Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dna ancestry 15:59 - Mar 11 with 2997 viewsjaykay

has any one done this yet ?
the kids got me one for christmas, and now have back the results
certain posters who are ukipers or extreme right wingers might like to know i am only 20%
english, but the good news i only 2% french .
the test shows a map of england highlighting south of england from the wash down to gloucester as where my english dna comes from.
23% comes from ,well the clue is Kukri

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

dna ancestry on 16:22 - Mar 11 with 2939 viewsWithnail

Yeah yeah, but are you their dad?
dna ancestry on 16:24 - Mar 11 with 2948 viewsSE1blue

Known as Match.com in Norfolk.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

dna ancestry on 16:32 - Mar 11 with 2931 viewsSwansea_Blue

Indian sub continent roots?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

dna ancestry on 16:34 - Mar 11 with 2927 viewschicoazul

Soylent Green is people!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 16:59 - Mar 11 with 2889 views_

dna ancestry on 16:59 - Mar 11 with 2885 viewsfloridablue

My results with US company 23andme came back as....
39% British/Irish and 40% German/French plus others.
I'm now suffering with an ID crisis who to cheer for..damm!
dna ancestry on 18:47 - Mar 11 with 2775 viewsjaykay

dna ancestry on 16:32 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Indian sub continent roots?

cat mun do lol

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

dna ancestry on 18:50 - Mar 11 with 2767 viewsfooters

Yes, did one as my dad is adopted so we had little to go on bar his parents being Danish nationals.

76.4% Irish, Scots, Welsh
7.3% Scaninavian
9.3% Baltic
7.0% Balkan

Voted Remain.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

dna ancestry on 19:04 - Mar 11 with 2747 viewsnorth_stand77

Yes I have. 53% British, 13% of different African countries (taken for slave trade, which I didn't know before, to Jamaica before my great grandfather moved to England) the rest are Western Europe( German, Scandinavian etc) but very much from East Anglia.

I have been contacted by 3 others sharing my DNA and gained loads more information about my family as a result, particularly about my African/ caribbean background. I knew we were part Jamaican but not Afrcan. I found it really interesting.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 19:32]
dna ancestry on 19:32 - Mar 11 with 2709 viewsbluejake78

Grant Holt did one and was 50% Congo pygmy and 50% Gloucester Old Spot.
dna ancestry on 19:34 - Mar 11 with 2699 viewstcblue

I heard Benters did one of these and it came back negative
dna ancestry on 19:49 - Mar 11 with 2670 viewsjaykay

dna ancestry on 16:22 - Mar 11 by Withnail

Yeah yeah, but are you their dad?

i know you are troll, but never knew you were not well educated. the clue is ancestry not people who were born after me

dna ancestry on 19:56 - Mar 11 with 2655 viewsswede

I have been researching my family history for over twenty years using the traditional route of researching parish records, census returns and Birth, Marriage & Death certificates. I have researched most of my ancestral lines going back at least three centuries so I was confident of my roots.
I took the Ancestry DNA test a few months ago and it confirmed my research. I am -
83% English which was narrowed down to East Anglia & North East England. (Mum's family are all Suffolk & Dad was from Newcastle.
10% Scottish. My 3x great grandmother was from the Highlands.
7% French. I am fairly sure where this fits into my Suffolk line.

There are three types of DNA test. Ancestry uses what is known as an "autosomal test" (Google it!) which both men and women can take and can be used to link with others who share similar DNA. It is however only really effective for the last 400 years of your family.

A DNA test will not provide you with a family tree, that can only be done through detailed research, but it is interesting to see ethnic origins and many people have found very surprising results.
dna ancestry on 20:06 - Mar 11 with 2628 viewsfooters

dna ancestry on 19:56 - Mar 11 by swede

I have been researching my family history for over twenty years using the traditional route of researching parish records, census returns and Birth, Marriage & Death certificates. I have researched most of my ancestral lines going back at least three centuries so I was confident of my roots.
I took the Ancestry DNA test a few months ago and it confirmed my research. I am -
83% English which was narrowed down to East Anglia & North East England. (Mum's family are all Suffolk & Dad was from Newcastle.
10% Scottish. My 3x great grandmother was from the Highlands.
7% French. I am fairly sure where this fits into my Suffolk line.

There are three types of DNA test. Ancestry uses what is known as an "autosomal test" (Google it!) which both men and women can take and can be used to link with others who share similar DNA. It is however only really effective for the last 400 years of your family.

A DNA test will not provide you with a family tree, that can only be done through detailed research, but it is interesting to see ethnic origins and many people have found very surprising results.

Interesting, cheers. Good to know there's at least some sense to the tests. Was unsure whether they were a swizz or not.

So, is your username a nod to the noble root veg or to your new home, or neither?!

dna ancestry on 20:11 - Mar 11 with 2609 viewsswede

dna ancestry on 20:06 - Mar 11 by footers

Interesting, cheers. Good to know there's at least some sense to the tests. Was unsure whether they were a swizz or not.

So, is your username a nod to the noble root veg or to your new home, or neither?!

My user name is a nod to Swede Herring the ITFC mascot who used to walk around PR before matches in the 1960/70's warming up the crowd. TWTD!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 20:13]
dna ancestry on 20:15 - Mar 11 with 2577 viewsfooters

dna ancestry on 20:11 - Mar 11 by swede

My user name is a nod to Swede Herring the ITFC mascot who used to walk around PR before matches in the 1960/70's warming up the crowd. TWTD!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 20:13]

You learn something new every day! Thanks :)

dna ancestry on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 2527 viewsPerublue

My grandfather was in charge of a platoon of Gurkhas when he was in India and Burma during the war and i if i recall correctly the knife he brought into my primary school for a talk for my classmates ...unimagianble now,i know ..... was called a Kukri...the boomerang shaped knife.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024