Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... 19:59 - Mar 7 with 2909 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/07/karen-bradley-northern-ireland-

"Bradley was forced into a humiliating apology on Thursday for saying that deaths caused by police and soldiers during the Troubles were not crimes.

Relatives of civilians killed said the apology was “too little too late”.

They also accused her of trying to interfere with a decision, expected next week, on whether to prosecute soldiers involved in the killing of 14 civilians on Bloody Sunday in 1972."

"The controversy erupted after Bradley told the House of Commons on Wednesday that soldiers and police involved in killings were “people acting under orders and instructions, fulfilling their duties in a dignified and appropriate way”.

....no identity outrage, virtue signalling to be had I suppose, shallow days indeed!

[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 20:09]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 2884 viewsSwansea_Blue

What do you think of Amber Rudd’s comments though, buh?

Is this the same woman who hadn’t appreciated people may vote according to their sectarian loyalties?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:06 - Mar 7 with 2872 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:02 - Mar 7 by Swansea_Blue

What do you think of Amber Rudd’s comments though, buh?

Is this the same woman who hadn’t appreciated people may vote according to their sectarian loyalties?

Yep it is and you are just going to have to wade through it if you really want to know......I am basically allowing her the possibility (long shot as it may be)of being human!

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:11 - Mar 7 with 2839 viewsSteve_M

It's like a competition at the moment, if you find the least competent member of this pitiful government. Bradley has decided not to leave Grayling and Fox out on their own and is masking a strong bid to compete.

FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:32 - Mar 7 with 2798 viewsBlueBadger

Ironically enough, the OP is out-virtue signalling anyone else now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:44 - Mar 7 with 2793 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I tend to ignore anything about The Troubles, it's all rooted in such petty and unnecessary violence, it just winds me up. Both sides are idiots.

So this has passed me by. Maybe I'll give it a read.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:01 - Mar 7 with 2752 viewsBlueBadger

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:44 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I tend to ignore anything about The Troubles, it's all rooted in such petty and unnecessary violence, it just winds me up. Both sides are idiots.

This is an excellent read.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002ZJSU4W/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btk

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:03 - Mar 7 with 2746 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:01 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

This is an excellent read.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002ZJSU4W/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btk

Would it give me any sense that both sides weren't just stubborn morons who resorted to unnecessary violence just to feed their own egos?

If it will, maybe Ill buy it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:05 - Mar 7 with 2744 viewsBlueBadger

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:03 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would it give me any sense that both sides weren't just stubborn morons who resorted to unnecessary violence just to feed their own egos?

If it will, maybe Ill buy it.

Probably not, but it might give some context for it all.

Login to get fewer ads

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:06 - Mar 7 with 2737 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:32 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

Ironically enough, the OP is out-virtue signalling anyone else now.

x

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 21:48 - Mar 7 with 2704 viewsfactual_blue

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:44 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

...so not rooted in centuries (since the 12th century) of persistent violence and oppression by the English government attempting to impose its rule on people who didn't want it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 00:04 - Mar 8 with 2604 viewsBinner

I will be very surprised if Bradley is still in the cabinet after the weekend. If she doesn't resign she should be fired

Amber Rudd, having lied in an attempt to save her own neck, should not have been brought back into the cabinet. But since she is back, she should not now be forced out for this latest gaffe. She has been careless with her language, has clearly not intended any offence and gave an immediate and sincere sounding apology.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 00:29 - Mar 8 with 2581 viewsBlueBadger

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 00:04 - Mar 8 by Binner

I will be very surprised if Bradley is still in the cabinet after the weekend. If she doesn't resign she should be fired

Amber Rudd, having lied in an attempt to save her own neck, should not have been brought back into the cabinet. But since she is back, she should not now be forced out for this latest gaffe. She has been careless with her language, has clearly not intended any offence and gave an immediate and sincere sounding apology.

Let's face it, Grayling has demonstrated that 'being an incompetent thicko who has not the slightest idea about their job' is is no way sacking criteria.

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:00 - Mar 8 with 2370 viewsPinewoodblue

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 00:04 - Mar 8 by Binner

Can't see May sacking anyone before April.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:07 - Mar 8 with 2360 viewsRadlett_blue

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 20:11 - Mar 7 by Steve_M

It's like a competition at the moment, if you find the least competent member of this pitiful government. Bradley has decided not to leave Grayling and Fox out on their own and is masking a strong bid to compete.

FFS.

And the alternative top leadership team is Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell & Diane Abbott.
what a time to be alive!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:10 - Mar 8 with 2352 viewsNo9

Mr Cleverly making excuses for her this morning is just as cringeworthy and show how the tories hold the public in contempt
7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:11 - Mar 8 with 2347 viewsBinner

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:00 - Mar 8 by Pinewoodblue

Can't see May sacking anyone before April.

But Bradley has form for her ineptitude and clearly doesn't have the confidence of some of the NI protagonists. I think there will be pressure for her to resign. She should have done so already.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 2319 viewsNo9

7 pages and counting on Amber Rudd, nothing on this..... on 11:11 - Mar 8 by Binner

But Bradley has form for her ineptitude and clearly doesn't have the confidence of some of the NI protagonists. I think there will be pressure for her to resign. She should have done so already.

There is already pressure for her to resign but no one excpet the PM can do anything about whether she goes or stays.
Both have thick skin, don't be surprised if she stays until Mrs May goes = that's when the serious stuff starts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024