Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we hope for a general election? 13:42 - Mar 12 with 2138 viewshomer_123

Charles Walker, vice chairman of the 1922 committee of Tory backbenchers, tells Radio 4's World at One programme that if the deal does not go through tonight, there "will be a general election within a matter of days or weeks".

"It is not sustainable, the current situation in Parliament," he says.

"We have backbenchers at each other’s throats.

"The country deserves more than this.

"We have to make a decision tonight and it has to be to let this deal pass."

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:43 - Mar 12 with 2126 viewsSteve_M

European ones maybe:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:44 - Mar 12 with 2117 viewsSpruceMoose

I fully expect the arrogant May to attempt to carry on regardless.

Have we ever had a more limp and flaccid PM who seems weirdly willing to weather whatever storm comes their way?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:47 - Mar 12 with 2092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

'Hope' is a strong word.

Can we 'hope' for an electable party?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:53 - Mar 12 with 2075 viewsGuthrum

The result will be another Hung Parliament. Labour will not have enough seats to form a coalition (given the SNP are unlikely to play.

Back to square one.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:54 - Mar 12 with 2061 viewsHerbivore

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:53 - Mar 12 by Guthrum

The result will be another Hung Parliament. Labour will not have enough seats to form a coalition (given the SNP are unlikely to play.

Back to square one.

This. A general election offers no real solution to the problem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:58 - Mar 12 with 2053 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:54 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

This. A general election offers no real solution to the problem.

Time for Liz to step in. Guided by the ghosts of such British greats as Churchill, that Chuckle Brother and Duncan Goodhew she can right this wayward course the UK has been charting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can we hope for a general election? on 14:26 - Mar 12 with 2011 viewsSteve_M

Back to square one.

It would at least be briefly interesting to see how both main parties define their policy on Brexit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can we hope for a general election? on 14:30 - Mar 12 with 1998 viewsFtnfwest

Can we hope for a general election? on 14:26 - Mar 12 by Steve_M

It would at least be briefly interesting to see how both main parties define their policy on Brexit.

well some of each of the main parties....
Login to get fewer ads

Can we hope for a general election? on 14:56 - Mar 12 with 1950 viewsButterbing

May should be gone after today but I've been convinced of that a few times. My 3 year old daughter does these sh1ts that somehow stick to the front of the bowl. Flushing doesn't work, sticks don't work, pushing it down with paper doesn't work. It's completely inexplicable. We just have to keep flushing and eventually they disappear. We call it "doing a Theresa".

Edit: Just to say I can actually clean a toilet properly (before I get toilet cleaning advice from somebody).
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 15:00]
Can we hope for a general election? on 14:59 - Mar 12 with 1936 viewseireblue

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:58 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

Time for Liz to step in. Guided by the ghosts of such British greats as Churchill, that Chuckle Brother and Duncan Goodhew she can right this wayward course the UK has been charting.

Possibly holding a mascot on stick shouting something suitable invoking memories of the great empire England was once was part of:

Veni, vidi, vici, maybe?
Can we hope for a general election? on 16:42 - Mar 12 with 1838 viewsbrazil1982

there "will be a general election within a matter of days or weeks".

The UK can't organise a GE in that short apce of time.
Can we hope for a general election? on 16:56 - Mar 12 with 1801 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can we hope for a general election? on 16:42 - Mar 12 by brazil1982

Oh missed this thread.....he reckoned May would have to stay and election in 6 to 7 weeks.
Or is it just the last throw of the dice to pressurise mps to back the deal tonight?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can we hope for a general election? on 17:01 - Mar 12 with 1779 viewsDubtractor

Something about strong and stable government maybe?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Can we hope for a general election? on 17:23 - Mar 12 with 1738 viewsSwansea_Blue

Back to square one.

Hanging them all and starting again sounds like a great idea. A bit like the classic TWTD solution to anything - turn it off and back on again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:11 - Mar 12 with 1685 viewsfactual_blue

Can we hope for a general election? on 16:42 - Mar 12 by brazil1982

Twenty five working days have to elapse between the dissolution of Parliament and a General Election.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:19 - Mar 12 with 1668 viewsbackwaywhen

Can we hope for a general election? on 13:44 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

I fully expect the arrogant May to attempt to carry on regardless.

Have we ever had a more limp and flaccid PM who seems weirdly willing to weather whatever storm comes their way?

She was well and truly dropped into this mess from the start , she never had a hope in hell of pleasing everybody , i for one have admired her courage to carry on , specially having to stare at that excuse of a leader or indeed man .... Corbyn.
Can we hope for a general election? on 18:21 - Mar 12 with 1661 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....quick heads up.....I think I'm going to stand in the European elections....need a pension party! (NAPP....should get the gamblers' vote)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:21 - Mar 12 with 1662 viewschicoazul

"We will renegotiate with Brussels and return with a wonderful deal and jasmines will bloom throughout the nation, comrades"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:24 - Mar 12 with 1649 viewsPinewoodblue

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:19 - Mar 12 by backwaywhen

She was well and truly dropped into this mess from the start , she never had a hope in hell of pleasing everybody , i for one have admired her courage to carry on , specially having to stare at that excuse of a leader or indeed man .... Corbyn.

QPoint of order. She hasn't dropped into anything...she jumped in feet first.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:25 - Mar 12 with 1643 viewseireblue

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:11 - Mar 12 by factual_blue

Twenty five working days have to elapse between the dissolution of Parliament and a General Election.

Maybe a better process would be

Dissolution of Parliament, wait 25 days.

Day 26: Hmm, everything still seems to be working,
Day 27: Yep, nothing collapsed yet.
Day 28: Okay civil service, do your worst.
Day 29: Hmmm, things seem to be improving, especially in Transport....
Day 30: Hello MPs, well... err... this is going to be a bit awkward but....
Can we hope for a general election? on 18:25 - Mar 12 with 1640 viewsvapour_trail

Can we hope for a general election? on 18:19 - Mar 12 by backwaywhen

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024