town when PL came in. He got an injury and is getting back to speed. I just cant agree he is 'creaking'. He is the sort of player who could go on for another 5 years. Chambers has 2-3 more good years in him. I dont even know why Knudson is in this group. Eveey manager has considered him the best left back. He is picked every squad for a top 15 international side. But for his backing Mick (in my opinion a sign of mental strength to go against the masses) i dont think we would be discussing him. If you think Kenlock is the superior LB then wow. He just plainly isnt. Knudson is far too good for L1. He isnt an easy on the eye footballer but he's a very effective LB with an excellent engine.

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers on 16:06 - Mar 6 with 2161 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers on 15:59 - Mar 6 by Terry_Nutkins

I agree although we were down to the bare bones.

Wasn't really a criticism, I was cutting him a bit of slack.

Chambers on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 2097 viewschicoazul

Chambers on 16:04 - Mar 6 by Terry_Nutkins

Skuse was playing arguably his best football for town when PL came in. He got an injury and is getting back to speed. I just cant agree he is 'creaking'. He is the sort of player who could go on for another 5 years. Chambers has 2-3 more good years in him. I dont even know why Knudson is in this group. Eveey manager has considered him the best left back. He is picked every squad for a top 15 international side. But for his backing Mick (in my opinion a sign of mental strength to go against the masses) i dont think we would be discussing him. If you think Kenlock is the superior LB then wow. He just plainly isnt. Knudson is far too good for L1. He isnt an easy on the eye footballer but he's a very effective LB with an excellent engine.

It's irrelevant what we think about Jonas, he's leaving.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 16:46]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chambers on 17:27 - Mar 6 with 2051 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Chambers on 16:46 - Mar 6 by chicoazul

It's irrelevant what we think about Jonas, he's leaving.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 16:46]

Yes, that i do agree with. Wont be here next season.

Chambers on 17:36 - Mar 6 with 2030 viewsLuk38644

Absolutely vital that we keep him even if it's just on a 12-month contract, his experience will be key to stability and bouncing back next season plus, as others have mentioned, his work as captain and around the club is something you can't just go out and buy from anywhere.

The thing for me is that his performances have definitely dropped post-MM (who's haven't) but he will still be one of the best CB's in League One.

Him and Woolfenden at CB next season would be cracking. Experienced head mentoring and easing in a young prospect who's played his trade in League Two all season.
Chambers on 19:52 - Mar 6 with 1862 viewsDennyx4

Chambers on 15:43 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

Do you think we may see Woolfenden at right back next season for us?

With Chambers and Nsiala as the centre backs.
Chambers on 20:15 - Mar 6 with 1827 viewsjas0999

This all boils down to his money. Chambers needs and deserves a final big contract. Won’t happen here. Time to move on with our very best wishes.
Chambers on 15:37 - Mar 7 with 1618 viewsbraveblue

He is not a good player unfortunately. Over the past few seasons he has been at fault for so many goals.

Re Skuse. The midfield without him looked great. Enough said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024