Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Tilt 10:01 - Mar 7 with 4073 viewsBehindBlueEyes

I wonder if things would have turned out any differently this season had ME stumped up the money for Tilt rather than going for the cheaper option in Nsiala? Having Tilt, Chambers, Pennington & keeping Woolfy here would have made us a lot stronger in the centre.

Hindsight eh? A wonderful thing.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Curtis Tilt on 10:01 - Mar 7 with 3493 viewsitfcjoe

Hurst wanted Tilt after we'd signed Nsiala

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Curtis Tilt on 10:01 - Mar 7 with 3494 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No things wouldn't have turned out differently..Unless he could score 20 goals a year

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Curtis Tilt on 10:04 - Mar 7 with 3470 viewsKieran_Knows

I very much doubt Tilt would've changed our fortunes round THAT much that we wouldn't be in the position we are now, and besides, who's to say he wouldn't have gone the same way as PH's other lower league signings and not made the step up?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Curtis Tilt on 10:05 - Mar 7 with 3458 viewsArnieM

I think had Jon Walters stayed fit , THAT may have made a difference.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Curtis Tilt on 10:08 - Mar 7 with 3439 viewsfooters

Curtis Tilt on 10:01 - Mar 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

No things wouldn't have turned out differently..Unless he could score 20 goals a year

Think you'll find that with Tilt and Oshilaja we would be competing for a play-off place.

Well, that and if our arrogant squad had bought in properly to Hurst's plans. But they frustrated him at every turn...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Curtis Tilt on 10:10 - Mar 7 with 3420 viewsSteve_M

Another player with no Championship experience, yep we needed more of them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Curtis Tilt on 10:12 - Mar 7 with 3403 viewsBlueBadger

Curtis Tilt on 10:05 - Mar 7 by ArnieM

I suspect we might have scraped together enough performances to see Hurst through to January. Then he'd have gone out and nought more rubbish and we'd still be going down.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Curtis Tilt on 10:24 - Mar 7 with 3351 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thats not hindsight, its 100% pure speculation.

He still plays for Blackpool, so no one else stumped up.

I suspect he would have had a similar impact to the other L1 & L2 signings.

I have no idea why Tilt is so higly rated by some on here? Tilt the saviour? Do me a favour.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Tilt on 10:27 - Mar 7 with 3344 viewsTractorCam

Curtis Tilt on 10:10 - Mar 7 by Steve_M

Another player with no Championship experience, yep we needed more of them.

Tilt is the world beater we need!

Since our links, i've only heard his name once around September time as he scored a late winner for them, haven't heard anything about him since. We missed out!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Curtis Tilt on 10:29 - Mar 7 with 3327 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...also, I dont think Nsiala was the cheaper option. He was valued at c.£1m at the time.

Tilt was (over)valued at around the same by Blackpool.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Curtis Tilt on 10:34 - Mar 7 with 3312 viewssuffolkpoker

He could of easily been another Hurst mistake.

Its a shame Hurst signed so many players who are not good enough.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Curtis Tilt on 10:47 - Mar 7 with 3264 viewsSteve_M

Curtis Tilt on 10:27 - Mar 7 by TractorCam

Tilt is the world beater we need!

Since our links, i've only heard his name once around September time as he scored a late winner for them, haven't heard anything about him since. We missed out!

Yes, it's not like someone else in the Championship snapped him up in January. I think he scored two in three matches around that time, I remember a second goal too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Curtis Tilt on 10:49 - Mar 7 with 3258 viewsSouperJim

I've had this thought several times myself, in an alternative reality somewhere Walters stayed fit until the end of the season and we're currently sitting mid table.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Curtis Tilt on 10:53 - Mar 7 with 3237 viewsButterbing

I never got the obsession with him at the time and I don't see it now either.
Curtis Tilt on 10:54 - Mar 7 with 3234 viewswkj

Following being made to pay champaign money for Jackson, not signing Tilt was a financial godsend. While Tilt has had a pretty good season with Blackpool, Im almost 100% positive he would have been another expensive plank on the dead wood pile. Though, he'd have been a great bit of dead wood to have in the squad for next season - Though that is no excuse as very few, if any, managers should be in the job if they have an 'at least we're building for relegation at the start of a season' plan B.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Curtis Tilt on 11:16 - Mar 7 with 3116 viewsRadlett_blue

Curtis Tilt on 10:12 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

I suspect we might have scraped together enough performances to see Hurst through to January. Then he'd have gone out and nought more rubbish and we'd still be going down.

So, same as under Lambert then?
I'm not saying we should dump Lambert - the last thing we need is more disruption. However, when he came in, his job was to try to reorganise the team & pick up enough points so that we would have a realistic chance of staying up come January. He failed dismally in that task & we've looked no more like winning games than we did under Hurst.
He hasn't been able to bring in much that's improved the team in January, save Judge, but that might not be entirely his fault after failing in his initial task.
We still concede umpteen poor goals and Lambert & his coaching team have to take some responsibility for that.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Curtis Tilt on 11:18 - Mar 7 with 3105 viewsmonty_radio

Curtis Tilt on 10:08 - Mar 7 by footers

Think you'll find that with Tilt and Oshilaja we would be competing for a play-off place.

Well, that and if our arrogant squad had bought in properly to Hurst's plans. But they frustrated him at every turn...

Where would I "find" it?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Curtis Tilt on 11:24 - Mar 7 with 3080 viewsSwansea_Blue

Curtis Tilt on 10:01 - Mar 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Well he's scored 3 times as many goals this season as all of our defenders combined. Plus 3 assists.

#everylittlehelps

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Curtis Tilt on 11:27 - Mar 7 with 3062 viewschicoazul

Lot of "ifs" but I think a team containing a fully fit Huws Adeyemi Bishop Walters Ward and Skuse would probably have done alright this year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Curtis Tilt on 11:37 - Mar 7 with 3017 viewsBlueBadger

Curtis Tilt on 11:16 - Mar 7 by Radlett_blue

I'm not saying we should dump Lambert - the last thing we need is more disruption. However, when he came in, his job was to try to reorganise the team & pick up enough points so that we would have a realistic chance of staying up come January. He failed dismally in that task & we've looked no more like winning games than we did under Hurst.
He hasn't been able to bring in much that's improved the team in January, save Judge, but that might not be entirely his fault after failing in his initial task.
We still concede umpteen poor goals and Lambert & his coaching team have to take some responsibility for that.

Yes, but he's given some smashing interviews and lots of old ITFC players have had some lovely lunches.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Curtis Tilt on 11:40 - Mar 7 with 3009 viewsfooters

Curtis Tilt on 11:18 - Mar 7 by monty_radio

Where would I "find" it?

Rattling around in Paul Hurst's head.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Curtis Tilt on 12:17 - Mar 7 with 2930 viewsGarv

Curtis Tilt on 11:16 - Mar 7 by Radlett_blue

He got us scoring goals early on and got Sears in the groove a bit. Those goals then dried up. He's finally got us playing a bit of a better brand of football. I'm just surprised he didn't try and make us ugly and grind games out results from day one, instead of splitting the CBs and playing out. Then again, our physical presence up front was Jordan Roberts who, while adding a small amount of height and strength, wasn't good enough.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Curtis Tilt on 12:26 - Mar 7 with 2891 viewstextbackup

Curtis Tilt on 10:01 - Mar 7 by itfcjoe

Hurst wanted Tilt after we'd signed Nsiala

ive have taken mowbray aged 50 back after we signed nsiala

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Curtis Tilt on 12:28 - Mar 7 with 2887 viewsKieran_Knows

Curtis Tilt on 11:37 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

Yes, but he's given some smashing interviews and lots of old ITFC players have had some lovely lunches.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Curtis Tilt on 12:42 - Mar 7 with 2848 viewsBlueBadger

Curtis Tilt on 12:17 - Mar 7 by Garv

He got us scoring goals early on and got Sears in the groove a bit. Those goals then dried up. He's finally got us playing a bit of a better brand of football. I'm just surprised he didn't try and make us ugly and grind games out results from day one, instead of splitting the CBs and playing out. Then again, our physical presence up front was Jordan Roberts who, while adding a small amount of height and strength, wasn't good enough.

We've not scored more than two goal in a game at all under Lambert and haven't scored 2 in a match since New Years' day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024