Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child 21:48 - Mar 8 with 37299 viewsElderGrizzly

Stripping her of her citizenship was wrong. That isn’t why her child died though. This is callous, shallow political point scoring from Labour and Diane Abbott
[Post edited 8 Mar 2019 21:49]
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 21:54 - Mar 8 with 7119 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure they will get much support with this to be honest. The baby dying is clearly not good at all but still doubt this will score Labour many points.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 21:55 - Mar 8 with 7114 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not entirely sure it is point scoring. There are a lot of people with very entrenched views on both sides on this. There would have been a much higher chance the child would have lived if treated by the NHS I am sure.

Ultimately the decision to revoke her citizenship because of the media/popular opinion/her beliefs was utterly wrong. The opposition are correct to highlight whenever the party in power make wrong political decisions and to explain why.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:00 - Mar 8 with 7083 viewsClapham_Junction

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 21:54 - Mar 8 by J2BLUE

Not sure they will get much support with this to be honest. The baby dying is clearly not good at all but still doubt this will score Labour many points.

Exactly what I was thinking. Labour weren't exactly going for the populist angle by appearing to be on her side over the citizenship issue.
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:01 - Mar 8 with 7082 viewsLord_Lucan

Abbott is a truly horrible piece of work.

Anyway, she wasn’t stateless. She joined Islamic State.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:13 - Mar 8 with 7023 viewsElderGrizzly

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 21:55 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not entirely sure it is point scoring. There are a lot of people with very entrenched views on both sides on this. There would have been a much higher chance the child would have lived if treated by the NHS I am sure.

Ultimately the decision to revoke her citizenship because of the media/popular opinion/her beliefs was utterly wrong. The opposition are correct to highlight whenever the party in power make wrong political decisions and to explain why.

The point is, I know her baby and her would never have been back in this country within this timeframe.

It’s why it is disingenuous by Abbott and nothing but a cheap shot
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:14 - Mar 8 with 7014 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:01 - Mar 8 by Lord_Lucan

Abbott is a truly horrible piece of work.

Anyway, she wasn’t stateless. She joined Islamic State.

She has been called a lot of things for a lot of different reasons.

On what basis do you say a "horrible piece of work"?

I presume your last comment was a poor attempt at humour. I trust you do not think any country recognises IS as an international state.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:16 - Mar 8 with 7004 viewsSwansea_Blue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:13 - Mar 8 by ElderGrizzly

The point is, I know her baby and her would never have been back in this country within this timeframe.

It’s why it is disingenuous by Abbott and nothing but a cheap shot

If there hadn't been a challenge why would she not have been back in time?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:20 - Mar 8 with 6982 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:16 - Mar 8 by Swansea_Blue

If there hadn't been a challenge why would she not have been back in time?

Indeed. A strange comment that one. How long does it normally take for an English citizen to travel back from the middle east? Of course, if the child was already seriously ill which I suspect may have been the case, then that may have delayed things.

Login to get fewer ads

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:22 - Mar 8 with 6978 viewsLord_Lucan

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:14 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

She has been called a lot of things for a lot of different reasons.

On what basis do you say a "horrible piece of work"?

I presume your last comment was a poor attempt at humour. I trust you do not think any country recognises IS as an international state.

1/ Dianne Abbott is a racist bigot. I have no time for that sort of thing. The fact she is not up to her job is irrelevant in this instance.

2/ Sort of. I actually thought we had a duty to bring her back.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:24 - Mar 8 with 6960 viewsLord_Lucan

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:20 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. A strange comment that one. How long does it normally take for an English citizen to travel back from the middle east? Of course, if the child was already seriously ill which I suspect may have been the case, then that may have delayed things.

You do realise this sort of thing is Grizzlys job don’t you?

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:26 - Mar 8 with 6957 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:22 - Mar 8 by Lord_Lucan

1/ Dianne Abbott is a racist bigot. I have no time for that sort of thing. The fact she is not up to her job is irrelevant in this instance.

2/ Sort of. I actually thought we had a duty to bring her back.

1 I am not sure she is and would need some in context evidence before agreeing. Your second statement is correct. One's ability to do their job is not a reflection on whether they are a "horrible piece of work".

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:27 - Mar 8 with 6950 viewsSwansea_Blue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:20 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was thinking back to before the kid was born, which was only a week or two ago. There may be a genuine non-political reason for the delay, I honestly can't remember. Maybe she had no way of buting a ticket, or the camp is controlled and she can't get out? Maybe no passport and no way of paying for a ticket? All surmountable problems though unless it was politically blocked.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:29 - Mar 8 with 6937 viewsJ2BLUE

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:27 - Mar 8 by Swansea_Blue

I was thinking back to before the kid was born, which was only a week or two ago. There may be a genuine non-political reason for the delay, I honestly can't remember. Maybe she had no way of buting a ticket, or the camp is controlled and she can't get out? Maybe no passport and no way of paying for a ticket? All surmountable problems though unless it was politically blocked.

I think I read her passport was taken when she first got there.

Truly impaired.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:31 - Mar 8 with 6929 viewsfooters

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:24 - Mar 8 by Lord_Lucan

You do realise this sort of thing is Grizzlys job don’t you?

Trolley dolly?

Only joking, EG!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:32 - Mar 8 with 6928 viewsSwansea_Blue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:29 - Mar 8 by J2BLUE

I think I read her passport was taken when she first got there.

Ah ok, thanks. I steered clear of this one when it first broke as she was obviously a political/media football. Got to be seen by the masses as being tough on terror and all that.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:33 - Mar 8 with 6918 viewsm14_blue

Always seemed to me that Javid knew he was acting unlawfully, and never expected for a minute to get away with it.

He was simply making political capital by playing to the mob with his populist words and actions in the short term before being ‘forced’ into a u-turn against his will.

If that is the case then I imagine he’ll be having a sleepless night tonight.
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:34 - Mar 8 with 6909 viewsJ2BLUE

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:32 - Mar 8 by Swansea_Blue

Ah ok, thanks. I steered clear of this one when it first broke as she was obviously a political/media football. Got to be seen by the masses as being tough on terror and all that.

Nothing says welcome to the utopia we promised you like confiscating your passport!

Truly impaired.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:35 - Mar 8 with 6908 viewsfooters

Moving to a medieval caliphate is why her child died, and subsequently having to live in a war zone refugee camp.

Tell you what's callous and inhumane, ISIS.

Abbott talking out of her arse (again) on this one.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:42 - Mar 8 with 6874 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:33 - Mar 8 by m14_blue

Always seemed to me that Javid knew he was acting unlawfully, and never expected for a minute to get away with it.

He was simply making political capital by playing to the mob with his populist words and actions in the short term before being ‘forced’ into a u-turn against his will.

I make you correct except for your final paragraph.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:43 - Mar 8 with 6873 viewsLord_Lucan

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:26 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

1 I am not sure she is and would need some in context evidence before agreeing. Your second statement is correct. One's ability to do their job is not a reflection on whether they are a "horrible piece of work".

I am currently in the ridiculous situation of buying something to eat that I don’t like - but that is irrelevant. Once I am back in the swing I’ll reply.

Don’t be a stranger.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:43 - Mar 8 with 6872 viewsm14_blue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:42 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I make you correct except for your final paragraph.

Yes, probably should have said ‘hope’ rather than ‘imagine’
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:48 - Mar 8 with 6855 viewsfooters

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:43 - Mar 8 by m14_blue

Yes, probably should have said ‘hope’ rather than ‘imagine’

He's an official Ayn Rand fan - classified nutjob.

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:48 - Mar 8 with 6852 viewsXYZ

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:33 - Mar 8 by m14_blue

Agreed right up to the last few words, unless you were inferring sleeplessness caused by concerns about damaging his career chances.

He couldn't have helped those looking to radicalise people any more.

Britian used to be better than this.

The FO is unfit for purpose. The Home Office is actively racist. The governing party almost flaunts its islamophobia. The opposition, well …

RIP innocent kids everywhere
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:52 - Mar 8 with 6843 viewstcblue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:35 - Mar 8 by footers

Moving to a medieval caliphate is why her child died, and subsequently having to live in a war zone refugee camp.

Tell you what's callous and inhumane, ISIS.

Abbott talking out of her arse (again) on this one.

Did we have no duty of care to her (British citizen) baby?

This story makes me ashamed of our country.
Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:54 - Mar 8 with 6820 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Callous point scoring by Labour and Abbott on the Begum case & child on 22:43 - Mar 8 by Lord_Lucan

I am currently in the ridiculous situation of buying something to eat that I don’t like - but that is irrelevant. Once I am back in the swing I’ll reply.

Don’t be a stranger.

About to log off but if I remember I will check back on the thread tomorrow.

Hope the food isn't too bad!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024