Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? 16:59 - Mar 7 with 5598 viewsmarcus1642

Sounds a bit odd I know, but just think about it for a moment. Evans first and foremost is a money man, and thinks he can run the club like a regular business and not like 21st century professional football club, the two are not compatible.

Although there will be a massive drop in tv income, there will also be a drop in players wages due to relegation clauses. He will be quite quick to point out the more stringent FFP rules in the lower leagues, so I expect there will be also a large cut on transfer fees paid out, and the inevitable player sales (Dozzell?), and the release of so called dead wood players, saving more cash.

I also think the club will be managing the fans expectations also. In the end we could end up like Colchester or Peterborough. A twee community football club, stuck in the lower leagues, with little purpose other than to make the numbers up.

Let's hope not.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:00 - Mar 7 with 4445 viewsChampionship

No.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:01 - Mar 7 with 4437 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

bizarre.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:07 - Mar 7 with 4426 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:01 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

bizarre.

It's just a theory, only time will tell.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:17 - Mar 7 with 4397 viewsmarcus1642

Maybe the championship will be our new premier league. It is for a lot of smaller clubs.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:20 - Mar 7 with 4388 viewsRadlett_blue

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:01 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

bizarre.

Well, while the 3rd tier does have salary caps, that might actually be up Mr Evans's street. He may lose less money per year, especially with 20 players out of contract in the summer, until we fluke a promotion & then he can sell the club.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:30 - Mar 7 with 4374 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:20 - Mar 7 by Radlett_blue

Well, while the 3rd tier does have salary caps, that might actually be up Mr Evans's street. He may lose less money per year, especially with 20 players out of contract in the summer, until we fluke a promotion & then he can sell the club.

Exactly. Evans wants to sell the club, just waiting for the right buyer.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 4352 viewsLimitlessBlue

wouldn't get much for dozzell I don't think.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:54 - Mar 7 with 4341 viewsRadlett_blue

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:48 - Mar 7 by LimitlessBlue

wouldn't get much for dozzell I don't think.

As he can't get into far & away the worst side in the Championship, I would have to agree with you.

Login to get fewer ads

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:14 - Mar 7 with 4322 viewsfactual_blue

Dropped the League One moniker then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:15 - Mar 7 with 4319 viewsfooters

"just think about it for a moment"

Good advice.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 18:15]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:46 - Mar 7 with 4282 viewsjas0999

Let’s sincerely hope not. Let’s also hope he has learnt his lessons this season / mistakes in the past and listens to Lambert in the summer.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:54 - Mar 7 with 4269 viewsbournemouthblue

He isn't going to prefer the income is he?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 21:52 - Mar 7 with 4174 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:14 - Mar 7 by factual_blue

Dropped the League One moniker then?

No, I've always been marcus1642. But I know whom you are referring to. I am not him!
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:06 - Mar 7 with 4158 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:54 - Mar 7 by bournemouthblue

He isn't going to prefer the income is he?

No he won't. Being the money man that he is, he'll cut his cloth accordingly.

But will he also cut his ambitions for the club also? That's a fear of mine.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:33 - Mar 7 with 4117 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is akin to the idea that the more money he loses in paying the club's running costs the more tax he can offset and then bizarrely somehow the more money he is actually making (which of course would actually mean he would want to plough millions more into the club simply to make even bigger losses rather like Derby County).

As a fan, Evans would rather the club succeeded.

As a businessman, Evans would rather sell the club when it is succeeding than be forced to sell when it is not.

Whatever way you look at it the idea he wants us to fail is ridiculous. It is true he has not got the recipe for success right, but that is not for the want of trying.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:40 - Mar 7 with 4108 viewsRadlett_blue

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:46 - Mar 7 by jas0999

Let’s sincerely hope not. Let’s also hope he has learnt his lessons this season / mistakes in the past and listens to Lambert in the summer.

Evans has clearly learned very little, given that he allowed Hurst to rip the squad & the club apart in the summer, much as he did with Keane, with equally disastrous results. The difference is that Keane was allowed to spend more money.

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 23:08 - Mar 7 with 4081 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:33 - Mar 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is akin to the idea that the more money he loses in paying the club's running costs the more tax he can offset and then bizarrely somehow the more money he is actually making (which of course would actually mean he would want to plough millions more into the club simply to make even bigger losses rather like Derby County).

As a fan, Evans would rather the club succeeded.

As a businessman, Evans would rather sell the club when it is succeeding than be forced to sell when it is not.

Whatever way you look at it the idea he wants us to fail is ridiculous. It is true he has not got the recipe for success right, but that is not for the want of trying.

You could argue that the inevitable cuts to the overall budget that are on the horizon, will make the club more financially viable. For example, Town's current wage bill is around £18m, that's the club's biggest outlay, this will be cut to less than half (relegation clauses and contracts ending).

Of course Evan's wants the club to succeed, as we all do, but Evan's is not prepared to bankroll the club to the mega bucks required. Even to just survive in the championship.

Smaller squad, smaller income, smaller outgoings smaller annual debt. A more solvent Ipswich town f.c?
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 23:40 - Mar 7 with 4061 viewsfooters

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 23:08 - Mar 7 by marcus1642

You could argue that the inevitable cuts to the overall budget that are on the horizon, will make the club more financially viable. For example, Town's current wage bill is around £18m, that's the club's biggest outlay, this will be cut to less than half (relegation clauses and contracts ending).

Of course Evan's wants the club to succeed, as we all do, but Evan's is not prepared to bankroll the club to the mega bucks required. Even to just survive in the championship.

Smaller squad, smaller income, smaller outgoings smaller annual debt. A more solvent Ipswich town f.c?

Let's get this right, you somehow believe a £7m loss in revenue and us being two leagues below where the proper money is somehow makes us a better proposition?

Wouldn't like to be your accountant.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 23:44]

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:31 - Mar 10 with 3786 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 23:40 - Mar 7 by footers

Let's get this right, you somehow believe a £7m loss in revenue and us being two leagues below where the proper money is somehow makes us a better proposition?

Wouldn't like to be your accountant.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 23:44]

Ipswich Town would not be the first company to downsize to make them more solvent.

Jaguar-land rover?
Tesco?
Marks and Spencer?

To name but a few. I fear for the non-playing staff, I can see redundancies being made to cut costs further.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:38 - Mar 10 with 3766 viewsDarth_Koont

No. He's a significant step further away from getting his 70-80 million back (or whatever the exact figure is).

We might be seeing ourselves enter a whole new level iof low spending unless we look like bouncing back immediately.

Pronouns: He/Him

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:44 - Mar 10 with 3756 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:38 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

No. He's a significant step further away from getting his 70-80 million back (or whatever the exact figure is).

We might be seeing ourselves enter a whole new level iof low spending unless we look like bouncing back immediately.

I do hope we bounce back at the first attempt. Otherwise we could be in for a long stay.
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:07 - Mar 10 with 3711 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 17:30 - Mar 7 by marcus1642

Exactly. Evans wants to sell the club, just waiting for the right buyer.

I’m sure he’s relishing value being knocked off his asset by going down then 🙄

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:39 - Mar 10 with 3536 viewsmarcus1642

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 18:07 - Mar 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’m sure he’s relishing value being knocked off his asset by going down then 🙄

I would love to know at what price Evan's values the club at. I would estimate somewhere about the £30m mark but that's pure conjecture on my behalf.

Looking at the Clubs published accounts, it's no wonder we are where we are. In my humble opinion, being an owner of a football club such as Ipswich is too much of a financial burden for Evan's. It's a bottomless money pit.

To Evan's credit, he provides enough money for the club to simply exist. Without his backing, where would Town be?
Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:49 - Mar 10 with 3502 viewsfooters

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 22:39 - Mar 10 by marcus1642

I would love to know at what price Evan's values the club at. I would estimate somewhere about the £30m mark but that's pure conjecture on my behalf.

Looking at the Clubs published accounts, it's no wonder we are where we are. In my humble opinion, being an owner of a football club such as Ipswich is too much of a financial burden for Evan's. It's a bottomless money pit.

To Evan's credit, he provides enough money for the club to simply exist. Without his backing, where would Town be?

Perhaps offer your services as a financial wizz? You seem to know an awful lot. Aside from how to use apostrophes or logic, that is.

Write to ME explaining how we're more saleable as a L1 club, sure he's all ears, you bootiful geniarse.

Will Mr.Evans prefer life in league 1? on 23:18 - Mar 10 with 3471 viewsNo9

Mr Evans football business is presently worth very little
He has a choice- try to built it up to a point where it pays for itself or is a saleable asset
OR, just let it go
We know what we want, does he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024