Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I reckon under Lambo we would be 11:18 - Mar 11 with 2309 viewsCoco

Pushing for the play-offs this season had he joined in June. In hindsight Hurst was a bad choice but had Lambert jouned instead most fans would’ve seen it as an uninspiring side step. I think the owner and fans needed the disaster to reassess our values.

More excited about the club now than i have been for many years and have full faith in Lambert. I look forward to match day now. We have no devine right to success but i feel i have something i can get right behind. COYB

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 11:28 - Mar 11 with 2266 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer, but he's only good at press conferences and inviting legends to the training ground.

Or something like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 12:01 - Mar 11 with 2206 viewstextbackup

Given the summer transfer window and pre season, and an entire season, we would definitely not be finishing in the bottom 3 under PL.

As it is we are going to take one step back to take a couple forwards, not ideal, but personally believe we are now about to embark on a good fun exciting journey

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 12:59 - Mar 11 with 2067 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 11:28 - Mar 11 by Kieran_Knows

Yer, but he's only good at press conferences and inviting legends to the training ground.

Or something like that.

Yes, a completely theoretical post sure proves those doubters wrong eh?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 13:03 - Mar 11 with 2052 viewsTractorCam

But had he have been appointed in the summer, pretty much everyone would have been very upset given his recent relegation when we wanted the younger upcoming manager. I thought it was a shrewd appointment when announced in October but wouldn't have been impressed in May.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 13:05 - Mar 11 with 2038 viewsKieran_Knows

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 12:59 - Mar 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, a completely theoretical post sure proves those doubters wrong eh?

Yes.

Something like that anyway.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 22:15 - Mar 11 with 1797 viewswarkthisway

Why ? Worst all time record for an Ipswich Manager . West Brom have had the guts to do the right thing - we are going nowhere .

bentnkuqi

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 22:46 - Mar 11 with 1755 viewswarkthisway

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 12:01 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Given the summer transfer window and pre season, and an entire season, we would definitely not be finishing in the bottom 3 under PL.

As it is we are going to take one step back to take a couple forwards, not ideal, but personally believe we are now about to embark on a good fun exciting journey

Deluded

bentnkuqi

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 22:48 - Mar 11 with 1750 viewsHerbivore

What on earth are you basing that on? He's won 2 games in half a season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 23:47 - Mar 11 with 1687 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 22:48 - Mar 11 by Herbivore

What on earth are you basing that on? He's won 2 games in half a season.

His record has not been good but he needs to be given a chance with his own players.

I am encouraged by the ones he did get in and the fact we seem to be playing better football and making fewer diabolical mistakes.

That said, we are lacking a goal threat and we are still not winning games.

For me the jury is still out on him, but we do need to give him a chance now he is here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 23:49 - Mar 11 with 1682 viewsHerbivore

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 23:47 - Mar 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

His record has not been good but he needs to be given a chance with his own players.

I am encouraged by the ones he did get in and the fact we seem to be playing better football and making fewer diabolical mistakes.

That said, we are lacking a goal threat and we are still not winning games.

For me the jury is still out on him, but we do need to give him a chance now he is here.

I agree with much of that. However, claiming he'd have us top 6 if he'd joined in June is just barmy imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 23:57 - Mar 11 with 1673 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 23:49 - Mar 11 by Herbivore

I agree with much of that. However, claiming he'd have us top 6 if he'd joined in June is just barmy imo.

Yes, there is no evidence whatsoever for that.

Also, I wonder how we would feel if a manager had made us combative but mid-table. Very much more of the same from what came before.

There has only been one way out of this division for us for some time now. MM so nearly bucked that trend but couldn't quite make it. The previous longest serving Championship club before us was Coventry City I believe. Let's hope our future is much better than theirs has been.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 03:02 - Mar 12 with 1622 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

It's all hypothetical but look at the statistics. Lambert was appointed what, October of last year, and the team has what, two or three wins from it ? (Largely fortunate in those victories it could be argued)

Hurst did damage, but suggesting Lambert could have taken the team to within a promotion opportunity on the basis of his results thus far seems fanciful if not bizarre. What we got IS a name that IS taking the club into the third league of English "football" for the first instance in some 60 + years. Some WILL hold Lambert largely responsible for that fall from grace, whether you want to agree or disagree. How many games was Hurst in charge of team affairs ? How many has Lambert overseen ?

Evans of course must take his share of blame, that there is the root cause of why the club finds itself where it's at, but for someone who selects the team and formations, works with the players week after week etc, the manager has to be culpable for any situation.
I reckon under Lambo we would be on 09:02 - Mar 12 with 1478 viewsTractorWood

Would we have won an away game? P21 W2 D6 L13

Probably the poorest record in the football league. I don't think £3m of Quaner's, Collins' and such like in July would have made much difference.

I remember when he was appointed, the usual suspects were over the moon as it represented as being all but safe. Expectations managed down accordingly we are now looking at an alleged competitive season in a league we've never played in with probably an average budget.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 09:10 - Mar 12 with 1458 viewssuffolkpoker

It really depended on the strikers who he brought to the club.

He has spent heavily on 2 strikers. the better one is now injured again.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

I reckon under Lambo we would be on 09:27 - Mar 12 with 1432 viewscatch74

Big fan of what Lambert is saying, just needs some results to sway any doubters, a few wins in these last games would help.
The main issue we’ve had is timing of Hursts appointment (leaving aside Hursts failings too) , we really needed someone in when MM left, give them a chance to bed in, full summer and pre-season. Look st scum, a lot of them wanted Farke gone midway through last season. (And look at the players he had available v Lambert)Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Hurst was clearly Evans choice all along and that dictated timing. Sometimes we forget there’s a finite number of choices and timings of choices, dwindling each year as we drop down the pecking order. I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts on anyone better then Lambert we could have have in place at the moment.
He’s been left no goal scorers a growing injury list and a notoriously difficult January transfer to rectify that. I think the other ex-scum manager has done well in that time period at Preston but he’d had long enough there to really assess what was needed, what he could get.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024