Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) 14:08 - Mar 12 with 10483 viewsDecageBruce

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:09 - Mar 12 with 4368 viewsfooters

Oh lawd.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:19 - Mar 12 with 4317 viewsjeera

I want to see cow racing as someone [seemingly] suggested.

Not bull-fighting, cow racing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:21 - Mar 12 with 4332 viewsSpruceMoose

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:19 - Mar 12 by jeera

I want to see cow racing as someone [seemingly] suggested.

Not bull-fighting, cow racing.

Can we eat the loser?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:22 - Mar 12 with 4325 viewshomer_123

Marginally better than Bull, Cock or Dog fighting.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:22 - Mar 12 with 4321 viewsJ2BLUE

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:21 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

Can we eat the loser?

You can in my new sport, giraffe boxing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 12 with 4312 viewsFixed_It

Can we eat the loser?

For a nasty moment I got this confused with the Brexit thread...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:30 - Mar 12 with 4285 viewsRyorry

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:23 - Mar 12 by Fixed_It

For a nasty moment I got this confused with the Brexit thread...

Well the HoC is definitely a bearpit - the debate's actually better quality on TWTD!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:32 - Mar 12 with 4280 viewsitfcjoe

Won't take long....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:34 - Mar 12 with 4246 viewsjeera

Can we eat the loser?

Depends.

It might turn out to be a great source of calcium and some amazing brie to boot.

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:34 - Mar 12 with 4250 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Its a rubbish spectator sport that's for sure.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:38 - Mar 12 with 4242 viewsRyorry

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:34 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its a rubbish spectator sport that's for sure.

Don't watch then!

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:42 - Mar 12 with 4222 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:38 - Mar 12 by Ryorry

Don't watch then!

I'm not x

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:54 - Mar 12 with 4187 viewsRyorry

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:42 - Mar 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not x

So you know it's "a rubbish spectator sport" how?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:56 - Mar 12 with 4160 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:54 - Mar 12 by Ryorry

Because I have experienced it.

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:56 - Mar 12 with 4166 viewsFtnfwest

he tried it once and didn't like it (in the immortal words of June Whitfield)
Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:58 - Mar 12 with 4158 viewsIllinoisblue

related: what do horse trainers do? Aside from whacking the horse with a whip or the jockey digging his heels in a bit more, what exactly goes into training a horse?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:04 - Mar 12 with 4140 viewsJ2BLUE

To be fair, for the first 90% of each race I prefer watching the odds on Betfair than watching the race.

I watched Beware The Bear go to 1.2 while it was 3rd on the tv. Clearly someone has some faster pictures or are betting at the racecourse!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:06 - Mar 12 with 4135 viewsRyorry

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:58 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

related: what do horse trainers do? Aside from whacking the horse with a whip or the jockey digging his heels in a bit more, what exactly goes into training a horse?

Trainers don't ride the horses - well not in races anyway!

I'll try and write something when I've got more time, maybe ask a trainer of my acquaintance if he can put together a brief summary (I'm sure he's not busy at all!).

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:10 - Mar 12 with 4114 viewsFtnfwest

Can we eat the loser?

only in the EU
Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:12 - Mar 12 with 4103 viewsRyorry

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:10 - Mar 12 by Ftnfwest

only in the EU

Was that the best reason for voting 'Leave'?!

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:22 - Mar 12 with 4063 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:56 - Mar 12 by Ftnfwest

he tried it once and didn't like it (in the immortal words of June Whitfield)

Tried it a few times unfortunately ;-(

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:26 - Mar 12 with 4057 viewsbritbiker

I wonder how many would watch/follow horse racing, greyhound racing etc if it wasn't for betting. Mind you I probably wouldn't watch prem fottie or champs league if I didn't have a small bet on either.
Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:36 - Mar 12 with 4037 viewsjeera

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:58 - Mar 12 by Illinoisblue

Tactics.

Using a whiteboard, they point out the expectations to their horse, describing the conditions, and the form of the opposition.

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 15:42 - Mar 12 with 4024 viewschicoazul

Horse racing is inherently cruel. There is no real argument against this. It is also important to remember that many of the things we do to animals, including eating them and using them for entertainment, are inherently cruel.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 16:32 - Mar 12 with 3941 viewssundaze

Thread to talk morals of horse racing (n/t) on 14:22 - Mar 12 by homer_123

Marginally better than Bull, Cock or Dog fighting.

Not sure about the dog fighting, but not the first time a cock and bull story appears on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024