Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one 19:20 - Mar 6 with 3738 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/lest-we-forget-flag-still-flying-in-pinewood-

Not sure why anyone would complain about flying this flag. I imagine nothing will need to be done, and the flag will stay up. People will still reference this in years to come though "Can't even fly a flag commemorating war dead!! PC gone mad!"

Lovely bit of click bait from the Star. I remember when it used to be an actual news publication. The media really should have a more responsible attitude and quit agitating with non stories.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 19:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:25 - Mar 6 with 2263 viewsChampionship

I don't understand people who keep things like this up year round. Defeats the point of Remembrance in November in my view. Just my opinion. No issue with his flag.
Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:28 - Mar 6 with 2254 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:25 - Mar 6 by Championship

I don't understand people who keep things like this up year round. Defeats the point of Remembrance in November in my view. Just my opinion. No issue with his flag.

I mean, I wouldn't fly it myself either, but I also don't see what harm it does. Like I said, it is a non-issue. He'll be allowed to keep the flag up I imagine.

My main issue is here is with the Star. It's irresponsible to keep whipping up the low on brains but quick to anger brigade.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:33 - Mar 6 with 2238 viewsfactual_blue

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:25 - Mar 6 by Championship

Nothing says you care like a flag that costs less than a tenner and gets as near as it dare to the RBL's copyrighted poppy logo without breaching copyright.

https://www.midland-flags.co.uk/Military-And-Special-Flags/Remembrance-Day-Flags

It's all a bit infra dignitatem. IMHO

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:34 - Mar 6 with 2228 viewsfactual_blue

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:28 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

I mean, I wouldn't fly it myself either, but I also don't see what harm it does. Like I said, it is a non-issue. He'll be allowed to keep the flag up I imagine.

My main issue is here is with the Star. It's irresponsible to keep whipping up the low on brains but quick to anger brigade.

There are indeed some lovely comments.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 2231 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:34 - Mar 6 by factual_blue

There are indeed some lovely comments.

The Ipswich Star comments really do present a depressing snapshot into the minds of some of the town's residents.

It's like the TWTDs News comments on steroids.

"They cannot stop you flying a recognised national flag - you can have it as large as you like. This has a so-called political slogan, so it doesn't fall under that remit.

Why do you hope the last bit was a joke? Both the phrase and poppies were result of two poems... we live in a silly society where free speech doesn't extend to "Holocaust denial" - you have to have that default view (not sure why anyone would deny it happened...but this example stands) - but you aren't allowed to express gratitude etc to the fallen soldiers in particular of the two world wars.

So this modern liberal society enforces the recognition and respect of those murdered foreigners but the same isn't said for our own soldiers - relatives - that gave the ultimate sacrifice to stop it. Except, when I remember the fallen, I consider the entire global effort not just the Brits. It isn't the same to modern day war scenarios for oil etc.

So nothing ironic. It is a hate crime - anglophobia/anti-British. It is disgusting the UK Government doesn't recognise it. All based upon the European led liberal view that all British people should be ashamed of its history. There aren't many angelic countries in the world... and it is the Western European countries that equally have had controversial histories; some much worse than our own."

This post has been edited by an administrator

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:42 - Mar 6 with 2202 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:36 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

The Ipswich Star comments really do present a depressing snapshot into the minds of some of the town's residents.

It's like the TWTDs News comments on steroids.

"They cannot stop you flying a recognised national flag - you can have it as large as you like. This has a so-called political slogan, so it doesn't fall under that remit.

Why do you hope the last bit was a joke? Both the phrase and poppies were result of two poems... we live in a silly society where free speech doesn't extend to "Holocaust denial" - you have to have that default view (not sure why anyone would deny it happened...but this example stands) - but you aren't allowed to express gratitude etc to the fallen soldiers in particular of the two world wars.

So this modern liberal society enforces the recognition and respect of those murdered foreigners but the same isn't said for our own soldiers - relatives - that gave the ultimate sacrifice to stop it. Except, when I remember the fallen, I consider the entire global effort not just the Brits. It isn't the same to modern day war scenarios for oil etc.

So nothing ironic. It is a hate crime - anglophobia/anti-British. It is disgusting the UK Government doesn't recognise it. All based upon the European led liberal view that all British people should be ashamed of its history. There aren't many angelic countries in the world... and it is the Western European countries that equally have had controversial histories; some much worse than our own."

This post has been edited by an administrator

Here's another beauty:

"If it was an isis flag it would probably be allowed!"

Honestly, how do you even begin to relate to these people? It's all well and good saying we need to listen to them and take their concerns seriously, but you may as well be talking to a fish.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:43 - Mar 6 with 2197 viewsLord_Lucan

I've just ordered one of these.

£5 internet pounds for anyone who knows what it is.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:43 - Mar 6 with 2192 viewsfactual_blue

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:42 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

Here's another beauty:

"If it was an isis flag it would probably be allowed!"

Honestly, how do you even begin to relate to these people? It's all well and good saying we need to listen to them and take their concerns seriously, but you may as well be talking to a fish.

That's dreadful.

It should read 'If it were an ISIS flag...'

Login to get fewer ads

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:45 - Mar 6 with 2183 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:43 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

I've just ordered one of these.

£5 internet pounds for anyone who knows what it is.

Pony Pride.

Moose Pride is clearly my main preference, but any port in a storm. Nothing a pair of strap on antlers won't solve at least.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 2175 viewsfactual_blue

Never buy a house if your neighbour has

1. A flag of any sort in their garden
2. A basketball hoop above the garage door
3. A trampoline in the back garden.
4. There are too many cars on the drive, with the newest having an 02 registration.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 2164 viewsLord_Lucan

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:45 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

Pony Pride.

Moose Pride is clearly my main preference, but any port in a storm. Nothing a pair of strap on antlers won't solve at least.

Rather worrying you got it straight off.

Yes, it is a Pony Flag

"Pony play is a distinct fetish where people are treated like horses by wearing hooves, ears, and saddles and pulling carts. Carrie P created this flag in 2007; it uses black in solidarity with the leather community at large".

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:47 - Mar 6 with 2159 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:46 - Mar 6 by factual_blue

4. There are too many cars on the drive, with the newest having an 02 registration.

What is a 'Neighbour'? Something poor people have I expect.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:50 - Mar 6 with 2131 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:47 - Mar 6 by Lord_Lucan

Rather worrying you got it straight off.

Yes, it is a Pony Flag

"Pony play is a distinct fetish where people are treated like horses by wearing hooves, ears, and saddles and pulling carts. Carrie P created this flag in 2007; it uses black in solidarity with the leather community at large".

If you're worried now, you're only just scratching the surface of the depravity wkj and myself enjoy. We go full Tory, I guarantee you.

Pony Play sounds like something the club should embrace really. Get Bluey up there, change his name to Blowy and be done with it.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:52 - Mar 6 with 2122 viewsFreddies_Ears

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:46 - Mar 6 by factual_blue

Sound advice - a few years ago, my neighbours sold up and the new lot tick 3 of those 4 boxes. Horrible.
Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:55 - Mar 6 with 2092 viewsfooters

"No one celebrates St George's day, do they?!"

"What are you doing for it?"

"Er, nothing."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:55 - Mar 6 with 2095 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:52 - Mar 6 by Freddies_Ears

Sound advice - a few years ago, my neighbours sold up and the new lot tick 3 of those 4 boxes. Horrible.

What's the flag?

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:58 - Mar 6 with 2076 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:55 - Mar 6 by footers

"No one celebrates St George's day, do they?!"

"What are you doing for it?"

"Er, nothing."

"Crashing out of an international tournament to Sweden, planning a picnic only for it to rained off and tutting impotently when the bus is late again"

#JustEnglishThings
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 19:58]

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:59 - Mar 6 with 2061 viewsfactual_blue

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:55 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

What's the flag?

Both of these

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:00 - Mar 6 with 2056 viewsfooters

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:55 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

What's the flag?

Islamic State.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:02 - Mar 6 with 2047 viewsfooters

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 19:58 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

"Crashing out of an international tournament to Sweden, planning a picnic only for it to rained off and tutting impotently when the bus is late again"

#JustEnglishThings
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 19:58]

Weirdly enough, am reading A.A. Gill's 'Angry Island: Hunting the English' at the moment. It's brilliantly funny, incisive and genuinely uncomfortable in places to hear some home truths about us as a people. Would recommend, especially if you're ever feeling homesick, hun.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:07 - Mar 6 with 2037 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:02 - Mar 6 by footers

Weirdly enough, am reading A.A. Gill's 'Angry Island: Hunting the English' at the moment. It's brilliantly funny, incisive and genuinely uncomfortable in places to hear some home truths about us as a people. Would recommend, especially if you're ever feeling homesick, hun.

You going to send it to me? Pay forward Lucan's generosity?

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:09 - Mar 6 with 2025 viewsfooters

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:07 - Mar 6 by SpruceMoose

You going to send it to me? Pay forward Lucan's generosity?

No. Being seen reading a book in Trump's America may see you shot at. It's for your own safety.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:10 - Mar 6 with 2023 viewsChampionship

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:09 - Mar 6 by footers

No. Being seen reading a book in Trump's America may see you shot at. It's for your own safety.

Get his address and we will turn up.
Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 2004 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:09 - Mar 6 by footers

Just photograph each page and send me one a week, like some kind of low rent book club.

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:15 - Mar 6 with 2001 viewsSpruceMoose

Seems like Babergh District Council are inviting trouble with this one on 20:10 - Mar 6 by Championship

Get his address and we will turn up.

You'd be more than welcome. I'd even introduce you to the sound of home security. Which as luck would have it, sounds an awful lot like a shotgun being loaded.

Much cheaper than 250 quid a week too.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 20:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024