Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already 20:12 - Mar 9 with 4006 viewsElderGrizzly

What has it to do with race? A manager not delivering to the standards of a bizarrely obnoxious board. That’s it.
Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 3885 viewsJ2BLUE

I like Darren Moore but if his target was automatic promotion then it's fair enough. They are 9 points behind second now.

Not surprised a few on Twitter are taking the chance to make an issue of it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:23 - Mar 9 with 3858 viewsSuperblue95

I don’t get arguments like that. Surely if race was an issue for the club at all then they would never have appointed him in the first place

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:24 - Mar 9 with 3851 viewsCoco

Irresponsible from Troy imo.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:25 - Mar 9 with 3837 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is a big shame that one of the few black managers has been sacked but West Brom gave him the opportunity when no other club did do. The fact he has been sacked is nothing to do with him being black.

I am also sure many clubs will look at him as having done a decent job and he will soon get another chance.

The reason is the unrealistic expectations of mist relegated clubs to bounce back with ease.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:27 - Mar 9 with 3811 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:24 - Mar 9 by Coco

Irresponsible from Troy imo.

Absolutely agree. And very ‘dangerous’ and unhelpful of Troy Townsend to suggest race is behind the decision given his status in the game.
That actually puts the ‘cause’ back, as reactions like this will spook owners/boards
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 20:28]
Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:33 - Mar 9 with 3742 viewssparks

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:27 - Mar 9 by ElderGrizzly

Absolutely agree. And very ‘dangerous’ and unhelpful of Troy Townsend to suggest race is behind the decision given his status in the game.
That actually puts the ‘cause’ back, as reactions like this will spook owners/boards

Hugely unfortunate.

I think the vast majority of fans and owners are really pretty much colour blind in these issues- its about results and entitlement.

Hugely problematic to claim a racial element, when itsjust another managerial casualty in a game where people of all nationalities and races get sacked regularly for failing to achieve perfection within 12 months.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:42 - Mar 9 with 3657 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very embarrassing tweet from Townsend.

This is very standard fayre.

He's moving the race argument backwards with that one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:47 - Mar 9 with 3608 viewsbluejacko

I went on to a WBA forum after the game and they were saying how crap he was but race or colour was nowhere to be found !
Login to get fewer ads

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:49 - Mar 9 with 3573 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Panic by West Brom, 30 points to play for and a decent run-in. Troy you're an idiot, much like the West Brom board.
Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:53 - Mar 9 with 3526 viewspointofblue

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:49 - Mar 9 by Berkshire_Blue

Panic by West Brom, 30 points to play for and a decent run-in. Troy you're an idiot, much like the West Brom board.

Though they were arguably the second best team today despite, on paper, their easiest match of the season. Their point of view will be if Moore can't conjure up a in at home to Ipswich then no match in the run in will be an easy ride.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 3449 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:49 - Mar 9 by Berkshire_Blue

Panic maybe. But they’ve ‘only’ won 4 in the last 12 at a critical time of the season. And after today I can see why - they were poor. Without a doubt a team underperforming.

Their squad is one of the strongest in the league, and they’ve significantly overspent to try and get back up this season. If they don’t they’ll probably be in trouble financially. It may turn out to be a bad decision but I think it’s a logical one given their resources and the goal of immediate promotion, even if it looks harsh based purely on their league position.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:18 - Mar 9 with 3316 viewsMrTown

Such a silly thing to say from Troy, at no point in the last couple of hours have read that Darren Moore's sacking has anything to do with his race.

A poor run of form (in context) has been happening recently at WBA. For him to say such a thing is highly irresponsible indeed.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 3288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:18 - Mar 9 by MrTown

Such a silly thing to say from Troy, at no point in the last couple of hours have read that Darren Moore's sacking has anything to do with his race.

A poor run of form (in context) has been happening recently at WBA. For him to say such a thing is highly irresponsible indeed.

It’s obviously a serious subject, but all his comments make me think of is this:

He’s not doing BAME managers any favours here.

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:30 - Mar 9 with 3234 viewsMrTown

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:22 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

It’s obviously a serious subject, but all his comments make me think of is this:

He’s not doing BAME managers any favours here.

It's a very serious subject, but this shouldn't even be a subject. His recent results at such a demanding club due to Premier League players haven't been up to what the board want.

He's been sacked, it's the way of the football world.

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 3160 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:30 - Mar 9 by MrTown

It's a very serious subject, but this shouldn't even be a subject. His recent results at such a demanding club due to Premier League players haven't been up to what the board want.

He's been sacked, it's the way of the football world.

I bet they’ll be in trouble if they don’t go up. They already had cashflow problems last season. That must have been resolved as they’ve managed to bankroll what must be significant wage deficit, as a lot of this squad were in the PL. They were paying £80-90m in wages; income will have halved this season to ~£55-60m with parachute payments. I don’t know their exact position, but it very much looks like they’re rolling the dice on an immediate return.

Not that you’d have known who was the big spender today.

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 23:58 - Mar 9 with 2832 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:51 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

I bet they’ll be in trouble if they don’t go up. They already had cashflow problems last season. That must have been resolved as they’ve managed to bankroll what must be significant wage deficit, as a lot of this squad were in the PL. They were paying £80-90m in wages; income will have halved this season to ~£55-60m with parachute payments. I don’t know their exact position, but it very much looks like they’re rolling the dice on an immediate return.

Sounds like they are. Already borrowing against future income

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 00:40 - Mar 10 with 2777 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 23:58 - Mar 9 by ElderGrizzly

Sounds like they are. Already borrowing against future income

I'm not surprised at all. Even my version common sense (not so sensical) knows that PL wages on Championship income doesn't fit. Stoke are doing similar too. Whereas Swansea had a firesale. 2 very different approaches for the 3 relegated teams. The latter pisses the fans off in the short term, but it'll be interesting to see which of those 3 end up better off in the long run.

Edit - although it must be noted that borrowing against the security of future payments is fairly standard as parachute payments are paid in several installments.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 0:42]

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 00:55 - Mar 10 with 2743 viewsMrTown

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 21:51 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

Think you could be right. Certainly have a lot of PL players there! Can’t think of too many they’ve lost other than McLean, Foster and Rondon but have bought in Johnstone, Gayle, Murphy and Barnes.

I was thinking earlier that it really could be a bit of a disaster for them.
Miss out in promotion this year, lot of the squad will dismantle, still a few will remain on really big wages and just stagnate in the Championship for a good few years.

Think it could be a bit of worrying time for them.

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 03:01 - Mar 10 with 2666 viewsSuperblue95

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 20:27 - Mar 9 by ElderGrizzly

I like the way you removed the “@“ and “#” when you realised this wasn’t twitter

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 09:12 - Mar 10 with 2431 viewschristiand

Just seems the default reason for a decision these days. When did looking at the person’s abilities or skill set rather than their skin colour become such a low priority? Another modern society issue?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 9:15]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 09:47 - Mar 10 with 2350 viewshampstead_blue

I'd say the owner needs their head's flushed out!

Many of the clubs relegated struggle in their first year. It's a proper cold bath, the champ.

Race? What a load of cobblers. Has Dianne Abbot complained yet?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 10:15 - Mar 10 with 2285 viewsTrequartista

One tweet from one person amplified to nth degree. Why do this?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 10:35 - Mar 10 with 2231 viewsfooters

And the further promotion of such silly ideas is very helpful, of course.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ah, the race card is out with Darren Moore already on 10:41 - Mar 10 with 2215 viewsHerbivore

The ingrained racism isn't in the decision but I suspect it'll manifest itself in him not getting another managerial job anytime soon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024