Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazed at the negativity on here 21:44 - Mar 12 with 4838 viewsm14_blue

A team sprinkled with academy prospects have gone and got a thoroughly deserved point away at at team in the play offs, playing passing football and showing considerable character.

Expected almost universal satisfaction on here and yet almost all the threads seem to be negative, including people having pops at Emmanuel, Kenlock and Dozzell.

WTF is wrong with some of you people?

Exactly how well were you expecting us to play tonight???

Thank goodness the away fans have a different attitude.
Amazed at the negativity on here on 21:50 - Mar 12 with 4742 viewschristiand

They’re in the top 6 and we’re rock bottom with 3 wins all season. We should be smashing them 5-0 at their gaff!! 😉

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Amazed at the negativity on here on 21:52 - Mar 12 with 4712 viewsOxford_Blue

We are bottom and staring relegation in the face.

A bit of negativity is probably expected, isn’t it?
Amazed at the negativity on here on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 4673 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Well put. Thought the lads played well overall. Deserved the point. Some decent passing passages of play in difficult conditions.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Amazed at the negativity on here on 21:57 - Mar 12 with 4634 viewsfooters

Amazed at the negativity on here on 21:52 - Mar 12 by Oxford_Blue

We are bottom and staring relegation in the face.

A bit of negativity is probably expected, isn’t it?

Negativity, from you Oxford?! No way.

We may be bottom but we're far from whipping boys. We have an identifiable style of play, decent youngsters capable at this level and a positive manager who'll lead us into the next season.

We're down- get over it. Concentrate on performances, style and yoof now.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amazed at the negativity on here on 21:58 - Mar 12 with 4633 viewsitfcjoe

Spot on - 5 academy players in our 14 used players today, plus a teenager from Chelsea.

Emmanuel and Dozzell have barely started this season, and both contributed more positive than negative. A debut for El Mizouni too, brave from Lambert.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:01 - Mar 12 with 4599 viewsMullet

Think everyone is so beaten down by the reality of this year and how badly it's gone, that unless we get a win it'll never be fully accepted.

Whatever Lambert gets right, without the result being there.... well y'know it's a foot in the door for slagging him or someone else off.

I'll take giving the kids a go, I'll take not getting done in, I'll take it all being a bit wobbly for ten minutes here and there if it leaves him in the best possible position to make League 1 a misstep and not our new home. Every game we're down there is insulting, so undoing that is imperative. It's not going to be easy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:06 - Mar 12 with 4552 viewsReuser_is_God

Anyone being negative about tonight is a melt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:07 - Mar 12 with 4528 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Spot on

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Indeed on 22:07 - Mar 12 with 4515 viewsDyland

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:06 - Mar 12 by Reuser_is_God

Anyone being negative about tonight is a melt.

A little disappointed we didn't win it though.

Bristol City is such a div club to boot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:12 - Mar 12 with 4449 viewsjasondozzell

Completely agree. Was at West Brom and was brilliant performance. Played well again tonight. Feel v optimistic about club despite us going down!
Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:22 - Mar 12 with 4370 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Was a poor game. I thought we were better then them but lacked quality.

Think we have a brighter future then the position we have now and fantastic to see some.of the young guys out there.

Bish had a great little Cameo. I don't think there is too much wrong with reviewing how players played as i think judgements are being made for next season. Emmanuel and Kenlock did not play well and they are getting towards make or break.for their town careers now.

I think anything but universal satisfaction from a poor game is pushing it slightly. There shouldnt be a barage of negativity thats for sure. Was a very flat atmoshphere and game. To our credit we stopped them and their crowd.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:35 - Mar 12 with 4272 viewslinhdi

Sitting over yet another rocket fuel cider on the Apple Barge, I am honestly proud of the players, the management and the fans tonight. One local has said "I cannot understand how you can be bottom of the League".
Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:44 - Mar 12 with 4224 viewsnshearman1

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:22 - Mar 12 by Terry_Nutkins

Was a poor game. I thought we were better then them but lacked quality.

Think we have a brighter future then the position we have now and fantastic to see some.of the young guys out there.

Bish had a great little Cameo. I don't think there is too much wrong with reviewing how players played as i think judgements are being made for next season. Emmanuel and Kenlock did not play well and they are getting towards make or break.for their town careers now.

I think anything but universal satisfaction from a poor game is pushing it slightly. There shouldnt be a barage of negativity thats for sure. Was a very flat atmoshphere and game. To our credit we stopped them and their crowd.

I find this pretty extraordinary. 2nd para totally agreed. Bish had 7 minutes and did OK but was hardly outstanding. Emmanuel and Kenlock did fine, they are young players developing their game, Kenlock actually looked more mature for having got more games under his belt and crucially made the goal - which needed to be an OG as we never looked like scoring. Overall Emmanuel did fine given he's barely been given a chance in the first team, a couple of mistakes but what do people expect? City were poor and we worked our socks off to stop them playing. The game was flat in places but not throughout. The atmosphere - certainly in the away end - was certainly not flat.
Amazed at the negativity on here on 12:22 - Mar 13 with 4002 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Amazed at the negativity on here on 22:44 - Mar 12 by nshearman1

I find this pretty extraordinary. 2nd para totally agreed. Bish had 7 minutes and did OK but was hardly outstanding. Emmanuel and Kenlock did fine, they are young players developing their game, Kenlock actually looked more mature for having got more games under his belt and crucially made the goal - which needed to be an OG as we never looked like scoring. Overall Emmanuel did fine given he's barely been given a chance in the first team, a couple of mistakes but what do people expect? City were poor and we worked our socks off to stop them playing. The game was flat in places but not throughout. The atmosphere - certainly in the away end - was certainly not flat.

You find my post pretty extraordinary? Thought it was quite balanced. Basically a poor game we did ok in. Was good to see some youngsters get game time bit clear they will need time and patience. Not convinced by emmanuel in any game i have seen but would love to see him develop and prove me wrong. Seems fair?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Amazed at the negativity on here on 12:28 - Mar 13 with 3982 viewsKieran_Knows

Can't please everyone m14!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Amazed at the negativity on here on 12:51 - Mar 13 with 3943 viewsMullysplace1

What do you expect? 17 years of utter dross, most of that under Evans and now we are getting relegated to league 1 for the first time in 62 years. Nothing much there to be positive about.
Amazed at the negativity on here on 12:58 - Mar 13 with 3931 viewsfooters

Amazed at the negativity on here on 12:51 - Mar 13 by Mullysplace1

What do you expect? 17 years of utter dross, most of that under Evans and now we are getting relegated to league 1 for the first time in 62 years. Nothing much there to be positive about.

Cheaper tickets and we might win a few more games?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amazed at the negativity on here on 13:10 - Mar 13 with 3909 viewsFenboyBlue

It's good to see a youthful side finally emerging and coping well with some of the sides at the top of the table. But League 1 will be a different kettle of fish. We've been rubbish at dealing with lower league opposition in numerous cup games for years. Imagine that week in week out in League 1 itself where we're seen as the "fancy dans" coming down and a scalp that regular League 1 teams will try harder to take. We'll definitely need to sign a few older, more physical players who are equipped to deal with the uglier side of League 1. Lambo must have done this with his League 1 Norwich side (?) Hope he can do it again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024