Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Collins 17:19 - Mar 6 with 5297 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Not claiming this as def info, so don't shoot me down, but I heard Collins was only taken off as a precaution on Saturday and he's not actually injured again.

I've got about 90% confidence in it being true based on who I heard it from, although admittedly we're now down so it doesn't make a lot of difference either way.
James Collins on 17:25 - Mar 6 with 5204 viewsuefacup81

I did wonder if there was a tactical element to it.

Chambers was being skinned in the RCB position, and it would have made no sense to swap him for the equally slow Collins.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

James Collins on 17:28 - Mar 6 with 5171 viewsChampionship

Doesn't matter if he is or not. We are down. Nsiala should start for the rest of the season.
James Collins on 19:01 - Mar 6 with 4689 viewsDubtractor

I assumed it was tactical at the time. He was running freely, but our defence was being done repeatedly by simple balls over the top.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

James Collins on 19:02 - Mar 6 with 4673 viewswkj

James Collins on 19:01 - Mar 6 by Dubtractor

I assumed it was tactical at the time. He was running freely, but our defence was being done repeatedly by simple balls over the top.

best way to be done if you ask me

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

James Collins on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 4573 viewsSpruceMoose

James Collins on 19:02 - Mar 6 by wkj

best way to be done if you ask me

I always thought you loved balls coming in from behind to the big man up front?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

James Collins on 19:26 - Mar 6 with 4493 viewsPhilTWTD

James Collins on 19:01 - Mar 6 by Dubtractor

Was a calf injury. Was surprised that PL brought on another centre-half as the system was a bit of a mess at the back, hence the ball over the top into the channel problem, and also ahead of them.
It was a terrible tactical move.... on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 4355 viewsBloots

James Collins on 19:26 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Was a calf injury. Was surprised that PL brought on another centre-half as the system was a bit of a mess at the back, hence the ball over the top into the channel problem, and also ahead of them.

....but then our manager hasn't really shown anything positive when it comes to tactics.

Just my opinion obviously.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 20:31 - Mar 6 with 4092 viewslmfcblue

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 19:41 - Mar 6 by Bloots

....but then our manager hasn't really shown anything positive when it comes to tactics.

Yeah it was a like for like substitution, then switched at half time taking off an attacking right back when 1.0 down. Should've put Jackson or Edwards on when Collins went off as the back 3 was clearly not working.
I know we all say that PL needs a full pre season blah blah blah but that was poor from the management on Sat.
Login to get fewer ads

James Collins on 20:40 - Mar 6 with 4026 viewsronnyblue

James Collins on 17:28 - Mar 6 by Championship

Doesn't matter if he is or not. We are down. Nsiala should start for the rest of the season.

Nsiala needs to be dumped as soon as possible he is a great liability. He may have been a hit with Hurst but he had no ability for selecting real talent. We will need players with above league 1 and 2 talent to be in the running for promotion so need to be rid of the Hurst signings !
It was a terrible tactical move.... on 20:40 - Mar 6 with 4022 viewsDubtractor

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 19:41 - Mar 6 by Bloots

In fairness the change at half time clearly massively improved things. In general I'm inclined to agree though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

James Collins on 21:07 - Mar 6 with 3821 viewsMaySixth

James Collins on 20:40 - Mar 6 by ronnyblue

Nsiala needs to be dumped as soon as possible he is a great liability. He may have been a hit with Hurst but he had no ability for selecting real talent. We will need players with above league 1 and 2 talent to be in the running for promotion so need to be rid of the Hurst signings !

Nolan is looking a decent player
Edwards has been ok
Jury out on Nsiala for me

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

James Collins on 21:17 - Mar 6 with 3757 viewsMrTown

I did wonder as we've heard nothing from the club or anybody, even post game on Saturday as to what had happened to Collins, did make me think about whether he was truly injured or to get a quicker player on.

He's a lot better in a back 4. Needs a bit of pace around him but his reading of the game is top class, can tell he has played at the highest level for a long time.

Would really like to see a back 4 of:
Bart
Emmanuel / Collins / Chambers / Kenlock.

Just so the young full backs can learn from the experienced central pair and goalkeeper.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

James Collins on 21:19 - Mar 6 with 3735 viewsPhilTWTD

James Collins on 21:17 - Mar 6 by MrTown

I did wonder as we've heard nothing from the club or anybody, even post game on Saturday as to what had happened to Collins, did make me think about whether he was truly injured or to get a quicker player on.

He's a lot better in a back 4. Needs a bit of pace around him but his reading of the game is top class, can tell he has played at the highest level for a long time.

Bart

Just so the young full backs can learn from the experienced central pair and goalkeeper.

PL confirmed he picked up a calf injury after the game, wasn't sure how bad it was at the time. Presser tomorrow so we should find out more then.
James Collins on 21:26 - Mar 6 with 3679 viewsCoastalblue

James Collins on 20:40 - Mar 6 by ronnyblue

I disagree, he doesn't look amazing but I think he's improved when he's been brought in recently and he's one that I think could benefit enormously from someone like Collins behind the scenes helping him. I doubt he will have had someone of that calibre to assist him in the past.
I do think given time and with help he has enough there to grow as a player and be a decent player at Championship level.

To be honest, i think if you put most of Hurst's signings into a top ten Championship side they'd do OK, but I'll agree that the number of them thrust into a bottom of the table side has been disasterous on the whole.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 08:22 - Mar 7 with 3118 viewsbontcho

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 20:31 - Mar 6 by lmfcblue

Yeah it was a like for like substitution, then switched at half time taking off an attacking right back when 1.0 down. Should've put Jackson or Edwards on when Collins went off as the back 3 was clearly not working.
I know we all say that PL needs a full pre season blah blah blah but that was poor from the management on Sat.

Blue Monday wondered if this was because PL wasn’t on the touchline.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

James Collins on 09:23 - Mar 7 with 2962 viewsZedRodgers

James Collins on 19:26 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

I thought the same.

That was the perfect opportunity to change shape and concede that it wasn't working. Another CM to free up Judge and Bish would have seemed more sensible to me, or even a second striker.

No, not at the moment

James Collins on 09:27 - Mar 7 with 2939 viewstextbackup

James Collins on 21:07 - Mar 6 by MaySixth

Nolan is looking a decent player
Edwards has been ok
Jury out on Nsiala for me

Nisala is poor. Looks such a clumsy sod
L1 most def his level

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

James Collins on 10:14 - Mar 7 with 2808 viewsBluebell

James Collins on 21:17 - Mar 6 by MrTown

Bart

'Would really like to see a back 4 of:
Bart
Emmanuel / Collins / Chambers / Kenlock.'

Ain't gonna happen.

Pennington and Bree are being paid a lot as loan players. They won't be dropped. For what it's worth we need Knudsen in the team because he is our best left back.

Next season you will get your wish and see Emmanuel and Kenlock in the team because that will be all we can afford!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:20]
James Collins on 10:18 - Mar 7 with 2788 viewsitfcjoe

James Collins on 21:19 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

PL confirmed he picked up a calf injury after the game, wasn't sure how bad it was at the time. Presser tomorrow so we should find out more then.

He left the pitch at half time with an ice pack strapped to his calf

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 10:19 - Mar 7 with 2786 viewsPhilTWTD

It was a terrible tactical move.... on 20:31 - Mar 6 by lmfcblue

From what he said the change of system was as he wanted to get Edwards on and it suited Skuse more with Chalobah having picked up a thigh problem.

I was certainly expecting the system to change when Collins was indicating to the bench that he was needing to come off as it clearly hadn't worked at either end of the field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024