Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... 20:22 - Mar 10 with 6734 viewsKieran_Knows

... amongst the other clubs he’s been at in this piece.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/paul-hurst-reflects-ipswich-shrewsbury/
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 20:22]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:46 - Mar 10 with 5470 viewsSuperblue95

“Having had time to reflect and analyse what went wrong, I still don’t think that what we were doing was wrong”

Oof, that’ll go down well on here

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:50 - Mar 10 with 5421 viewsgtsb

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:46 - Mar 10 by Superblue95

“Having had time to reflect and analyse what went wrong, I still don’t think that what we were doing was wrong”

The man is deluded in my opinion. If it wasn't wrong why were we bottom of the league?
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:57 - Mar 10 with 5369 viewsBinner

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:50 - Mar 10 by gtsb

The man is deluded in my opinion. If it wasn't wrong why were we bottom of the league?

But we weren't rock bottom.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:58 - Mar 10 with 5375 viewsfactual_blue

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:46 - Mar 10 by Superblue95

“Having had time to reflect and analyse what went wrong, I still don’t think that what we were doing was wrong” *

*'Except maybe for the bit about the underpants'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:02 - Mar 10 with 5342 viewsgtsb

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 20:57 - Mar 10 by Binner

But we weren't rock bottom.

You know what I mean. We were struggling big time.
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:10 - Mar 10 with 5303 viewssparks

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:02 - Mar 10 by gtsb

You know what I mean. We were struggling big time.

What he started doing may have been right.

His method was however, demonstrably flawed. He failed to take the players or supporters with him and lost his nerve at the Norwich game.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:18 - Mar 10 with 5251 viewsgtsb

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:10 - Mar 10 by sparks

His method was however, demonstrably flawed. He failed to take the players or supporters with him and lost his nerve at the Norwich game.

So he was wrong then.
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:19 - Mar 10 with 5247 viewsElderGrizzly

Clickbait on their Twitter though. Quote is about Shrewsbury 🙄

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 23:45 - Mar 10 with 4909 viewsGarv

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 21:10 - Mar 10 by sparks

There's lots of things can be levelled at Hurst but losing his nerve against Norwich? Have a word.

Dropping his underperforming goalkeeper for good reason, playing Walters and playing to his strengths, trying desperately to beat the scum? His team created chances that day that should have been scored. Should have won.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 00:04 - Mar 11 with 4882 viewsJ2BLUE

'I class myself as a good man-manager, but I know I can also be quite blunt. If someone’s not performed very well, I’ll tell them. And I think that’s something some characters struggled with.'

Not buying that at all, especially as one of the main positives MM's former players say about him is that he is very honest, if you're playing sh1t he will tell you. There was a hell of a lot of smoke and plenty of respected TWTDers were screaming fire. Sounds like Hurst finally got his big break and was a bit too enthusiastic and inexperienced to take it. I'd be genuinely sympathetic if it was at another club but it wasn't and he's relegated us so he can fook himself.

*waits for PositivelyPortman to come and downvote me before he goes to bed in his Paul Hurst match worn training gear*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:08 - Mar 11 with 4641 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 00:04 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

'I class myself as a good man-manager, but I know I can also be quite blunt. If someone’s not performed very well, I’ll tell them. And I think that’s something some characters struggled with.'

Not buying that at all, especially as one of the main positives MM's former players say about him is that he is very honest, if you're playing sh1t he will tell you. There was a hell of a lot of smoke and plenty of respected TWTDers were screaming fire. Sounds like Hurst finally got his big break and was a bit too enthusiastic and inexperienced to take it. I'd be genuinely sympathetic if it was at another club but it wasn't and he's relegated us so he can fook himself.

*waits for PositivelyPortman to come and downvote me before he goes to bed in his Paul Hurst match worn training gear*

Pre-emptive uppie for good post and down vote-counter.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:13 - Mar 11 with 4635 viewschicoazul

Firstly welcome back.

Secondly, Hurst had until recently (dunno if this is still the case) managed more games than Lambert so the inexperienced excuse doesnt wash with me. He was used to working with players a level or two below wheat he had here and didnt modify his approach, didnt try to get anyone onside, and sold one of our best players withing 5 minutes of pre-season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:39 - Mar 11 with 4553 viewsOxford_Blue

Hurst was right - the players weren’t good enough.

However, the problem is, it was his team.

Slating them so publicly after the Exeter march backfired.

There were a lot of players lacking in confidence, who were struggling with the step up to the championship and he went for them.

There’s a reason you didn’t see experienced managers like Ferguson attacking his players in public.
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:54 - Mar 11 with 4507 viewshampstead_blue

I'm still of the opinion that he was out of his depth.

Management is about managing people. His style was immature and lacked elegance.
Telling us that he is too honest shows he has not taken on-board any of his own failings.

To walk into an established group and tell them they are not good enough, when you are very inexperienced and still in your formative management years, is ridiculous.

He showed an arrogance and lack of intellect. If he has not grasped that then he won't succeed.

ME said he was taking a risk. It was more than that! He was tearing up all of MM's hard work.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 08:33 - Mar 11 with 4421 viewstractorboy1978

His statement is a contradiction in itself. How can you be a good man manager if you are blunt with everyone? And Captain Doig by all accounts was even more blunt.
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:35 - Mar 11 with 4338 viewsbraveblue

Reads well. Honest guy. Blame Evans for the position he was in. He made mistakes but the senior players should be ashamed.
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:36 - Mar 11 with 4324 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:35 - Mar 11 by braveblue

Reads well. Honest guy. Blame Evans for the position he was in. He made mistakes but the senior players should be ashamed.

Ashamed for what?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:40 - Mar 11 with 4309 viewsLord_Lucan

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:36 - Mar 11 by artsbossbeard

Ashamed for what?

If you remember, our friend and bright young amateur footballing coach - the one that finds it impossible to watch a game from behind the goal - called PH out after the first five minutes of the first game.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:47 - Mar 11 with 4272 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:40 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

If you remember, our friend and bright young amateur footballing coach - the one that finds it impossible to watch a game from behind the goal - called PH out after the first five minutes of the first game.

He did!! He was in corporate last home game and gave us all a royal wave from up in the gods. I think it was a royal wave anyway.

Just wondering what the senior players had to be ashamed of in regard to the previous post.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 10:19 - Mar 11 with 4164 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:13 - Mar 11 by chicoazul

Firstly welcome back.

Secondly, Hurst had until recently (dunno if this is still the case) managed more games than Lambert so the inexperienced excuse doesnt wash with me. He was used to working with players a level or two below wheat he had here and didnt modify his approach, didnt try to get anyone onside, and sold one of our best players withing 5 minutes of pre-season.

I think you're right. Hurst's approach - which seemed to be that every player was starting from scratch with him - probably didn't sit well with players like Bart & Knudsen, who had both come back from a World Cup.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 10:25 - Mar 11 with 4142 viewschicoazul

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 10:19 - Mar 11 by Radlett_blue

I think you're right. Hurst's approach - which seemed to be that every player was starting from scratch with him - probably didn't sit well with players like Bart & Knudsen, who had both come back from a World Cup.

AKA the Brian Clough at Leeds approach.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 11:26 - Mar 11 with 4031 viewsGarv

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:54 - Mar 11 by hampstead_blue

Management is about managing people. His style was immature and lacked elegance.
Telling us that he is too honest shows he has not taken on-board any of his own failings.

To walk into an established group and tell them they are not good enough, when you are very inexperienced and still in your formative management years, is ridiculous.

He showed an arrogance and lack of intellect. If he has not grasped that then he won't succeed.

ME said he was taking a risk. It was more than that! He was tearing up all of MM's hard work.

I think part of the problem was that for the last 5 or 6 years the team had constantly been told how good they were, when really they'd underperformed for three years.

To go from a manager who is your best mate to a manager who tells you some home truths looking on with fresh eyes. I think it was a culture shock. Chambers admitted some players were too comfortable. Some hadn't been challenged for a place in the team for two years.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 11:30 - Mar 11 with 4012 viewsartsbossbeard

"Hi Everyone, I'm still unemployed. Form an orderly queue this way".

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 11:32 - Mar 11 with 4002 viewsitfcjoe

He talks too much, and talks himself around in riddles - it's like his press conferences got here when he begins to doubt himself and keeps talking around the point.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 11:52 - Mar 11 with 3927 viewspatrickswell

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:54 - Mar 11 by hampstead_blue

Throw into the mix his pre-season quote about “There’s players here with big reputations, I haven’t seen it yet” and he was always on the back foot especially if he and Doig had gone in on a war footing from the off.
He possibly thought that the players would think, “Is he talking about me? I’ll show him...”, but it appears that most of them thought, “He doesn’t rate me. Why should I bother for him.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024