Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? 09:32 - Mar 12 with 1991 viewsGeoffSentence

EADT are reporting that Quaner is on the mid to long term injury list.

Who else have we got?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 1940 viewsJon_456

Hopefully that’s the last we see of Quaner.

Has the touch of a crossbar.
Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 1942 viewsSteve_M

I didn't think Harrison was too far away from being fit after his hamstring injury but not seen a recent update.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:46 - Mar 12 with 1920 viewsDarth_Koont

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:42 - Mar 12 by Jon_456

Hopefully that’s the last we see of Quaner.

Has the touch of a crossbar.

Really? I think he's got decent touch — and more importantly better than any other striker we have bar Keane.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 1916 viewscaught-in-limbo

Can't give you an answer, I'm afraid. Just to say that when we've had a bit of an injury crisis under Jewell, Keane, McCarthy and now Lambert, they have all had their hands forced to play the only available players. If memory serves me well, this has usually provided an upturn in energy, more passion and perhaps better results too. Maybe this says something about the calibre of the managers we've had in recent years - either their first instincts are pretty poor, or perhaps they're quite good at keeping those who don't play regularly motivated to perform when eventually given the chance.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:56 - Mar 12 with 1862 viewscatch74

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:47 - Mar 12 by caught-in-limbo

Can't give you an answer, I'm afraid. Just to say that when we've had a bit of an injury crisis under Jewell, Keane, McCarthy and now Lambert, they have all had their hands forced to play the only available players. If memory serves me well, this has usually provided an upturn in energy, more passion and perhaps better results too. Maybe this says something about the calibre of the managers we've had in recent years - either their first instincts are pretty poor, or perhaps they're quite good at keeping those who don't play regularly motivated to perform when eventually given the chance.

Think you’re right, seem to remember, but I’m often wrong, better results with Jewell when Hyam and Drury played (rather bizarrely!) Didn’t we have a big defensive crisis during the flying start last season too?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:57 - Mar 12 with 1858 viewsSwansea_Blue

We only need 1 (seriously). We've got plenty of midfielders who can support him. Part of the problem has been all the chopping and changing. Give jackson a run with a settled midfield behind and let's see if we can build a bit of momentum towards the end of the season. It'll help us going into the summer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 10:19 - Mar 12 with 1773 viewsBasuco

Kayden was limping badly and looked in considerable pain for the last 10 minutes on Saturday also Teddy Bishop had an ice pack on his calf/ankle when he came over to the fans after the game. Both could be doubts.
Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 10:26 - Mar 12 with 1723 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Absolutely gutting that both Folami and Morris are also on the long term injury list as they would have at least added some more interest for the rest of the season for the fans if they're needed to be thrown on with 20 to go.

Jackson has been let down by his horrendous 1st touch and managers who seem intent on playing him as a lone striker.. Which he clearly isn't. If he was played alongside someone like Keane then I suspect we'd have seen a more effective Jackson than the one we've seen.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 10:42 - Mar 12 with 1660 viewsSteve_M

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 10:26 - Mar 12 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Absolutely gutting that both Folami and Morris are also on the long term injury list as they would have at least added some more interest for the rest of the season for the fans if they're needed to be thrown on with 20 to go.

Jackson has been let down by his horrendous 1st touch and managers who seem intent on playing him as a lone striker.. Which he clearly isn't. If he was played alongside someone like Keane then I suspect we'd have seen a more effective Jackson than the one we've seen.

He played up front on his own in the second half on Saturday and was excellent; the key difference was us playing the ball into him wide rather than just lumping it which worked to his strengths. We saw the same with Quaner in his good 20 minutes at Villa Park.

That touch of Jackson's can still be horrific of course, suspect we've had him working hard on that in training.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 10:44 - Mar 12 with 1648 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 10:42 - Mar 12 by Steve_M

He played up front on his own in the second half on Saturday and was excellent; the key difference was us playing the ball into him wide rather than just lumping it which worked to his strengths. We saw the same with Quaner in his good 20 minutes at Villa Park.

That touch of Jackson's can still be horrific of course, suspect we've had him working hard on that in training.

As a former coach of mine used to say about a team mate

"Every second touch is a tackle"
Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 11:13 - Mar 12 with 1537 viewsArnieM

Don’t want to be disrespectful to Quaner here , but in a way I’m almost glad he’s out of the picture for a bit. Jackson deserves his chance and he made a difference in that second half on Sat. Quaner, for me, has been a massive disappointment and I honestly don’t think we’ll miss him that much .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 11:53 - Mar 12 with 1422 viewsChocorange

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 11:13 - Mar 12 by ArnieM

Don’t want to be disrespectful to Quaner here , but in a way I’m almost glad he’s out of the picture for a bit. Jackson deserves his chance and he made a difference in that second half on Sat. Quaner, for me, has been a massive disappointment and I honestly don’t think we’ll miss him that much .

He did make the goal against Derby and won the pen at Wigan though ... We are not making or scoring many goals , could be even less without him and Keanr
Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 12:01 - Mar 12 with 1398 viewsWickets

Is Kayden Jackson our only fit striker now? on 09:56 - Mar 12 by catch74

Think you’re right, seem to remember, but I’m often wrong, better results with Jewell when Hyam and Drury played (rather bizarrely!) Didn’t we have a big defensive crisis during the flying start last season too?

Hyam and Drury did bring a lot of energy to the table, ok not great players but their effort could not be doubted .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024