Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. 10:28 - Mar 12 with 2420 viewsSitfcB

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8608657/drug-footballer-josh-yorwerth-fa
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 10:28]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 10:33 - Mar 12 with 2369 viewsSwansea_Blue

Such a shame and a waste

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 10:42 - Mar 12 with 2322 viewsKieran_Knows

Very sad state of affairs.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 10:51 - Mar 12 with 2294 viewschicoazul

He sounds like a dickhead.

“I was miles better than what I had in front of me,” he says. “The manager was very arrogant with me and I couldn’t take it. I was fuming."

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 10:52 - Mar 12 with 2284 viewsSamWhiteUK

Sorry state of affairs, but he does sound a bit of a tw@t as well
Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 11:29 - Mar 12 with 2199 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hope he finds the strength to finally take responsibility and get recovered.

Sounds like he has a bad attitude, this stood out to me;

“I was miles better than what I had in front of me,” he says. “The manager was very arrogant with me and I couldn’t take it. I was fuming."

Yes he has problems, but he needs to take responsibility for his actions.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 11:30 - Mar 12 with 2189 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 10:51 - Mar 12 by chicoazul

He sounds like a dickhead.

Yes, that stood out to me. Surprising that he put it like that given where he now finds himself and the fact that the manager (a very successful player) had often smelt alcohol on him in training.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:09 - Mar 12 with 2086 viewsReuser_is_God

He’s a tw@t.

I’m struggling to have any sympathy with him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

"13-hour benders" on 12:15 - Mar 12 with 2051 viewsDyland

lightweight

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:21 - Mar 12 with 2024 viewsIpswich1984

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 11:29 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hope he finds the strength to finally take responsibility and get recovered.

Sounds like he has a bad attitude, this stood out to me;

Yes he has problems, but he needs to take responsibility for his actions.

I am wondering if the Sun are printing it verbatim or taking a bit of licence with how he has put some of what he said.

Stupid thing to say if he did put it that way!

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:23 - Mar 12 with 2019 viewsDeano69

“When you’re a youngster and at academy level you feel supported by welfare officers, but when you become a pro you’re left to it,” he explains.

Too much too young. Not sure even the parents can keep any form of control in those Youth years either, often players are away from home. However, at some point you have to take a level of responsibility for your own actions.

I still believe the competitive nature of a sportsman makes them susceptible to gambling addition. They have a small bet, few pounds, win or lose the competitive nature then says I lost so double the bet to get it back and more, or I won lets lump on as I am clearly better that the bookies.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:31 - Mar 12 with 1980 viewsSpruceMoose

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:09 - Mar 12 by Reuser_is_God

He’s a tw@t.

I’m struggling to have any sympathy with him.

The state of his facial hair too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:45 - Mar 12 with 1931 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:23 - Mar 12 by Deano69

“When you’re a youngster and at academy level you feel supported by welfare officers, but when you become a pro you’re left to it,” he explains.

Too much too young. Not sure even the parents can keep any form of control in those Youth years either, often players are away from home. However, at some point you have to take a level of responsibility for your own actions.

I still believe the competitive nature of a sportsman makes them susceptible to gambling addition. They have a small bet, few pounds, win or lose the competitive nature then says I lost so double the bet to get it back and more, or I won lets lump on as I am clearly better that the bookies.

I wonder how its approached in the academy?

They should use stories like Yowerth and many other examples as to how betting can and does ruin their careers / lives, and really hammer into them a no betting mentality.

Everyone knows how addictive betting is, and what damage it can cause, so if they are educated properly in the academy, they would only have themselves to blame if they fall into the trap.

If you have an addictive personality, avoid addictive pursuits in the first place!

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 1844 viewsDeano69

Good interview with Josh Yorworth about his problems.. on 12:45 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wonder how its approached in the academy?

They should use stories like Yowerth and many other examples as to how betting can and does ruin their careers / lives, and really hammer into them a no betting mentality.

Everyone knows how addictive betting is, and what damage it can cause, so if they are educated properly in the academy, they would only have themselves to blame if they fall into the trap.

If you have an addictive personality, avoid addictive pursuits in the first place!

See also Drinking Sessions and 'Celebrity' Drugs

Sad isn't it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024