Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... 15:45 - Mar 11 with 9322 viewsSitfcB

....plus he has to pay Grealish £100 compensation

Banned from football for ten years.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 15:52 - Mar 11 with 4563 viewsITFC_Forever

And that's on top of Birmingham City banning him for life as well.

(Clubs can ban someone, even if the courts haven't done so).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 15:54 - Mar 11 with 4549 viewsBiGDonnie

Imagine getting so wound up by 22 blokes kicking a ball around you feel you had to do what he did.

Simpleton.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 15:54 - Mar 11 with 4552 viewsLord_Lucan

I think he is very lucky. I would have expected him to get 12 months for that.

He's lucky he didn't get done for inciting a riot.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 15:58 - Mar 11 with 4515 viewsTractorCam

He has to pay a man £100 who scored a winner against his team, boy I hope that's a face to face transaction!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 15:59 - Mar 11 with 4514 viewsBergholtblue

I'm glad it was a custodial sentence, although would have liked to have seen longer, to send a clear message to any other idiots out there.

Banned from Birmingham for life, but is that enforceable? I'm sure that are ways and means of getting a ticket.

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:10 - Mar 11 with 4463 viewsBrixtonBlue

My initial reaction to some saying Birmingham should be docked points was that's ridiculous and unfair on all the decent supporters just because of one idiot's actions. But then hearing Alan Shearer suggesting just that on MOTD changed my mind. It would still be harsh but it would be a massive deterrent, and you probably need such a deterrent before someone gets stabbed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:12 - Mar 11 with 4436 viewsSE1blue

what about the steward?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:12 - Mar 11 with 4437 viewsLord_Lucan

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:10 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

My initial reaction to some saying Birmingham should be docked points was that's ridiculous and unfair on all the decent supporters just because of one idiot's actions. But then hearing Alan Shearer suggesting just that on MOTD changed my mind. It would still be harsh but it would be a massive deterrent, and you probably need such a deterrent before someone gets stabbed.

Stabbed?

Whatever you do Dolly don't overreact will you.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:16 - Mar 11 with 4402 viewsartsbossbeard

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:12 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

Stabbed?

I suspect you're 2 posts away from using the line:

I bid you good day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:17 - Mar 11 with 4393 viewsfooters

Seems very lenient to me. Should have been made an example of. Won't he probably only end up doing seven?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 16:19]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:19 - Mar 11 with 4361 viewsBrixtonBlue

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:12 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

Stabbed?

Just repeating what the panel on MOTD were hinting at. With the problems of knife crime in this country it's not that hard to imagine is it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:20 - Mar 11 with 4342 viewsSE1blue

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:17 - Mar 11 by footers

Seems very lenient to me. Should have been made an example of. Won't he probably only end up doing seven?

I'd be more troubled by having my passport taken away each time when England play...

Wasn't there someone on here who had to go through that for going on the pitch at Norwich?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:21 - Mar 11 with 4334 viewsfooters

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:19 - Mar 11 by BrixtonBlue

Just repeating what the panel on MOTD were hinting at. With the problems of knife crime in this country it's not that hard to imagine is it?

Could see it happening in the Sheffield derby. Plenty of blades about.

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:22 - Mar 11 with 4324 viewsartsbossbeard

Being banned from Birmingham for life sounds an upside to me.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:24 - Mar 11 with 4297 viewschicoazul

I really hope Grealish posts a picture of the cheque or whatever on his Instagram.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:28 - Mar 11 with 4255 viewsballycastle

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:17 - Mar 11 by footers

Not sure that prison is correct, we are constantly told that prison should be about rehabilitation not punishment, it seems that breaking the law at a football match is one of the last crimes where punishment is dished out as justice .
14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:32 - Mar 11 with 4224 viewsRIPbobby

Impossible to understand if this is the correct punishment or not.
14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:32 - Mar 11 with 4222 viewsfooters

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:28 - Mar 11 by ballycastle

Not sure that prison is correct, we are constantly told that prison should be about rehabilitation not punishment, it seems that breaking the law at a football match is one of the last crimes where punishment is dished out as justice .

It was assault. Not only assault either- a cowardly one, from behind to someone unsuspecting (and tiny). Being at a football match shouldn't lessen that.

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:33 - Mar 11 with 4215 viewsJakeITFC

It is a bit of a leap, yes.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:34 - Mar 11 with 4207 viewsJakeITFC

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:34 - Mar 11 with 4202 viewsstrikalite

Thought he may have been a day tripper but to hear he was a ST holder for 20 years was surprising.....not drunk either...

Phil Neville talking about bringing fences back ffs, how many games are played over a season and how many incidents like this?
14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:37 - Mar 11 with 4174 viewsJ2BLUE

Seems incredibly lenient. Grealish now needs to think of the most amusing piss take way to spend his money. I wonder if they have a brick inscription thing at Villa Park...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:37 - Mar 11 with 4170 viewsSwansea_Blue

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:28 - Mar 11 by ballycastle

I've no idea if the sentence is appropriate or not. I am surprised at how quickly it was dealt with though. Call me cynical, but it was a nice easy one to play out a 'get tough on crime' message in the public domain.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:38 - Mar 11 with 4169 viewsballycastle

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:32 - Mar 11 by footers

It was assault. Not only assault either- a cowardly one, from behind to someone unsuspecting (and tiny). Being at a football match shouldn't lessen that.

Was the assault as vicious as the assault by Ben Stokes? Did he continue the assault after the victim was unconscious? Double standards abound .
14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:46 - Mar 11 with 4094 viewsfooters

14 weeks in prison for that Birmingham fan... on 16:38 - Mar 11 by ballycastle

Was the assault as vicious as the assault by Ben Stokes? Did he continue the assault after the victim was unconscious? Double standards abound .

Don't follow cricket so didn't really see the story. If that's what happened and he didn't get jailed then that is frankly shocking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024