Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MH370 - 5 years on 09:37 - Mar 7 with 3875 viewsStokieBlue

Doesn’t feel like 5 years:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/07/mh370-five-years-of-theories-about

It’s a real shame for the families that no answers have been forthcoming and at the moment none seem like being found.

So what’s your favourite theory if you go full tinfoil hat mode? I think it’s got to be that it landed at Diego Garcia and the US used the passengers for experiments. That’s about as crazy as you can get without invoking aliens.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:43 - Mar 7 with 3080 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All seems to point to a rogue pilot.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:44 - Mar 7 with 3088 viewsfooters

Wasn't there something about there being people on board who held certain patents or something?

Edit: My friend flew back to Malaysia with them a day or two after. Said he got absolutely smashed before getting on- not surprised!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 9:45]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:54 - Mar 7 with 3051 viewsRobTheMonk

That seems crazy that it's 5 years ago. This is one of those where I wouldn't be suprised if there was some sort of conspriracy as opposed to the rogue pilot theory.
MH370 - 5 years on on 09:55 - Mar 7 with 3048 viewsStokieBlue

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:44 - Mar 7 by footers

Wasn't there something about there being people on board who held certain patents or something?

Edit: My friend flew back to Malaysia with them a day or two after. Said he got absolutely smashed before getting on- not surprised!

They had a bad time of it as it wasn’t long after they had a plane shot down over the Ukraine. I flew with them not long after that as it was dirt cheap but they were delayed 8 hours so I ended up getting all my money back on the flights under the EU compensation directives.

SB

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:57 - Mar 7 with 3043 viewsfooters

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:55 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

They had a bad time of it as it wasn’t long after they had a plane shot down over the Ukraine. I flew with them not long after that as it was dirt cheap but they were delayed 8 hours so I ended up getting all my money back on the flights under the EU compensation directives.

SB

You jammy beggar! Still, an eight-hour delay is a massive pain in the arse.

Here's the patent thing.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/patent-pending/

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:58 - Mar 7 with 3044 viewsTIB

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:44 - Mar 7 by footers

Freescale Semiconductor apparently wanted a patent for a product and the part owners of that patent were on board. I want to say they had a slogan on their site along the lines of "we can make planes disappear from radar" that got taken down swiftly after MH370 went missing.

There was something a year or so back about a guy being shot / assassinated who was heavily into trying to work out what had happened and hunting for the plane. Think he was shot in Madagascar which sparked more conspiracies. Either way, that five years has gone quick, but probably not for those with loved ones on board.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:00]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:00 - Mar 7 with 3026 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:55 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

SB

Bloody EU!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:05 - Mar 7 with 3014 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's a fascinating story and I'm also shocked it's 5 years.

I think the fact that the pilot planned a different route previously, at home, that matches where they think the plane headed, suggests to me it was a murder-suicide. Why else would he plan that route and why hasn't more been made of it?

His family saying he loved life doesn't wash. Plenty of people who seem fine on the outside kill themselves.

This would also explain why the plane hasn't been found - he was in control when it crashed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:06 - Mar 7 with 3010 viewsfooters

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:58 - Mar 7 by TIB

Freescale Semiconductor apparently wanted a patent for a product and the part owners of that patent were on board. I want to say they had a slogan on their site along the lines of "we can make planes disappear from radar" that got taken down swiftly after MH370 went missing.

There was something a year or so back about a guy being shot / assassinated who was heavily into trying to work out what had happened and hunting for the plane. Think he was shot in Madagascar which sparked more conspiracies. Either way, that five years has gone quick, but probably not for those with loved ones on board.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:00]

Interesting about the fella in Madagascar... It is funny that certain people ITK end up being killed. But of course I am no conspiracy theorist. There is nothing odd about Dr David Kelly's passing either.

It really has. Feels like yesterday. But, as you say, not for those who have lost loved ones.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:06]

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 2989 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm reluctant to get involved in this topic for numerous reasons which I can't be bothered to outline, but your language has caused me to bite.

"So what’s your favourite theory if you go full tinfoil hat mode? I think it’s got to be that it landed at Diego Garcia and the US used the passengers for experiments. That’s about as crazy as you can get without invoking aliens."

Theories about what may have happened all get thrown into the same "conspiracy theory" box. Those theories which fall outside "human error" get ridiculed most of all.

Curiosity is a healthy human trait. When things don't make sense, it's natural to want to make sense of them through speculation. Suppression of that through mockery fascinates me.

To answer your question however... the best tinfoil hat conspiracy in my opinion is the one that says that a plane from a country involved in a geopolitical tug-of-war for influence simply and inexplicably disappeared off the map.

Of course, this theory fits with Occam's razor.

I went to a children's party the other day and a magician pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Applying Occam's razor - that's exactly what happened - he magicked a rabbit out of thin air. That's what we all saw. That's the simplest explanation. Incredible.

EDITED for two typos.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:35]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:30 - Mar 7 with 2965 viewsfooters

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:21 - Mar 7 by caught-in-limbo

I'm reluctant to get involved in this topic for numerous reasons which I can't be bothered to outline, but your language has caused me to bite.

"So what’s your favourite theory if you go full tinfoil hat mode? I think it’s got to be that it landed at Diego Garcia and the US used the passengers for experiments. That’s about as crazy as you can get without invoking aliens."

Theories about what may have happened all get thrown into the same "conspiracy theory" box. Those theories which fall outside "human error" get ridiculed most of all.

Curiosity is a healthy human trait. When things don't make sense, it's natural to want to make sense of them through speculation. Suppression of that through mockery fascinates me.

To answer your question however... the best tinfoil hat conspiracy in my opinion is the one that says that a plane from a country involved in a geopolitical tug-of-war for influence simply and inexplicably disappeared off the map.

I went to a children's party the other day and a magician pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Applying Occam's razor - that's exactly what happened - he magicked a rabbit out of thin air. That's what we all saw. That's the simplest explanation. Incredible.

EDITED for two typos.

You may need a third, CIL!

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:34 - Mar 7 with 2955 viewscaught-in-limbo

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:30 - Mar 7 by footers

You may need a third, CIL!

Always open to change. So, where's the typo I overlooked?

EDIT got it!

#toxic

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:38 - Mar 7 with 2938 viewsfooters

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:34 - Mar 7 by caught-in-limbo

Always open to change. So, where's the typo I overlooked?

EDIT got it!

Thought you may have been making a wry joke... But clearly I think too highly of you ;)

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:45 - Mar 7 with 2918 viewsStokieBlue

EDITED for two typos.

What about my language caused you to bite? You do realise I don't spend hours calculating what language might annoy you right? Opening posts on a forum aren't peer reviewed (although I know you don't like that either) for neutrality.

I didn't discount anything, I just said that I felt the one I highlighted was the craziest given it has no evidence yet it's perpetuated.

SB
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:47]

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:45 - Mar 7 with 2917 viewscaught-in-limbo

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:38 - Mar 7 by footers

Thought you may have been making a wry joke... But clearly I think too highly of you ;)

Funny.

You posted a link to the "fact check" website snopes.com without a disclaimer or an apology.

It seems I have been thinking too highly of you too.

Needless to say, I'm back on guard.

#toxic

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:48 - Mar 7 with 2901 viewscaught-in-limbo

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:45 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

What about my language caused you to bite? You do realise I don't spend hours calculating what language might annoy you right? Opening posts on a forum aren't peer reviewed (although I know you don't like that either) for neutrality.

I didn't discount anything, I just said that I felt the one I highlighted was the craziest given it has no evidence yet it's perpetuated.

SB
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 10:47]

If the theory is being perpetuated, you will have no difficulty providing a source for it.

Yes, the Diego Garcia bit is very common, but the bit about the US doing experiments on the passengers is new to me. What sort of sites do you visit?

#toxic

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:52 - Mar 7 with 2890 viewsfooters

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:45 - Mar 7 by caught-in-limbo

Funny.

You posted a link to the "fact check" website snopes.com without a disclaimer or an apology.

It seems I have been thinking too highly of you too.

Needless to say, I'm back on guard.

Apologies. It was merely the first site that came up when I searched. I am just lazy. And on guard since I am being watched like a hawk at work by some new hire who seems keen to impress, by being a proper arse about footy sites :)

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:57 - Mar 7 with 2876 viewsStokieBlue

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:48 - Mar 7 by caught-in-limbo

If the theory is being perpetuated, you will have no difficulty providing a source for it.

Yes, the Diego Garcia bit is very common, but the bit about the US doing experiments on the passengers is new to me. What sort of sites do you visit?

I actually read it in some comments the other day but I can't remember where, the Guardian most likely.

I was mainly referring to the Diego Garcia part so apologies if the other part riled you.

SB

MH370 - 5 years on (n/t) on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 2864 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

My own personal theory has been that it they are all running around a remote island somewhere with no means of communication to the outside world.. But have access to a series of old (some abandoned) scientific bunkers and are in competition with indigenous people they refer to as "the others"

Or I could just be focusing a bit too heavily on the plot of Lost.

My personal 'favourite' theory (Not sure favourite is the right word) was that the plane shot down over Ukraine was actually the MH370 in a US attempt to discredit Russia. I even read a bit more about it at the time with plenty of internet folk pointing out the flag was in the wrong place to be the plane it was supposed to be and was in fact MH370. Not that I believe any of it, juts find it interesting.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 11:07]
MH370 - 5 years on on 11:03 - Mar 7 with 2857 viewscaught-in-limbo

MH370 - 5 years on on 10:57 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

I actually read it in some comments the other day but I can't remember where, the Guardian most likely.

I was mainly referring to the Diego Garcia part so apologies if the other part riled you.

SB

Still no link?

You're nowhere near accomplished enough in what you do to rile me. If you were, I would express my appreciation.

I enjoy reading all your posts. Apologies if I have not made that clear until now.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 11:04]

#toxic

MH370 - 5 years on on 11:06 - Mar 7 with 2847 viewschicoazul

EDITED for two typos.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

MH370 - 5 years on on 11:09 - Mar 7 with 2837 viewsStokieBlue

MH370 - 5 years on on 11:03 - Mar 7 by caught-in-limbo

Still no link?

You're nowhere near accomplished enough in what you do to rile me. If you were, I would express my appreciation.

I enjoy reading all your posts. Apologies if I have not made that clear until now.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 11:04]

"What you do".

I didn't try and do anything.

I clearly said in my post I couldn't remember where I saw it. You really are being a bit silly today. I was trying to apologise for being imprecise.

SB
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 11:10]

MH370 - 5 years on on 11:41 - Mar 7 with 2787 viewsSwansea_Blue

MH370 - 5 years on on 09:57 - Mar 7 by footers

You jammy beggar! Still, an eight-hour delay is a massive pain in the arse.

Here's the patent thing.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/patent-pending/

Can't beat a good Rothschild conspiracy!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MH370 - 5 years on on 11:45 - Mar 7 with 2763 viewsitfcjoe

I heard at my local Labour party meeting that it was the Jews

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

MH370 - 5 years on on 16:28 - Mar 7 with 2607 viewscaught-in-limbo

MH370 - 5 years on on 11:09 - Mar 7 by StokieBlue

"What you do".

I didn't try and do anything.

I clearly said in my post I couldn't remember where I saw it. You really are being a bit silly today. I was trying to apologise for being imprecise.

SB
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 11:10]

"What you do" and "what you try to do" are of course not necessarily the same thing.

You explained what you thought was the craziest conspiracy concerning MH370, but failed to give a source for such a conspiracy. You suggested it was from a comment in the Guardian. If it was, dig it out and share it. If not, do a google search. For a person who insists on the provision of evidence from others, it's a bit of a shame (for you) that you couldn't provide any yourself - especially in a thread you started.

What you appear to do is seek a position of superiority over some people with your language.

Your use of the word "rile" was inappropriate. I wasn't riled you couldn't provide evidence of your claim. Why would I be? It only exposes hypocrisy on your side.

Your use of the word "silly" when talking to another adult is clearly designed to belittle, but it doesn't, it only serves to expose your arrogance.

It's true that I respond more frequently to your use of such language, but that's because you are an erudite speaker and therefore have the ability to express yourself differently if you want to. But you don't - your use of language is intentional. So, in this case, "what you do" and "what you try to do" are the same, despite your claims to the contrary.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 16:31]

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024