Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This makes the Utd win even better... 08:09 - Mar 7 with 1813 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47478398

Neymar is such an odious individual.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:23 - Mar 7 with 1764 viewsBlueBadger

He's got a point, it was a pretty clear ball-to-hand from a ball blasted from 4 or 5 yards away.

Neymar is still a c0ck, though.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 9:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:27 - Mar 7 with 1751 viewsSitfcB

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:23 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

He's got a point, it was a pretty clear ball-to-hand from a ball blasted from 4 or 5 yards away.

Looked deliberate to me, especially by his reaction when the penalty was awarded.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:29 - Mar 7 with 1748 viewsartsbossbeard

I quite like the PSG boss but I don't get his logic on not agreeing with the decision.

Doesn't matter if the ball was heading for the moon rather than the back of the net, it doesn't come into the decision making.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:30 - Mar 7 with 1739 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure how anyone could downvote the statement that Neymar is an odious individual.

Even young kids will tell people who are rolling around to stop doing a Neymar.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:37 - Mar 7 with 1705 viewsITFC_Forever

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:29 - Mar 7 by artsbossbeard

I quite like the PSG boss but I don't get his logic on not agreeing with the decision.

Doesn't matter if the ball was heading for the moon rather than the back of the net, it doesn't come into the decision making.

I was about to make exactly the same point.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 1621 viewsCrawfordsboot

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:23 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

I disagree. He made himself big, spreading his arms a bit and then turned his back. He was also the third player between ball and goal so not really point blank range.
Also of course he should have been sent off in the first game so was lucky to have been on the pitch in the first place - though perhaps this was unlucky for PSG :)
This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 1607 viewsRadlett_blue

This makes the Utd win even better... on 08:30 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

Not sure how anyone could downvote the statement that Neymar is an odious individual.

Even young kids will tell people who are rolling around to stop doing a Neymar.

SB

Yes, Neymar is a bit of a plonker. However, that doesn't mean he was wrong about last night's ridiculous decision.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:29 - Mar 7 with 1597 viewsBlueBadger

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:20 - Mar 7 by Crawfordsboot

I disagree. He made himself big, spreading his arms a bit and then turned his back. He was also the third player between ball and goal so not really point blank range.
Also of course he should have been sent off in the first game so was lucky to have been on the pitch in the first place - though perhaps this was unlucky for PSG :)

But he was bringing his arms into his body as the ball hit...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:29 - Mar 7 with 1598 viewsStokieBlue

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:25 - Mar 7 by Radlett_blue

Yes, Neymar is a bit of a plonker. However, that doesn't mean he was wrong about last night's ridiculous decision.

I didn't say he was?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:34 - Mar 7 with 1585 viewsCrawfordsboot

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:29 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

But he was bringing his arms into his body as the ball hit...

Yes but he didn’t get it back in time did he?
This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:37 - Mar 7 with 1577 viewsBlueBadger

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:34 - Mar 7 by Crawfordsboot

Yes but he didn’t get it back in time did he?

So, we're both agreed he was trying to get out of the way but couldn't due to the speed of the ball and the close proximity of it then?

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:59 - Mar 7 with 1536 viewsCrawfordsboot

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:37 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

So, we're both agreed he was trying to get out of the way but couldn't due to the speed of the ball and the close proximity of it then?

No - His initial action was to make himself big by moving his arm out. The ball hit that arm which he failed to get out of the way.

Would you argue that there should be no penalty if I slid in on an attacker in the box and brought him down, despite at the last minute trying to pull my leg back out of the tackle ?
This makes the Utd win even better... on 10:27 - Mar 7 with 1494 viewsOsborneOneNil

This makes the Utd win even better... on 09:59 - Mar 7 by Crawfordsboot

No - His initial action was to make himself big by moving his arm out. The ball hit that arm which he failed to get out of the way.

Would you argue that there should be no penalty if I slid in on an attacker in the box and brought him down, despite at the last minute trying to pull my leg back out of the tackle ?

Refs view - penalty
Footballers view - no penalty

That basically sums it up. No one who has played, or is playing football, would say that was a pen.
This makes the Utd win even better... on 12:12 - Mar 7 with 1395 viewsBecclesITFC

He is everything I hate about modern football.
This makes the Utd win even better... on 12:19 - Mar 7 with 1380 viewsmaccyd9

This makes the Utd win even better... on 10:27 - Mar 7 by OsborneOneNil

Refs view - penalty
Footballers view - no penalty

That basically sums it up. No one who has played, or is playing football, would say that was a pen.

Disagree on that.

Nobody could interpret that as an intentional handball, ex pro or not and I'm sure the refs have not either.

But's that not the only reason to give a pen and the ref's are perhaps applying a rule that the footballers don't know about.

The rules are not clear because even Tuchel has now made a rule up about the ball not being on target.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024