Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hefty Wage Cuts 10:17 - Mar 10 with 5072 viewscbower

It has been mentioned on here before so it is not new news. However, I guess players like Skuse, Chambers (extension to contract), Sears, Huws and hopefully Bart too will be the main ones affected. If they stay, it will show some commitment to the cause and is probably the very least they owe this club. Mind you, who would buy Huws and Sears with their injuries anyway? Bart might have some interest in him if his form picks up. Imo Skuse would have some interest from Championship and Chambers seemingly has MLS interest. Finally, MM needs to be more professional for me. Keep your trap shut Mick. You would certainly be critical if someone was talking about your hefty pay cut in public. A lack of class here matey.

bluescouser

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:40 - Mar 10 with 3824 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bart won't take a pay cut.

Not sure Chambo would earn a fortune in the MLS. Might be a lifestyle option.

Think we'll be ok re sears, as he'll be out until winter.

As you say, no one will touch Huws.

Edit; hadnt read front page article when I wrote this.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:42]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 3811 viewsAce_High1

If I was Chambers I would jump at the chance to finish my career in the US. Much better lifestyle, would earn about the same here.
People who say footballers don't earn their wages... on 10:43 - Mar 10 with 3812 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...no one can argue that our players havent 100% earned their pay cuts.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:46]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:47 - Mar 10 with 3775 viewsHerbivore

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:43 - Mar 10 by Ace_High1

If I was Chambers I would jump at the chance to finish my career in the US. Much better lifestyle, would earn about the same here.

Much better lifestyle?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:48 - Mar 10 with 3764 viewsIpswichKnight

Bart won't stay. Playing in league 1 will end his international career so his agent is probably already talking to clubs about next season.
Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:56 - Mar 10 with 3727 viewscbower

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:48 - Mar 10 by IpswichKnight

Bart won't stay. Playing in league 1 will end his international career so his agent is probably already talking to clubs about next season.

On his form for most of this season, he'd never make another squad anyway. I know he was good yesterday btw.

bluescouser

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:07 - Mar 10 with 3677 viewsRadlett_blue

Hefty Wage Cuts on 10:40 - Mar 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bart won't take a pay cut.

Not sure Chambo would earn a fortune in the MLS. Might be a lifestyle option.

Think we'll be ok re sears, as he'll be out until winter.

As you say, no one will touch Huws.

Edit; hadnt read front page article when I wrote this.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:42]

I don't know if Bart's contract has a relegation clause, but I sure hope it does as otherwise he'll be unshiftable on £20k a week, given his woeful form this season.
We can only hope that Sears & the likes of Morris & Folami recover properly from their injuries.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:12 - Mar 10 with 3647 viewsSuperblue95

When he was in the form of his life he still barely had an international career

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:20 - Mar 10 with 3601 viewsBent_double

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:07 - Mar 10 by Radlett_blue

I don't know if Bart's contract has a relegation clause, but I sure hope it does as otherwise he'll be unshiftable on £20k a week, given his woeful form this season.
We can only hope that Sears & the likes of Morris & Folami recover properly from their injuries.

You'd hope it would - the article mentions 'all senior players facing a wage cut', and Bart's new contract was only signed last year, so he'll either have to accept it or ask for a transfer back to the Championship or maybe even PL.

So what do we reckon the wage bill will be dropping to in L1? What was it last season - £17-18m? That was with Didz, Waggy, Webster though, but I imagine it will need to go down to £11-12m for L1.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:31 - Mar 10 with 3547 viewsxrayspecs

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:20 - Mar 10 by Bent_double

You'd hope it would - the article mentions 'all senior players facing a wage cut', and Bart's new contract was only signed last year, so he'll either have to accept it or ask for a transfer back to the Championship or maybe even PL.

So what do we reckon the wage bill will be dropping to in L1? What was it last season - £17-18m? That was with Didz, Waggy, Webster though, but I imagine it will need to go down to £11-12m for L1.

Bent-double

We have a much larger squad compared to last season.

Dids and Waghorn would have been on good money, not so sure about Webster as he was stepping up a league and had vairous injuries. I am not sure he signed a new deal when here.

I reckon our wage bill will need to be closer to £7-8m as there are additional wages/turnover rules we need to follow, which do not exist in the Championship.

UPDATE

See following link. Main highlights:

Limit of 60% wages to forecast turnover (75% next season), which will be a lot lower than this year due to reduction in TV money (£6m?) and potential reduction in match day income due to lower prices / attendances (£4m). So 75% of around £8m would be £6m, roughly a third of what we spend today....

However, it looks as though ME could make a donation to ITFC to increase turnover however, it could not be a loan/repayable.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 12:07]
Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:35 - Mar 10 with 3528 viewsWickets

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:12 - Mar 10 by Superblue95

True as i seem to remember he only go in due to an injury to the Polish 3rd choice keeper, i also read a story that the polish fans dont rate him ?
Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:39 - Mar 10 with 3492 viewsBent_double

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:31 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

Bent-double

We have a much larger squad compared to last season.

Dids and Waghorn would have been on good money, not so sure about Webster as he was stepping up a league and had vairous injuries. I am not sure he signed a new deal when here.

I reckon our wage bill will need to be closer to £7-8m as there are additional wages/turnover rules we need to follow, which do not exist in the Championship.

UPDATE

See following link. Main highlights:

Limit of 60% wages to forecast turnover (75% next season), which will be a lot lower than this year due to reduction in TV money (£6m?) and potential reduction in match day income due to lower prices / attendances (£4m). So 75% of around £8m would be £6m, roughly a third of what we spend today....

However, it looks as though ME could make a donation to ITFC to increase turnover however, it could not be a loan/repayable.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi

[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 12:07]

That's the problem, isn't it - got to get the wage bill down to what, 60-70% of turnover, when it was at 108% this time last year.

Obviously we added more players than left since last season, but all of those must have pay cuts in their contracts, still to lose £10m off the wage bill and still be competitive is a massive task.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:44 - Mar 10 with 3474 viewsBlueBadger

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:12 - Mar 10 by Superblue95

Regardless of that, he's clearly far too good to be playing in League One.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:50 - Mar 10 with 3448 viewsSuperblue95

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:44 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

Regardless of that, he's clearly far too good to be playing in League One.

Based solely on this season I’d say he isn’t but form is temporary, class is permanent and all that and he definitely could be playing a fair bit higher.

Far too expensive anyway so I’d be amazed if he was still here in September

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:51 - Mar 10 with 3443 viewsBlueBadger

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:50 - Mar 10 by Superblue95

Based solely on this season I’d say he isn’t but form is temporary, class is permanent and all that and he definitely could be playing a fair bit higher.

Yeah, barring some kind of horrible injury he'll be gone by July.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:15 - Mar 10 with 3362 viewsmrshallisfit

Now watch his performances blossom. In the shop window.
Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:43 - Mar 10 with 3290 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:39 - Mar 10 by Bent_double

That's the problem, isn't it - got to get the wage bill down to what, 60-70% of turnover, when it was at 108% this time last year.

Obviously we added more players than left since last season, but all of those must have pay cuts in their contracts, still to lose £10m off the wage bill and still be competitive is a massive task.

The wage requirement excludes players who’s contracts were signed prior to last September and were for 3 years or longer - so most of the Summer signings and some existing players, notably Bart

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:51 - Mar 10 with 3269 viewsxrayspecs

Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:43 - Mar 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The wage requirement excludes players who’s contracts were signed prior to last September and were for 3 years or longer - so most of the Summer signings and some existing players, notably Bart

I am not so sure that is still true. It used to be the case and I posted this after reading a Coventry City article which made reference to it. But the article was a few years old.

Unless I have missed it, then it does not seem to appear in the current rules.

Happy to be proven wrong on this. If it is still the case, then Bart, Skuse and Chambers, Huws, Adyemi and quite a few of those signed this summer (Jackson, Nolan et al) would be excluded. The challenge then is that if you give them a new deal, then it would presumably count.
Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:53 - Mar 10 with 3261 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:51 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

I am not so sure that is still true. It used to be the case and I posted this after reading a Coventry City article which made reference to it. But the article was a few years old.

Unless I have missed it, then it does not seem to appear in the current rules.

Happy to be proven wrong on this. If it is still the case, then Bart, Skuse and Chambers, Huws, Adyemi and quite a few of those signed this summer (Jackson, Nolan et al) would be excluded. The challenge then is that if you give them a new deal, then it would presumably count.

Still very much exist

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

“However, Transitional Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons.”

Hefty Wage Cuts on 13:02 - Mar 10 with 3225 viewsxrayspecs

Hefty Wage Cuts on 12:53 - Mar 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Still very much exist

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

“However, Transitional Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons.”

I suspect that website has not been updated.

If you read the rules on the EFL website, then clause you quote no longer appears.

It used to be the case that 3 year+ contracts signed prior to the September window closing would be excluded. Unless I have missed it, t looks as though the rules have changed.
Hefty Wage Cuts on 13:09 - Mar 10 with 3196 viewsRadlett_blue

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:50 - Mar 10 by Superblue95

Has been a good shot stopper in the past, but never really commanded his area & distribution remains woeful. At his best, a decent 2nd tier keeper, no more. This season, his lack of confidence, indecision & poor communication has cost s many points.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hefty Wage Cuts on 13:10 - Mar 10 with 3193 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hefty Wage Cuts on 13:02 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

I suspect that website has not been updated.

If you read the rules on the EFL website, then clause you quote no longer appears.

It used to be the case that 3 year+ contracts signed prior to the September window closing would be excluded. Unless I have missed it, t looks as though the rules have changed.

Interesting - looking at that you’re right it’s not there, and looks to have been replaced by a provision that relegated clubs are allowed up to 75% of turnover in year 1

Phil - if you’re reading this can you clarify? Think you had also mentioned the excluded contract provision before but may have also had out of date info!

Hefty Wage Cuts on 14:26 - Mar 10 with 3069 viewsbournemouthblue

Hefty Wage Cuts on 11:20 - Mar 10 by Bent_double

was our wage budget £17 - 18 million, surely not?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hefty Wage Cuts on 14:44 - Mar 10 with 3035 viewsxrayspecs

Hefty Wage Cuts on 14:26 - Mar 10 by bournemouthblue

was our wage budget £17 - 18 million, surely not?

£18.5m last season.

I believe it includes salaries, bonuses, loyalty bonuses, signing-on fees, company national insurance contributions, any pension or insurance cover, relocation costs, any benefits in kind too. It may also include agents fees.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 14:45]
Hefty Wage Cuts on 15:12 - Mar 10 with 2949 viewsbournemouthblue

Hefty Wage Cuts on 14:44 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

£18.5m last season.

I believe it includes salaries, bonuses, loyalty bonuses, signing-on fees, company national insurance contributions, any pension or insurance cover, relocation costs, any benefits in kind too. It may also include agents fees.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 14:45]

How does that compare by League Standards?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024