Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak 16:28 - Mar 6 with 2215 viewsSouperJim

Bolton away is winnable, but the only other sides we face who are currently in the bottom half are Swansea and Brentford, who sit mid-table in 14th and 15th.

We face 4 of the current top 6 amongst the remaining fixtures.

It could be a very grim end to the season and even if we beat Bolton we look unlikely to reach the lofty heights of 23rd.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:32 - Mar 6 with 2198 viewswkj

The last 11 looking bleak is good news for those who like consistency, as the first 35 didn't look much better either

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:38 - Mar 6 with 2169 viewschristiand

See if we can get another couple of wins and finish off the bottom by the end of the season would be my target. Would hate to go down to League One with the worst Championship points total. The 9-0 hammering at United from our Premier League days still sticks in my craw, so having another embarrassment of a record would be difficult to digest.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:41 - Mar 6 with 2157 viewsSouperJim

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:38 - Mar 6 by christiand

See if we can get another couple of wins and finish off the bottom by the end of the season would be my target. Would hate to go down to League One with the worst Championship points total. The 9-0 hammering at United from our Premier League days still sticks in my craw, so having another embarrassment of a record would be difficult to digest.

Blackpool (2014/15) — 26 points

It's going to be tight.

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 2142 viewschristiand

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:41 - Mar 6 by SouperJim

Blackpool (2014/15) — 26 points

It's going to be tight.

I was pinning my hopes on Rotherham United last time they were in The Championship, think they got a low 20s points total....23 perhaps?!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:49 - Mar 6 with 2131 viewswkj

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:46 - Mar 6 by christiand

I was pinning my hopes on Rotherham United last time they were in The Championship, think they got a low 20s points total....23 perhaps?!

Rotherham with 23 is indeed the record.

Crybaby

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:50 - Mar 6 with 2129 viewsSamWhiteUK

Meh, I think we can get some upsets
The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:52 - Mar 6 with 2122 viewswkj

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:50 - Mar 6 by SamWhiteUK

Meh, I think we can get some upsets

This has been a season of upset, not upsets

Crybaby

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:54 - Mar 6 with 2115 viewsSouperJim

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 16:46 - Mar 6 by christiand

I stand corrected. Looks like we'll be ok...

Login to get fewer ads

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 02:39 - Mar 7 with 1798 viewsharlingblue

We have lost and drawn what looked our most winnable games, what the hell have we got to lose now? Might as well go out with a bang, and cause a few upsets along the way?
The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 07:34 - Mar 7 with 1714 viewsHerbivore

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 02:39 - Mar 7 by harlingblue

We have lost and drawn what looked our most winnable games, what the hell have we got to lose now? Might as well go out with a bang, and cause a few upsets along the way?

One of the many disappointing things about Saturday was the set up first half. Had previous managers lined up for a must win game with 5 defenders and 4 central midfielders they'd have been vilified.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 08:35 - Mar 7 with 1644 viewsITFC_Forever

It's almost like we're a poor side which is going to get relegated by a country mile...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 08:59 - Mar 7 with 1612 viewsNo9

Don't they say 'it's always darkest before the dawn'?
The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 10:47 - Mar 7 with 1538 viewsSouperJim

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 07:34 - Mar 7 by Herbivore

One of the many disappointing things about Saturday was the set up first half. Had previous managers lined up for a must win game with 5 defenders and 4 central midfielders they'd have been vilified.

To be fair we only had 2 fit senior strikers, one of which was Kayden "Headless Chicken" Jackson. I would rather have seen 4-4-1-1 with Judge behind Quaner and Edwards on from the start tho.

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 11:45 - Mar 7 with 1484 viewsRadlett_blue

It doesn't really matter, does it? We're relegated in all but name & the sooner this season ends the better & we can try to plan properly for next season. Of course Lambert is putting on a brave face & he can't really say "we're going to be relegated", can he?
We still should now focus on playing players who might be here next season though e.g. play Emmanuel instead of Bree.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 11:58 - Mar 7 with 1461 viewsHerbivore

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 10:47 - Mar 7 by SouperJim

To be fair we only had 2 fit senior strikers, one of which was Kayden "Headless Chicken" Jackson. I would rather have seen 4-4-1-1 with Judge behind Quaner and Edwards on from the start tho.

As you rightly point out, regardless of injuries there were still other options. That formation was hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 12:28 - Mar 7 with 1421 viewsSwansea_Blue

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 10:47 - Mar 7 by SouperJim

That's largely irrelevant. The Swans down here only have 2 strikers in the squad, fit or otherwise (and one of those was non-league and U23s until this season). They're not using it as an excuse. I bet other clubs are in a similar boat too.

We've got the numbers, it's the quality and how they're being used/developed that's the issue imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 14:12 - Mar 7 with 1350 viewsSouperJim

The remaining 11 fixtures look bleak on 12:28 - Mar 7 by Swansea_Blue

That's largely irrelevant. The Swans down here only have 2 strikers in the squad, fit or otherwise (and one of those was non-league and U23s until this season). They're not using it as an excuse. I bet other clubs are in a similar boat too.

We've got the numbers, it's the quality and how they're being used/developed that's the issue imo.

I've not heard Lambert use it an excuse either, just stating a fact that his choices were limited and this no doubt influenced the formation he chose to play.

To be fair to Lambert, regardless of the fact we've not got the results we need, the way he has set the team up for me has been right far far more often than it's been wrong. There's only so much he can do with the quality on display when he's had just one window to work in while hamstrung by the predicament he inherited.

I'm finding the latest surge of Lambert bashing a bit tiresome. No he hasn't saved us and yes the man in the hotseat is always going to face criticism when things don't go well, but I also think it a little unrealistic to say he could have done too much more than he has. It's the players that haven't been able to deliver results and individual errors have cost us all season long.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024