Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely ridiculous decision. 21:53 - Mar 6 with 10062 viewsSuperblue95

I don’t particularly like PSG and I actually don’t mind United at all but what a f*cking joke that is to give that penalty

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 21:54 - Mar 6 with 3104 viewsChampionship

Clear penalty in my view.
Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 21:58 - Mar 6 with 3046 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Who cares. You win some, you lose some!

Delighted for OGS!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:00 - Mar 6 with 3035 viewsTrequartista

V.A.R. is the final death of football, along with this garbage from the other game

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:01 - Mar 6 with 3012 viewsGarv

I'm quite pleased they're going through because they've played well and I hate Neymar, but football is dead isn't it? What a sh!t sandwich of a refereeing decision. A shot spooned in the air that's going over the bar, honestly blocked by a defender who has arms, balls hits arm, therfore we must reward the player and team who can't shoot on target with a chance to win the game when they didn't look like scoring otherwise.

Crikey.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:01 - Mar 6 with 3002 viewsSuperblue95

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 21:54 - Mar 6 by Championship

How can you give a penalty?

Was it deliberate? No
Was the shot going in? No

One of the most ridiculous penalty decisions I’ve seen in a long time. Football is broken

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:01 - Mar 6 with 2994 viewsGarv

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:01 - Mar 6 by Garv

I'm quite pleased they're going through because they've played well and I hate Neymar, but football is dead isn't it? What a sh!t sandwich of a refereeing decision. A shot spooned in the air that's going over the bar, honestly blocked by a defender who has arms, balls hits arm, therfore we must reward the player and team who can't shoot on target with a chance to win the game when they didn't look like scoring otherwise.

Crikey.

In addition to that, what a penalty by Rashford.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 2993 viewsRadlett_blue

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 21:54 - Mar 6 by Championship

Are you trolling? The defender had turned his back on the shot. How could it have been deliberate, even allowing for the definition that allows for an arm being in an "unnatural position"? The shot was heading straight into the stands as well.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 2979 viewsSuperblue95

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:01 - Mar 6 by Garv

Crikey.

Exactly. I can’t get my head around it

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:03 - Mar 6 with 2957 viewsblueconscience

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:01 - Mar 6 by Superblue95

Was it deliberate? No

One of the most ridiculous penalty decisions I’ve seen in a long time. Football is broken

Arm was sticking out and blocked the shot. Deliberate or not that seems to be what they are looking for

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:03 - Mar 6 with 2958 viewsChampionship

Was it deliberate? No

He turned his body and his hand was high.

Was it going in? Not sure if it was going on target.
Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 2955 viewsBloomBlue

That's why we need VAR, to help correct referee decisions like that.

Ooohhh hold on
Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 2951 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:02 - Mar 6 by Radlett_blue

Are you trolling? The defender had turned his back on the shot. How could it have been deliberate, even allowing for the definition that allows for an arm being in an "unnatural position"? The shot was heading straight into the stands as well.

It doesn't matter in the slightest, it's history now, won't be changed. It wasn't a pen, as the ref didn't give it. That's football

ole ole ole!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:05 - Mar 6 with 2935 viewsDurovigutum

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:02 - Mar 6 by Radlett_blue

What chance does a park pitch referee stand?
Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:11 - Mar 6 with 2850 viewsEastTownBlue

As we saw during the World Cup, regardless of the word "delibrate", those sort of incidents are more likely to be given as handball outside of the English game.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 22:16]
Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:11 - Mar 6 with 2842 viewsSuperblue95

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:04 - Mar 6 by BloomBlue

That's why we need VAR, to help correct referee decisions like that.

Ooohhh hold on

Only in football could technology come in and actually make the decision makers make worse decisions

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:13 - Mar 6 with 2813 viewsDarth_Koont

Was it deliberate? No

Agreed but it was still a penalty given he blocked it with his arm out and far enough away for him to have brought his arm in.

It was turning his back that was the problem for him as it left his arm hanging out when he didn't know where the ball was.

But them's the rules.

Pronouns: He/Him

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:17 - Mar 6 with 2776 viewsSuperblue95

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:13 - Mar 6 by Darth_Koont

Agreed but it was still a penalty given he blocked it with his arm out and far enough away for him to have brought his arm in.

It was turning his back that was the problem for him as it left his arm hanging out when he didn't know where the ball was.

But them's the rules.

Surely some allowance has to be made for the fact the ball was sailing over the bar though? United were lucky to get a corner due to the defender getting in the way of it, never mind giving them the bleeding penalty.

I was cheering for United and wanted them to nick a winner but the manner in which it happened has irked me. Felt sorry for the defender too, he looked devastated

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:19 - Mar 6 with 2766 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:11 - Mar 6 by Superblue95

Only in football could technology come in and actually make the decision makers make worse decisions

Technology is great for objective decisions like the ball being over the line. Bringing it in for subjective decisions is a monumental blunder.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:26 - Mar 6 with 2692 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:17 - Mar 6 by Superblue95

Surely some allowance has to be made for the fact the ball was sailing over the bar though? United were lucky to get a corner due to the defender getting in the way of it, never mind giving them the bleeding penalty.

I was cheering for United and wanted them to nick a winner but the manner in which it happened has irked me. Felt sorry for the defender too, he looked devastated

That's not part of the handball law though. The ref would be guilty of not applying the law as it's set out.

I agree re: sympathy for the defender but he did the wrong thing and got into the wrong position in his attempt to block the shot. That's ultimately the reason why the penalty was given.

Pronouns: He/Him

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:32 - Mar 6 with 2650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:00 - Mar 6 by Trequartista

V.A.R. is the final death of football, along with this garbage from the other game

Referee got it right, though, although you could argue Dzeko could have a second yellow as well for the play acting.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

And another..... on 22:32 - Mar 6 with 2650 viewsBloots

....Porto have just been given one via VAR in extra time.

No chance.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:32 - Mar 6 with 2646 viewsGarv

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:03 - Mar 6 by Championship

He turned his body and his hand was high.

Was it going in? Not sure if it was going on target.

If you jump in the air your hand will be high

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:34 - Mar 6 with 2626 viewsSuperblue95

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:26 - Mar 6 by Darth_Koont

That's not part of the handball law though. The ref would be guilty of not applying the law as it's set out.

I agree re: sympathy for the defender but he did the wrong thing and got into the wrong position in his attempt to block the shot. That's ultimately the reason why the penalty was given.

I don’t think there would have been much of a debate at all had the ref not given it but I do see your point.

I guess it just seems like there is an all round lack of common sense when these decisions are being made

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:35 - Mar 6 with 2611 viewsfactual_blue

Looked nailed on to me under current interpretations of the law.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:36 - Mar 6 with 2597 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely ridiculous decision. on 22:32 - Mar 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Referee got it right, though, although you could argue Dzeko could have a second yellow as well for the play acting.

In the Porto/Roma game? Yes can't see a problem with the referee's decision.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024