Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexodus strikes London 15:14 - Mar 11 with 1348 viewsMoriarty

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/dublin-in-a-league-of-its

Nero allegedly fiddled while Rome burned. From the outside looking in, and I don’t mean to be unkind, but your leader and cabinet look out of their depth while your country bleeds.

Isn’t it about time she cut the BS and went back to people?

fka omuircheartaigh

Brexodus strikes London on 15:34 - Mar 11 with 1294 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't think the EU want the short-term upheaval of a no-deal Brexit or even a May deal. But there's no doubt that they'll win in the mid- to long term.

As we move from partner to competitor, the UK is pretty much ceding market share overnight in many industries and will be crippled when it needs to start becoming more competitive.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexodus strikes London on 16:06 - Mar 11 with 1258 viewsMoriarty

Brexodus strikes London on 15:34 - Mar 11 by Darth_Koont

I don't think the EU want the short-term upheaval of a no-deal Brexit or even a May deal. But there's no doubt that they'll win in the mid- to long term.

As we move from partner to competitor, the UK is pretty much ceding market share overnight in many industries and will be crippled when it needs to start becoming more competitive.

I’d imagine Britain not being in the EU would damage her competitiveness significantly.

I’m not sure if there are different variables between Scotland, Wales and England but the North of Ireland, a subsidized State, will cost Westminster a whole lot of bucks if and when the UK leaves.

The figures in the article should be alarming. And yet the tragic comedy goes on.

fka omuircheartaigh

Brexodus strikes London on 16:41 - Mar 11 with 1228 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexodus strikes London on 16:06 - Mar 11 by Moriarty

I’d imagine Britain not being in the EU would damage her competitiveness significantly.

I’m not sure if there are different variables between Scotland, Wales and England but the North of Ireland, a subsidized State, will cost Westminster a whole lot of bucks if and when the UK leaves.

The figures in the article should be alarming. And yet the tragic comedy goes on.

Wales should cost Westminster a whole loads of bucks if the EU funds were to be replaced like-for-like. But they won't be, so it'll probably be bad news over this side of the UK.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexodus strikes London on 16:56 - Mar 11 with 1199 viewsMoriarty

Brexodus strikes London on 16:41 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Wales should cost Westminster a whole loads of bucks if the EU funds were to be replaced like-for-like. But they won't be, so it'll probably be bad news over this side of the UK.

I presume the population of Wales includes a volume of English but that aside, I presume the Welsh will tie their fate to London and aren’t interested in independence? Would Wales look for independence if it was the only option of staying in the EU? I’m assuming not, although I can’t recall if Wales as a country voted leave or remain.

fka omuircheartaigh

Brexodus strikes London on 17:17 - Mar 11 with 1173 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexodus strikes London on 16:56 - Mar 11 by Moriarty

I presume the population of Wales includes a volume of English but that aside, I presume the Welsh will tie their fate to London and aren’t interested in independence? Would Wales look for independence if it was the only option of staying in the EU? I’m assuming not, although I can’t recall if Wales as a country voted leave or remain.

No chance of independence. I think they'd need a strong nationalist party to be cheerleader, but Plaid Cymru are largely insignificant. And as you say there's a huge number on non-natives in Wales, I think it's around 25% and most of those are English. There's also strong unionist support amongst the endemic Welsh. Language is key in Wales - welsh speakers would be in favour of independence but are in the minority. Non-Welsh speakers tend to oppose welsh speakers on a point of principle (for no obvious reason I can work out) and are sympathetic to the Union.

Wales was Leave in the referendum, quite strongly I believe. I've no idea where people stand on it now though and whether that views the same. I suspect it is as Wales has a lot of residents in the prime Leave-voting categories: retired English nationalists readers, the strong unionist support, lots of poverty and poor educational attainment with people feeling left behind and easily swayed by the 'stick one up the elite' arguments of Leave, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexodus strikes London on 18:13 - Mar 11 with 1120 viewsbackwaywhen

False news ......nothing in this !
Brexodus strikes London on 20:51 - Mar 11 with 1051 viewsEireannach_gorm

Making Ireland great!

The reality is that Brexit will also hurt Ireland badly.

Agriculture will be worst area to be affected which will really hammer the economy.
https://www.thejournal.ie/brexit-donohoe-jobs-4465080-Jan2019/

oops
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 18:08]
Brexodus strikes London on 21:01 - Mar 11 with 1035 viewsNo9

"Isn’t it about time she cut the BS and went back to people?"

Yes but there are very many wealthy people who are making too much money out of this basically it is fcuk the lower orders
Login to get fewer ads

Brexodus strikes London on 21:04 - Mar 11 with 1029 viewsfooters

Brexodus strikes London on 18:13 - Mar 11 by backwaywhen

False news ......nothing in this !

Thanks for your reassurances. Presumably you are on the negotiating team, or have a high-level inside source? Or is it just a feeling, maaaan?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024