Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick 12:01 - Mar 10 with 7114 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wasn't a Mick outer, but agreed that his race was run.

I think part of the problem for mick was that in the 5 years he was at PR fans of all clubs changed a little.

He took the booing personally, and although I'm against booing, it's something that happens at every club. If mick does get another club job at any point, he'll probably find that all clubs have an element of boo boys, not just ipswich.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick on 12:03 - Mar 10 with 6224 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I'm with you. Never actively wanted him out but did feel that the time was right for a change. It just so happened that the change wasn't the right one.

I happily say that I bloody love Mick, think he is a top bloke and a brilliant manager.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mick on 13:14 - Mar 10 with 6142 viewsSwansea_Blue

He lost me when he started eating babies and defecated on SBR’s statue. The rotter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick on 13:41 - Mar 10 with 6097 viewstcblue

I wonder if he's done any reflecting on his tenure, but it does annoy me that the media seem to think we had the financial ability to fire him.
Mick on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 6090 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he took it personally against the squad and the tight-knit group he created.

That was our strength so bit difficult to not respond when the booing went too far, which it did on a number of occasions.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 6069 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mick on 13:43 - Mar 10 by Darth_Koont

I think he took it personally against the squad and the tight-knit group he created.

That was our strength so bit difficult to not respond when the booing went too far, which it did on a number of occasions.

I don't agree with booing, but he'll find that all clubs do it.

Real yorkshiremen don't have such think skin ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick on 13:51 - Mar 10 with 6043 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick on 13:46 - Mar 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed. But everyone should have been aware of our specific situation off the pitch. And that made a few of the OTT moments pretty hard to accept even for me. I don't blame Mick for responding as he did.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 6023 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick on 13:41 - Mar 10 by tcblue

I wonder if he's done any reflecting on his tenure, but it does annoy me that the media seem to think we had the financial ability to fire him.

Strictly speaking it’s not correct, but saying a club has sacked someone is the language used whenever a club terminates a managers employment - be that mid-contract or by not renewing

Obviously in McCarthy’s case he ended up walking out earlier, but was effectively a result of the decision taken by the club

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mick on 16:54 - Mar 10 with 5859 viewsMullysplace1

Mick on 13:56 - Mar 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Strictly speaking it’s not correct, but saying a club has sacked someone is the language used whenever a club terminates a managers employment - be that mid-contract or by not renewing

Obviously in McCarthy’s case he ended up walking out earlier, but was effectively a result of the decision taken by the club

Mick was a good bloke. Certainly better than Keane and Jewell at getting a squad to work for him. I just hope Lambert can get the squad up to speed next season quickly, or people will be on his back after a few games into the season
Trouble is, some think we will walk the division. It wont be that easy.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick on 06:57 - Mar 11 with 5698 viewsharlingblue

He lost us as supporters when he put out a reserve team against Man United in a cup game, 8,000 supporters paid good money to support our club, he let us down, by poor team selection, couldn't give a f..k about us supporters or the game.
That was Mick, take you as you like me.
In the end, I thankyou for keeping us, boring me, in The Championship, I have had enough, if we need to play in League One, I trust that we have a good manager, a strong youth leader in Brian Glugg to have the players ready to suppliment our first team for a solid push for promotion.
Mick on 07:09 - Mar 11 with 5679 viewstcblue

Brian Glugg.
Mick on 07:37 - Mar 11 with 5641 viewsSwailsey

Mick on 06:57 - Mar 11 by harlingblue

He lost us as supporters when he put out a reserve team against Man United in a cup game, 8,000 supporters paid good money to support our club, he let us down, by poor team selection, couldn't give a f..k about us supporters or the game.
In the end, I thankyou for keeping us, boring me, in The Championship, I have had enough, if we need to play in League One, I trust that we have a good manager, a strong youth leader in Brian Glugg to have the players ready to suppliment our first team for a solid push for promotion.

He didn’t lose me then - I was there and had a throughly nice day out with my dad.

Please don’t speak for all of us.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick on 08:50 - Mar 11 with 5573 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We didn’t take 8,000 fans, and anyone that went expecting us to put out our first team needs to have a word with themselves, as it was blindingly obvious it would be a reserve lineup. Get a grip

Mick on 08:50 - Mar 11 with 5573 viewsPJH

Mick on 07:37 - Mar 11 by Swailsey

He didn’t lose me then - I was there and had a throughly nice day out with my dad.

I am also amazed that some people apparently went there expecting to see our first team.
The only surprise for me was the strength of the Man U team.
Mick on 08:54 - Mar 11 with 5564 viewsartsbossbeard

Getting annoyed about a glory hunting cup game with added half and half scarf purchasing isn't the best anti Mick argument ever.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick on 09:09 - Mar 11 with 5526 viewsBluefish

Mick on 07:37 - Mar 11 by Swailsey

I was there too, outrageous ticket pricing and ripped off for a car park but no complaints from me, we played alright. The only real surprise for the night was that Man U put out such a strong side

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick on 09:27 - Mar 11 with 5487 viewsbraveblue

Mick on 12:03 - Mar 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

I'm with you. Never actively wanted him out but did feel that the time was right for a change. It just so happened that the change wasn't the right one.

I happily say that I bloody love Mick, think he is a top bloke and a brilliant manager.

So please explain with such brilliance how did he manage to take us to our worst league finish in 50 years after 4 years in charge?
Mick on 09:30 - Mar 11 with 5477 viewsMullysplace1

Mick on 09:27 - Mar 11 by braveblue

So please explain with such brilliance how did he manage to take us to our worst league finish in 50 years after 4 years in charge?

He didnt take us down, or have you already written this season out of your history?
Mick on 09:33 - Mar 11 with 5463 viewsPositivelyPortman

Mick on 13:46 - Mar 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

He’s Irish too don’t forget. 🙄

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Mick on 09:47 - Mar 11 with 5418 viewsBent_double

The question for me was 'where should Micks loyalty lie, with ME or with the fans?'

He chose to be a model employee and not say a bad word against his boss, instead he opted to have a go back at the fans who were giving him abuse.

Some will say that was the right way to act, others will disagree, football as we know is different to most other businesses, where your customers will still turn up regardless and pay every other week rather than go to a competitor, but they will let their feeling be known if they're not happy.

Lambert has pretty much gone down the other route, effectively saying the club is in a right mess and clearly pointing the finger at the management, whilst praising the fans at every opportunity.

I think if Mick had been a bit more honest with fans and admitted that the owner needed to put more money in to improve the footballing side of things, he would have got an easier ride from most fans.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Mick on 10:20 - Mar 11 with 5360 viewsBryanPlug

Mick on 09:33 - Mar 11 by PositivelyPortman

He’s Irish too don’t forget. 🙄

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick on 10:34 - Mar 11 with 5332 viewsRobTheMonk

The midfield of Douglas, Skuse and Hyam was when I started to think 'maybe we need a change'. I also think that he needed to take Douglas out of the firing line earlier for the players sake.

It's also hilarious that Polish Pete played in that Man United game.
Mick on 10:55 - Mar 11 with 5301 viewsNo9

MM already knew that he had similar experiences at Millwall & Wolves = fell out with the people who pay to watch
Mick on 11:18 - Mar 11 with 5291 viewsitfcjoe

It was all or nothing with Mick as Marcus's shield.

When things going well he was the hero with the £10k team, when things going badly it was all his fault.

Objectively he did a good job here, but he was bad at PR and presumably was never supported in this regard by ME and wouldn't listen anyway.

If we had a ood footballing structure around him with a proper Chief Exec/DoF who was his boss then he'd be a better fit as could be managed. He ended up unmanageable here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick on 11:20 - Mar 11 with 5285 viewsitfcjoe

Mick on 08:50 - Mar 11 by PJH

I am also amazed that some people apparently went there expecting to see our first team.
The only surprise for me was the strength of the Man U team.

I think he might have lost some of the players for a bit that night, so unfair on Luke Chambers as an example to not lead us out at Old Trafford up against Wayne Rooney and that instead he had to watch Josh Yorwerth and Piotr Malarczyk playing there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 5202 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mick on 10:55 - Mar 11 by No9

MM already knew that he had similar experiences at Millwall & Wolves = fell out with the people who pay to watch

He’s still very well regarded by Millwall - and any dislike was simply down to leaving them for ROI rather than falling out over time

Do you ever post anything that isn’t completely made up?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 12:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024